Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard
Earn up to 27,000 bonus Qantas Points and get a competitive $49 annual fee.
The Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard is designed for frequent flyers who want a competitive Qantas Point earn rate without the high annual fee. When you apply by 30 June 2021, you will earn 3 bonus Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases that you make in the first 6 months from card approval, up to a total of 27,000 bonus Qantas Points.
These bonus points are in addition to the ongoing earn rate of 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on domestic purchases up to $3,000 per statement period (0.4 Qantas Points per $1 spent thereafter). If you're more focused on paying off your current credit card debt, you can get 0% p.a. balance transfers for the first 12 months with no balance transfer fee when you apply by 30 June 2021. At the end of the introductory period, the balance transfer rate reverts to the the cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a.).
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Qantas Premier Everyday|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$4,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Earn 3 bonus Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases (up to 27,000 bonus Qantas Points)
- Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on domestic purchases up to $3,000 per statement period (2,250 points) and 0.4 points per $1 spent thereafter.
- This card comes with a complimentary overseas travel insurance.
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
- Domestic spend threshold of $3,000 before lower points earn rate kicks in is low
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$25|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
To give you an idea of your points potential, you could use 27,000 Qantas Points for a return economy flight from Brisbane to Melbourne (24,000 points) or get a one-way business class flight from Sydney to the Gold Coast (18,400 points) with lots of points to spare. If flying isn’t on the cards yet, you could also use these points to get $125 worth of Woolworths WISH digital gift cards through the Qantas Store (24,750 points for one $100 gift card and one $25 gift card).
How to apply
You can apply for the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard online in 10 minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Income. You must earn at least $35,000 per year to apply for this card.
- New customer. You won't be eligible to apply for this card if you are the primary cardholder of another Qantas Premier credit card account.
- Credit history. Qantas Money may decline your application if you have taken advantage of multiple introductory offers in the past, including bonus points or a balance transfer on a credit card issued by Citigroup.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to apply for this card. If you're not already a member, you can join for free during the application.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply for this credit card. You also need to have an Australian residential address and mobile phone number.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you plan to make use of the balance transfer, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to 4 accounts not issued by Citigroup.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, Australian residential address, email address and an Australian mobile phone number.
- Identification. This includes your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment. Provide details of your current employer, role, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked to submit recent payslips or your work agreement as supporting documentation. If you're self-employed, you should provide details of your tax accountant and recent Tax Assessment Notices.
- Finances. List any assets (like savings or investments) and debts (such as existing cards or loans) that you have. You'll also be asked to estimate your regular expenses for essentials such as food, housing and utilities.
- Balance transfer details. You'll need to provide the name of the financial institution, BPAY reference number and the amount you want to transfer available.
- Up to 27,000 bonus Qantas Points. Apply by 30 June 2021 and you will earn 3 bonus Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases you make in the 6 months from card approval, up to a total of 27,000 bonus Qantas Points. These bonus points are in addition to to the standard Qantas Points per $1 you’ll earn with this card.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. You'll earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent up to $3,000 per statement period (2,250 points) and 0.4 Qantas Points per $1 spent thereafter. Eligible transactions include most everyday purchases, such as retail shopping, food and drinks, petrol and travel bookings. Transactions that won’t earn points include cash advances, balance transfers and BPAY payments. You'll collect 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on international purchases and 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible Qantas spend.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. When you book eligible travel on your card, you can take advantage of medical emergency insurance cover of up to $1,000,000 plus travel cancellation cover of up to $20,000.
- Qantas Premier Concierge. Primary cardholders get access to a 24/7 concierge service available to assist with everything from party planning to beauty and fitness services to medical and travel assistance.
- No fee balance transfer offer. If you need to pay down an existing debt, you can take advantage of a balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months with no balance transfer fee when you apply by 30 June 2021. Any remaining balance at the end of the introductory period will accrue interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a.). Note that you won't be eligible for interest-free days on purchases when you have a balance transfer debt.
- Fraud protection. You can shop with peace of mind thanks to Mastercard Zero Liability cover.
- Qantas Money app. You can track your spending, balance and points on the go and in one place with the Qantas Money app.
- Mobile payment compatibility. Make payments by tapping your eligible Apple device at a contactless terminal when you add this card to the Apple Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a competitive standard annual fee of $49. If you choose to add an additional cardholder, a $25 annual fee applies for each additional cardholder.
- Purchase rate. The variable interest on purchases is 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can save with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. You won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Cash advances. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, will attract the variable 21.99% p.a. cash advance interest rate. They will also be subject to a fee of 3% of transaction amount or $3 (whichever is greater).
- International transaction fee. If you use your card to make a foreign transaction overseas or shopping online, you'll be charged a 3% foreign transaction fee.