The Police Bank Visa Credit Card charges a low interest rate if you carry a balance and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your total statement balance by the due date. As a Visa credit card, it also gives you access to offers for shopping, travel, dining and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks.
Police Bank Visa Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 10.76% p.a.
- Annual fee for the first year ($30 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Police Bank Visa Credit Card is suited to people who want simple, low-cost access to credit. Its ongoing 10.76% p.a. interest rate for purchases is much lower than the average standard credit card interest rate of 19.94%, which can help you save on interest charges if you carry a balance from month-to-month. The $30 annual fee is also competitive for a low rate credit card and is waived in the first year.
As with many of the low rate and low fee credit cards on the market, the Police Bank Visa Credit Card doesn't offer fancy perks like rewards or complimentary insurance. But you can use it around the world wherever Visa is accepted and can add it to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay digital wallets.
$0 first year annual fee (normally $30 p.a.)
A low ongoing rate of 10.76% p.a.
Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
No rewards program or travel insurance
3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Police Bank Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||10.76%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||10.76%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($30 after)|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3.8%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3.8%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$3.80|
How to apply
You can apply for the Police Bank Visa Credit Card through a secure application form on the bank's website. If you're not already a member of the bank, you'll be asked to join as part of this process.
Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application.
- Residency. You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must have a regular income and be able to make repayments.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit history.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, contact details, residential address, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Proof of identification. You will need to provide your driver's licence number (if you have one).
- Financial details. Confirm your existing financial institution, which includes your income, assets, expenses, and liabilities.
- $0 first-year annual fee. The Police Bank Visa Credit Card offers a $0 annual fee for the first year, saving you $30 on the annual fee that applies from the second year on.
- Low interest rate. This card's 10.76% p.a. interest rate is competitive with other low rate cards, which typically have purchase rates between 8% and 15% p.a.
- Visa Offers + Perks. This Visa credit card gives you access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment, with the latest deals available on the Visa website.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to use your eligible smartphone to tap and pay wherever contactless payments are accepted.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $30, which is relatively low when compared to other credit cards on the market.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
- Credit limit. The $1,000 minimum credit limit on this card is at the low end of the scale for credit cards in Australia.