Community First Low Rate Pink credit card
Cut on costs with low interest rates and a 0% for 6 months balance transfer offer while supporting the McGrath Foundation.
This low-cost Community First credit card gives you a way to show support for breast cancer, as half of the $40 annual fee is donated to the McGrath Foundation every year.
It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the total outstanding balance by the due date on each statement.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Community First Low Rate Pink credit card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (8.99%)|
|Purchase rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low annual fee of $40 of which half is donated to the McGrath Foundation
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- Same low interest rate of 8.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- Request an additional card at no extra cost
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||5%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
As well as supporting the McGrath Foundation, this card’s 8.99% variable interest rate is very competitive with other low rate options. Unlike most credit cards, this interest rate also applies to balance transfers and cash advances, which can make it easier to keep track of interest charges if you have balances from a few different types of transactions.
How to apply
You can apply for the Community First Low Rate Pink credit card online by filling out a secure application form on the Community First website. Get started by making sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to provide when you apply.
- Income requirement. You must earn a regular income to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history.You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have a history of outstanding credit defaults.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, contact number and date of birth. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's license or passport.
- Employment details. This covers your employment status, occupation, salary and employer's contact details. You may also be asked for supporting documentation, such as recent payslips or bank statements.
- Financial details. You can share details of any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions. You will also need to provide details of your assets and savings, as well as existing loans, debts and regular household expenses.
- McGrath Foundation support. Each year you have this card, $20 of the annual fee is automatically donated to the McGrath Foundation to help support breast care nurses that look after people experiencing breast cancer. This unique credit card partnership is highlighted through the card's bright pink design, which includes the McGrath Foundation logo.
- Balance transfer offer. Transfer an existing debt to this card and save with 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months. If you don't pay it off in full by the end of the introductory period, any remaining debt will attract the 8.99% p.a. interest rate.
- 8.99% p.a. interest rate. While most low rate credit cards charge different interest rates for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, the Community First Low Rate Pink credit card applies the same rate to all of these transactions. This can make it easier to keep track of interest charges and your balance.
- Internet and mobile banking. Check your balance and manage your account easily via Internet banking or with the Community First mobile banking app. This card is also compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay for contactless payments through your smart device.
- Visa benefits. Make tap-and-go payments at the checkout with Visa payWave, get extra security online through Verified by Visa and enjoy peace of mind with Visa Zero Liability for fraudulent transactions. Plus, get access to exclusive hotel perks, travel and shopping offers or Visa Entertainment deals.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The $40 annual fee on this card is competitive with other low rate credit cards – plus half is donated to charity.
- Interest-free days on purchases. If you pay off your total outstanding balance by the due date on each statement, you'll get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases in the next statement period. Note that interest-free days don't apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies when you use this card overseas or online with a business that processes the payment overseas.
- Overseas cash advance fee. If you use this card to withdraw cash overseas, you'll pay a fee of 5% per withdrawal. Interest charges will also apply from the date of the transaction.