The Myer Credit Card offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa card network and can be added to Apple Pay and Google Pay. When you're shopping at Myer, you can also get 6 months interest-free on eligible purchases. Just keep in mind that the card's standard variable interest rate applies after that.
Myer Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate for 14 months with no balance transfer fee
- 0% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 20.69% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($69 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
The Myer Credit Card is not currently available for new applications. But we have kept the details in this review available for anyone who is interested. This is the only credit card that earns MYER one Credits, with every 2,000 credits earned giving you a $20 MYER one Reward. This means each MYER one Credit has a value of 1 cent, which is very competitive with the gift card or cashback rewards offered through other loyalty programs. But, as this card is not available for new applications right now, you may want to compare other rewards credit cards instead.
Up to 3 Myer one Credits, uncapped.
0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 14 months with no balance transfer fee
No annual fee for the first year
The balance transfer reverts to relatively high purchase rate after the introductory period.
|Product Name||Myer Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 14 months, then 20.69%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||20.69%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||20.69%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Myer One|
|Rewards points per $ spent||3|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($69 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $50, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$35|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $5, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $5, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
The Myer Credit Card is not currently accepting new applications. But here are the details that were previously required to apply.
- Income. This card has a minimum income requirement of $30,000 per year, which must be taxable in Australia.
- Residency. Only Australian residents are eligible and you must have an Australian postal address.
- Credit history. You need to have a good credit score and history.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your name, address, phone number, date of birth and Australian driver's license number.
- Employment. You need to provide details of your current occupation, length of employment and salary. You also need to provide your employer's name and contact details. Supporting documentation may also include recent payslips, bank statements and Australian Taxation Office tax assessment notices.
- Finances. As well as your income, you need to provide details of your monthly expenses, assets (such as savings, super and property) and liabilities (including other credit cards, loans and mortgages).
- MYER one number. You need to include your MYER one membership number or join when you apply for this card.
- MYER one Credits. The Myer Credit Card earns up to 3 MYER one Credits per $1 on eligible spending at Myer and Myer affiliates and 1 Credit per $1 spent everywhere else. Every 2,000 Shopping Credits you accumulate per Program Quarter will be automatically converted to a $20 MYER one Reward, which you'll receive digitally or in the mail.
- Interest-free offer at Myer. You can save with 6 months interest-free on purchases from Myer when you spend $250 or more in a single transaction. The standard purchase rate will apply after that.
- No annual fee for the first year. This card offers an introductory $0 annual fee in the first year. After that, a $69 annual fee applies for the primary cardholder. Additional cardholders also get a $0 annual fee in the first year, then a $9 annual fee after that.
- Balance transfer offer. You could repay an existing debt with 0% p.a. interest rate for 14 months with no balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, the 20.69% p.a. purchase interest rate applies to any remaining balance transfer debt.
- Platinum card availability. If your approved credit limit is $6,000 or less, you will receive the Myer Credit Card. If your approved credit limit is $6,000 or more, you will automatically receive the Myer Platinum Credit Card.
- Security. You won't be held responsible for unauthorised charges or fraudulent transactions thanks to Visa's zero liability policy.
- Mobile wallets. You can use your smartphone to tap and pay when you link your account to Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a $69 annual fee and a $9 additional cardholder annual fee.
- Purchase rate. The 20.69% p.a. interest rate for purchases on this card is similar to other rewards cards on the market.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the total amount listed on your credit card statement by the due date, you'll get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. But you won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of the Myer Credit Card is $1,000.