Enjoy a low ongoing interest rate and an annual fee that won’t break the bank with the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa.
The People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card is a low interest rate product that also features a low annual fee. Depending on your finances, People’s Choice Credit Union will offer you a low ongoing variable rate of either 12.95% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. for this card. This is the standard interest rate for all purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
|Product Name||People's Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (12.95% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 12.95% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 62 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 12.95% p.a.)|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5.00 per withdrawal|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
People’s Choice CU Visa Credit Card review
This card has a 6-month introductory interest rate of 2.99% p.a., which gives you an affordable way to make purchases and consolidate debt. The ongoing variable rate of interest is based on the information you enter when you apply for the card and will apply to any balance you carry at the end of the intro period. If you pay your balance in full, you can avoid paying interest on purchases by making use of the up to 62 days interest-free available on the People’s Choice Visa.
Benefits of the People’s Choice CU Visa Credit Card
- Low introductory interest rate. For the first 6 months you have the People’s Choice Visa Credit Card, interest is charged at the introductory rate of 2.99%, available across all balance transfers, cash advances and purchases.
- Up to 62 days interest-free. Pay your balance in full by the statement due date and you can make interest-free purchases for up to 62 days. Cash advances are ineligible for interest-free days and interest-free days do not apply if you’re carrying a balance, including one from a balance transfer.
Features of the People’s Choice CU Visa Credit Card
- Low annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $59. People’s Choice waives the annual fee if you have a People’s Choice home loan package, use the services of a People’s Choice financial planner or if you’re under 25 years of age and have a People’s Choice Active Account.
- Ongoing interest rate. The ongoing variable interest rate is 12.95% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. People’s Choice Credit Union assign one of these variable ongoing rates based on the information you provide when you apply for this credit card.
- Minimum repayments. You must pay at least 3% of your People’s Choice Visa Credit Card outstanding balance each month, or $10 (whichever is greater).
- Late payment fee. People’s Choice don’t charge a late payment fee if you don’t make the minimum repayment by the due date. But a $25 second letter fee is charged if you continue to fail to make a payment.
- People’s Choice Internet banking. Register for Internet banking when you get your credit card so you can view your available credit limit, recent transactions and apply for limit increases.
- Mobile wallet. Download the People’s Choice Redi2PAY application and make contactless payments using your Android smartphone.
- Visa credit card. This People’s Choice credit card can be used wherever Visa is accepted in Australia and around the world. This also means you get to take advantage of payWave contactless payments and Visa Entertainment offers.
- Visa Zero Liability Guarantee. The Visa Zero Liability Guarantee gives you a money back guarantee if unauthorised purchases are made on your account.
How to apply for the People’s Choice CU Visa Credit Card
You can apply for a People’s Choice Credit Card online in under 15 minutes by clicking the “Go to site” button on this page. This will take you to a secure application page on the People’s Choice website. Before you apply, have a read through the following information to check your eligibility and the details you’ll need for your application.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for the People’s Choice Visa credit card.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or Australian citizen.
- Credit history. You must not have been declared bankrupt in the past five years.
- Income. You must currently be in paid employment and be able to service the minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Income and assets. Provide information about your employer, income sources, savings account balances and other assets. Income information should detail your last three years of employment.
- Expenses and liabilities. Provide details about your ongoing monthly expenses such as rent, loan repayments. You will also be asked for details of any liabilities such as personal loan, car loan or credit card balances. If you plan on transferring a balance to your People’s Choice Visa, you will need to provide the account information, including the financial institution’s name, BSB, account number and amount of money you wish to transfer.
- Identification. You need to verify your identity with People’s Choice Credit Union to complete the application process. You can do this online by using a primary form of identification such as a driver's licence or proof of age card.
The People’s Choice Visa is a low rate credit card with a low annual fee. If you’re looking to pay down a credit card debt, compare balance transfer credit cards so you can find the right rate and balance transfer period for you.Back to top