People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
Save with a low annual fee and a promotional 2.99% p.a. interest rate for 6 months.
The People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card is a low interest rate card that also charges a competitive annual fee, giving you multiple ways to cut your costs. You can save with an introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers for the first 6 months. After this, you’ll be charged a low variable rate of either 15.75% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. depending on your financial situation.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 12.95% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||2.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Purchase Rate (12.95% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||2.99% p.a. for 6 months, reverts to 12.95% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||62 days|
|Cash advance rate||12.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 2.99% p.a. interest rate offer on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers for 6 months
- Comes with a low annual fee of $59
- This card doesn't come with a rewards program.
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the People's Choice Credit Union Visa card online in 15 to 20 minutes. Before you do, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the information you'll need to complete the application.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and not been declared bankrupt in the past five years.
- Income. You must currently be in paid employment and be able to service the minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents or Australian citizens.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, address, contact information, marital status and number of dependents. You'll be required to provide your driver's licence number and expiry to verify your identity.
- Income. You'll need to confirm your gross salary and provide proof of income including recent pay slips, pensions, rental income and commissions.
- Employment. Confirm your current occupation and provide your employer's name and contact information.
- Finances. List your assets (including savings, value of motor vehicles, shares and superannuation), regular expenses (such as utility bills and rent) and liabilities (such as loan repayments, credit and store cards and mortgages).
- Low introductory interest rate. You can take advantage of a low introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. across purchases, balance transfers and cash advances for the first 6 months. After this, all transactions will attract the standard interest rate.
- Mobile wallet. You can link your card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay to use your eligible smartphone or wearable device to make contactless payments at the checkout.
- Visa perks. The People's Choice Credit Union Visa card is accepted at millions of locations around the world. You can also access exclusive entertainment deals and discounts through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Security. You'll be protected from fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability policy. Verified by Visa also offers an additional layer of security when you use your card to shop online.
Rates & fees
- Low annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $59. People's Choice waives the annual fee if you have a People's Choice home loan package, use the services of a People's Choice financial planner or if you're under 25 years of age and have a People's Choice Active Account.
- Variable interest rate. The variable interest rate is 12.95% p.a. or 15.75% p.a. People's Choice Credit Union assign one of these variable rates based on the information you provide when you apply for this credit card.
- Up to 62 interest-free days. When you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 62 interest-free days on purchases. You won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Minimum repayments. You must pay at least 3% of your People's Choice Visa Credit Card outstanding balance or $10 (whichever is greater) each month.