Score 20,000 bonus Qantas Points and a long-term balance transfer offer for a low annual fee.
The Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard is targeted at frequent flyers who want a competitive Qantas earn rate without the high annual fee. The second offering from Qantas Money, cardholders can earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points when they meet the spend requirement and collect up to 1.75 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases all for a competitive annual fee of $49. Plus, if you want to get an existing credit card debt under control, you can also take advantage of 0% on balance transfers for up to 15 months with no balance transfer fee.
|Product Name||Qantas Premier Everyday|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||29 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$49 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3 or 3% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$25|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- Take advantage of 20,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days from card approval.
- Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on domestic purchases up to $3,000 per statement period and 0.40 points per $1 spent thereafter.
- Enjoy complimentary overseas travel insurance.
- A 0% p.a. for 15 balance transfer offer with no BT fee.
- Receive 6 months interest-free on your first Qantas purchase made using your card.
- At the end of the introductory period, balance transfer rate will revert to the cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Domestic spend threshold of $3,000 before lower earn rate kicks in is low.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||20,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Review of the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard
The Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard is a low fee option for cardholders who want to earn Qantas Points for every dollar they spend. Although rewarding, this card comes with fewer extra features than the higher-tier Qantas Premier Platinum credit card.
The Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard also charges a 19.99% p.a. purchase rate, so it’s not suited to cardholders who plan to carry a balance from month to month. If you do pay your balance in full each statement period, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days.
Benefits and features of the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard
- 20,000 bonus Qantas Points. You can give your Qantas Points balance a boost of 20,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of approval. That’s enough points to fly economy from Sydney to Christchurch! Offer ends 29 April 2018.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. You’ll continue to earn Qantas Points on eligible purchases with 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent up to $3,000 per statement period, and 0.4 Qantas Points per $1 spent thereafter. You’ll earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on international purchases and 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible Qantas spend.
- 0% balance transfer offer. If you need to pay down an existing debt, you can take advantage of a balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 15 months and pay no BT fee when you apply by 29 April 2018.
- Complimentary travel insurance. When you book eligible travel on your card, you can take advantage of medical emergency insurance cover of up to $1,000,000 plus travel cancellation cover of up to $20,000.
- 0% for 6 months on Qantas purchases. Tailored to reward loyal Qantas customers, you can enjoy 6 months interest free on your first Qantas purchase made within the first 6 months from card approval.
- Qantas Premier Concierge. Primary cardholders get access a 24/7 concierge service available to assist with everything from party planning to beauty and fitness services to medical and travel assistance.
- Fraud protection. You can shop with peace of mind thanks to Mastercard Zero Liability cover.
- Qantas Money app. You can track your spending, balance and points on the go and in one place with the Qantas Money app.
Rates and fees of the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard
- Annual fee. This card has a competitive annual fee of $49, which is relatively low for a frequent flyer credit card. There is also a $25 annual fee for any additional cardholders.
- Purchase rate. If you don’t pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period, your purchases will collect interest at the rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, will attract the standard 21.99% p.a. cash advance rate. Remaining balances from a balance transfer will also collect interest at this rate after the introductory period.
- International transaction fee. If you use your card to shop overseas, you’ll be charged a 3% foreign transaction fee.
How to apply for the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard
It takes around 10 minutes to apply for the Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard online. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply for this credit card. You also need to have an Australian residential address and mobile phone number.
- Do you meet the minimum income requirement? You must earn at least $35,000 per year to apply for this card.
- Do you already have a Qantas Premier credit card? You won't be eligible to apply for this card if you are the primary cardholder of another Qantas Premier credit card account.
- Are you a Qantas Frequent Flyer member? You must be a current Qantas Frequent Flyer member to apply for this card. If you are not an existing member, a joining fee of $89.50 may apply.
Information and documents you’ll need
To complete your application, you’ll be asked to provide a range of details and supporting documentation. This could include:
- Personal details. All credit card applications require your full name, date of birth, Australian residential address, email address and an Australian mobile phone number.
- Identification. This includes your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare number. Usually a driver’s licence is preferred.
- Employment. Provide details of your current employer, role, salary and your employer’s contact details. You may also be asked to submit recent payslips or your work agreement as supporting documentation. If you’re self-employed, you should provide details of your tax accountant and recent Tax Assessment Notices.
- Financial details. Provide information about any other assets that you have (savings, investments etc) and debts such as existing cards or loans. You’ll also be asked to estimate your regular expenses for essentials such as food, housing and utilities.
The Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard is a low fee alternative for Qantas Frequent Flyers. As this isn’t the only low fee frequent flyer card on the market, make sure to compare your options before you apply.Back to top