The People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card has a $59 annual fee that's competitive with other no-frills cards. It also offers up to 62 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, which is one of the longer interest-free day periods on the market. But if you only pay off some of your balance each month, interest charges will add up faster if you're offered the higher, 15.75% p.a. variable rate on this card.
People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate for 6 months with no balance transfer fee
- 2.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate for the first 6 months (reverts to 12.95%)
- 2.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $59 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 62 days
Introductory 2.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers in the first 6 months.
Competitive $59 annual fee.
Works with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay digital wallets.
The variable interest rate of either 15.75% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. depends on your application, so you won't know until after you apply.
No rewards or perks like complimentary insurance.
|Product Name||People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||2.99% for 6 months, then 12.95%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||2.99% for 6 months, then 12.95%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 62 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||12.95%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
How to apply
You can apply for the People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card online by completing a secure application on the People's Choice website. To get started, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the information you'll need to complete the application.
- Income. You must currently be in paid employment and be able to service the minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents or Australian citizens.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and must not have been declared bankrupt in the past 5 years.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your Australian driver's licence or passport.
- Income. You'll need to confirm your gross salary and provide proof of income including recent pay slips, pensions, rental income and commissions.
- Employment. This includes your current occupation and provide your employer's name and contact information.
- Finances. This covers your assets, including savings, value of motor vehicles, shares and superannuation. You also need to provide details on liabilities, such as existing credit cards and loans, and provide details of your regular spending on essentials.
- Low introductory interest rate. The People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card has a low introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances for the first 6 months. After this, all transactions and balances on the card attract the standard interest rate.
- Mobile wallet. You can link your card with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay to use your eligible smartphone or wearable device to make contactless payments at the checkout.
- Visa perks. The People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card is accepted at millions of locations around the world. You can also access exclusive entertainment deals and discounts through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Security. You'll be protected from fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability policy. Visa Secure also offers an additional layer of security when you use your card to shop online.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $59. This fee is waived if you have a People's Choice home loan package, use the services of a People's Choice financial planner or if you're under 25 years of age and have a People's Choice Active Account.
- Variable interest rate. The People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card has a variable interest rate of 12.95% p.a. or 15.75% p.a., which is determined based on the details provided in your application. If you're approved, the interest rate for your card is confirmed on your loan contract.
- Up to 62 interest-free days. When you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you get up to 62 days interest-free on purchases. But you won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Minimum repayments. You must pay at least 3% of your People's Choice Visa Credit Card outstanding balance or $10 (whichever is greater) each month.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked