The MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. As well as being one of the only completely digital credit cards on the market, it gives you a way to send money directly to bank accounts, which is unusual for a credit card. But this is considered a cash advance transaction, which attracts a 1.5% fee and isn't eligible for interest-free days.
MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 23.74% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
Line of credit up to $20,000
Annual fee from $0 to $149 depending on your credit limit and history
Ability to transfer money to your bank account
Access to MoneyMe Perks
Charges a 2.99% foreign transaction fee
Charges a $5 monthly fee if your balance is over $20 on top of any annual fee
No physical card available
|Product Name||MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||23.74%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||23.74%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.99%|
|Cash advance fee||1.5%|
How to applyIf you meet the eligibility requirements and have the key documents and details on hand, you can apply for the MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Card online in a few minutes.
- Income. You must be employed with an income of over $36,000 per year. If you receive government or Centrelink benefits, you won't be eligible to apply for this card – here are some other options you could consider.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a current long-term visa (12 months or more).
- Credit history. You must have no history of payment default, bankruptcy, judgements or serious overdue accounts, and a credit score above 600 with Equifax. You also can't have had a previous application declined in the past 365 days.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bank statement. During the application, you'll need to upload a bank statement.
- Personal details. You'll need to provide personal details such as your full name and address.
- Identification. You'll need to provide proof of identity such as your driver's licence or birth certificate.
- Proof of income. You'll be asked to provide proof of income and employment (such as recent pay slips).
- Virtual card only. Since there is no physical plastic card for this account, you'll need to have a device compatible with Google Pay or Apple Pay to make purchases. As soon as you're approved, you can add the card to your digital wallet and shop or transfer money straight away.
- MONEYME Perks. This feature gives you a way to get credit back when you shop with over 1,400 partner stores, including Apple, THE ICONIC, David Jones, Myer, Cotton On, eBay and more. Just log into the MoneyMe app to view current deals, pay with your Freestyle credit card and the money will be credited back to your account.
- Send money to your bank account. Transfer money to your bank account in just a few taps using your MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Card. Note that transferring money from your credit card will count as a cash advance transaction, which attract interest charges at the 23.74% p.a. rate straight away.
- MoneyMe app. This app gives you a way to view your balance, manage repayments, transfer money from your credit limit to a bank account and more. You can also use its Tap n Pay feature for in-store purchases and your card details for online purchases.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee between $0 and $149 depending on your credit limit.
- Credit limit from $1,000 up to $20,000. There are 3 available credit limit ranges to choose from and you can request the limit best suited to you when you apply. The default option during the application is the maximum $20,000 and you have the ability to request either of the lower ranges. Note that the actual credit limit you get is subject to lending criteria and approval. The card's annual fee also depends on your approved credit limit.
- Credit limit $1,000 - $3,000: Annual fee $0
- Credit limit $3,001 - $5,000: Annual fee $49
- Credit limit $5,001 - $20,000: Annual fee $149
- Purchase interest rate. The interest rate for purchases ranges from 18.74% p.a. to 23.74% p.a. and is determined by your credit score with Equifax.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Monthly fee. As well as the annual fee, there is a monthly fee of $5. This will be waived if your balance is less than $20.
- Cash withdrawals and transfers. If you use your card to withdraw cash from an ATM or transfer funds to another account, you'll be charged an interest rate of 23.74% p.a. A 1.5% fee also applies.
- Currency conversion rate. When you use your card to make a transaction in a foreign currency overseas or online, you'll be subject to the prevailing Mastercard exchange rate at the time plus 2.99% of the transaction value.
- Minimum limit. The minimum credit limit available on the Freestyle Virtual Mastercard is $1,000.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
May 18, 2023
Hi there, I would like to apply for your credit card with a $20,000.00 limit. What information do I require for the application? My credit score is approx 780.
Sarah Megginson Finder
May 19, 2023
See the “how to apply” section for a list of the documents you’ll need to apply for this card.
Best of luck!
March 02, 2023
Hi, I have been in Australia for just 2 months but I already have a stable full-time job earning about $1400 a week. I have a bank account with WestPac but they wouldn’t give me a credit card based on my Visa (500). Is there a chance I can get a credit card from another provider maybe? Thanks
Show more Show less
Amy Bradney-George Finder
March 15, 2023
You can see details of banks that offer credit cards to temporary residents in Finder’s guide. It also include eligibility requirements and visa requirements for major Australian banks. Keep in mind that approval is subject to the bank’s lending criteria and assessment, so you may want to contact the bank first before you submit your application to discuss your situation. I hope that helps.
Show more Show less