Pay 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months, and pay a honeymoon interest rate on purchases for 6 months.
The Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card charges a low honeymoon rate on purchases for the first six months, and if you use this card for balance transfers you can receive a special 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 12 months. If you have an existing Northern Inland CU home loan, you can qualify for a considerably lower ongoing rate.
|Product Name||Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (14% p.a.)|
|Maximum Balance Transfer Amount||$25,000|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||8.99% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 14.00% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$40 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||14.00% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$40 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||US $175|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$2|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
3% of the transaction value
Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card review
Cardholders can save considerably in the form of interest through this card’s 0% p.a. interest balance transfer offer, as well as through a standard variable rate that is the same for purchases and cash advances. Existing Northern Inland CU home loan holders can get an even lower ongoing rate, leading to further savings. The ongoing annual fee you have to pay is a nominal $40.
Benefits of the Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. If you use this card to transfer balances from existing cards, you don’t have to pay any interest on transferred balances for the first 12 months, and this can lead to significant savings. At the end of the 12-month period, any outstanding balance starts attracting the card’s standard rate.
- Competitive standard rate. Unlike most other credit cards, this card charges the same standard variable interest rate on purchases as well as balance transfers, and this currently stands at 14% p.a. If you have an existing Northern Inland CU home loan, you can enjoy a special home loan rewards interest of 10.74% p.a.Use anytime, anywhere. Visa is accepted in most countries around the world, so you can use this card while travelling internationally, at ATMs and at EFTPOS terminals. If you make online and over the phone purchases and bill payments, this card could suit you just fine.
Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card attracts a nominal annual fee of $40.
- Balance transfer offer. This credit card charges 0% p.a. interest on transferred balances for the first 12 months, after which any outstanding balance starts attracting the card’s standard variable rate.
- Interest-free days. By paying your account’s closing balance in full every billing cycle you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Account information. You receive your credit card statement by post each month, and you can also view all transaction details at any time via online banking.
- Visa Entertainment. As a Northern Inland CU Visa cardholder you can visit the Visa Entertainment website and register for free. This online platform gives you access to a range of entertainment offers which include film premieres and pre-sale tickets.
- Visa Preferred Services. This service provides access to benefits like priority ticketing and seating as well as accommodation discounts.
- Verified by Visa. This online service provides enhanced security when you or anyone else uses your credit card details over the internet.
How to apply for the Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card
You can apply for the Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card by visiting any Northern Inland CU branch, you can initiate the process over the phone, and you can apply online. To submit your application online, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button, but before beginning make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent Australian resident
- You have a good credit history
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, home address, phone number, name and address of closest relative not living with you, and number of dependent children
- Work-related information including your occupation, employer’s name and contact details
- Income and expenditure details
- Details about your assets and liabilities
This can be a good no-frills credit card to use, especially if you make use of its balance transfer offer. Take into account that there are other cards that offer similar features, so you should compare it with a few before deciding.Back to top