Enjoy competitive rates and fees, plus up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
The Northern Inland CU Visa Classic Credit Card offers a low honeymoon interest rate of 8.99% on purchases for the first 6 months if you're a new customer. After that, the interest rate reverts to 14% p.a. If you're already a Northern Inland customer with a home loan, you could enjoy a lower purchase rate of 10.74% p.a. while you pay off your home loan.
|Product Name||Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||8.99% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 14.00% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$40 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period is the maximum number of days during which interest is not charged on new purchases. This only applies if you pay your closing balance in full by the statement due date.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||14.00% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit limit you can be granted. It is possible to request a higher credit limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$40 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||US $175|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$2|
Benefits of the Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card
- Honeymoon interest rate offer. If you're a new customer, the honeymoon rate of 8.99% could help you save on interest charges for the first 6 months. After that, a standard purchase rate of 14% p.a. applies.
- Reduced interest rate for home loan customers. If you have an existing Northern Inland CU home loan, this card offers a reduced Home Loan Rewards rate of 10.74% p.a. This rate reverts to the standard purchase rate once you had paid out your Northern Inland CU home loan.
- Apple Pay. The Northern Inland CU Visa Classic is compatible with Apple Pay, which means you can add it to the app and then make payments directly from your iPhone or other eligible device. You can check out this guide to credit cards with Apple Pay to learn more about the app and compare other options.
- Google Pay. If you have a compatible Android phone (or other mobile device), you can add your Northern Inland CU Visa Classic to Google Pay and then make contactless payments in-store, as well as faster payments online. If you want to learn more about credit cards with Google Pay, our full guide is a good place to start.
- Visa Entertainment. As a Northern Inland CU Visa cardholder, you can visit the Visa Entertainment website and register for free. This online platform gives you access to a range of entertainment offers which include film premieres and pre-sale tickets.
- Verified by Visa. This online service provides enhanced security when you or anyone else uses your credit card details over the internet.
Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card has an annual fee of $40.
- Interest-free days. By paying your account’s closing balance in full every billing cycle, you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash, you'll be charged a cash advance fee of $2.50 A 14% p.a. interest rate will also apply to your cash advance from the date of the transaction.
- Account information. You can get your monthly statement through Online Banking or by post. You can also use this service manage your account at any time, or call the 24/7 phone banking service on 1300 65 64 28.
How to apply for the Northern Inland CU Visa Credit Card
You can register your interest in applying for the Northern Inland CU Visa Classic online by filling out a one-page form with your contact details and preferred time to be called. You can also download the application form and fill it out before visiting a Northern Inland CU branch. Alternatively, you can apply in branch or call Northern Inland on 02 6763 5111.
Before beginning make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Are you over 18 years old? You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- What is your Australian residency status? You're eligible to apply for this card if you're an Australian citizen currently living in Australia.
- Do you have a good credit history? You won't be eligible to apply for this card if you've been declared bankrupt or had any legal action taken against you for the recovery of debt.
Documents and details
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your name, date of birth, home address, phone number, name and address of closest relative not living with you and number of dependent children. You may also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or Australian passport.
- Employment information. As well as your salary, you will be asked for details of your profession, employer's name, contact details and the length of time you've been with your employer.
- Income and expenditure. This covers any other forms of income, such as a pension, Centrelink payments or income from a rental property. You'll also be asked to provide details of your expenses, including regular loan repayments, household bills and grocery costs.
- Assets and liabilities. This section covers your investments, such as house property and savings accounts, as well as liabilities including mortgages, existing cards and any childcare payments.
The Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic is a no-frills card that offers low-cost features. You can compare it to other low rate credit cards to help you decide if it's right for you.Back to top