Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
Take advantage of 8.99% p.a. on purchases for the first 6 months and save with a low annual fee.
New customers can save on regular card costs with a low introductory interest rate of 8.99% p.a. on purchases for the first 6 months with the Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card. After that, the interest rate reverts to 14% p.a. If you're already a Northern Inland customer with a home loan, you could take advantage of a lower purchase rate of 10.74% p.a. while you pay off your home loan.
for the first 6 months (reverts to 14% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 8.99% introductory interest rate on purchases for 6 months (reverts to 14% p.a.)
- Home Loan Rewards rate of 10.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Not linked to any rewards program
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic credit card online. Just make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. You're eligible to apply for this card if you're an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident.
- Credit history. You won't be eligible to apply for this card if you've been declared bankrupt or had any legal action taken against you for the recovery of debt.
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your name, date of birth, home address, phone number, name and address of closest relative not living with you and number of dependent children. You may also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or Australian passport.
- Employment. As well as your annual salary, you will be asked for details of your profession, employer's name, contact details and the length of time you've been with your employer.
- Income and expenditure. You’ll need to provide details of other forms of income, such as a pension, Centrelink payments or income from a rental property. You'll also be asked to provide details of your expenses, including regular loan repayments, household bills and grocery costs.
- Assets and liabilities. This includes any investments, such as house property and savings accounts, as well as liabilities including mortgages, existing cards and any childcare payments.
- Low introductory purchase rate. If you're a new customer, you can save with a reduced purchase interest rate of 8.99% p.a. for the first 6 months. After that, a standard purchase interest rate of 14% p.a. applies.
- Reduced interest rate for home loan customers. If you have an existing Northern Inland Credit Union home loan, this card offers a reduced Home Loan Rewards rate of 10.74% p.a. This rate reverts to the standard purchase rate once you have paid off your home loan.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your card to Google Pay or Apple Pay to use your eligible smartphone or device to tap and pay at the checkout.
- Visa benefits. Your online purchases will be protected by an extra layer of security thanks to Verified by Visa. You’ll also get access to exclusive discounts, dining deals and more through Visa Offers and Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card charges an annual fee of $40.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can save with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to make a cash advance (such as withdrawing cash from an ATM), you'll be charged a cash advance fee of $2.50. A 14% p.a. interest rate will also apply to your cash advance from the date of the transaction.
- Account information. You can get your monthly statement through online banking or by post. You can also use this service to manage your account at any time or call the 24/7 phone banking service on 1300 65 64 28.