The ING Orange One Rewards Platinum Credit Card gives you a way to earn up to $360 cashback per year on your everyday, eligible spending. That's enough to justify the annual fee, although the maximum you can earn each month is capped at $30 per month. It also gives you access to complimentary international travel insurance and instalment plans with lower interest rate offers.
ING Orange One Rewards Platinum
- Purchase rate
- 16.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $149 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 45 days
Up to $30 cashback per month
Relatively low variable interest rate of 16.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
Offers instalment plans with a 9.99% p.a. interest rate
Offers 45 days interest-free on purchases, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
Must hold an Orange Everyday account or request to open one to receive this card
Several criteria to receive the ATM fee rebate and foreign transaction fee waivers
|Product Name||ING Orange One Rewards Platinum|
|Purchase rate p.a.||16.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||16.99%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||5% of the closing balance or $100, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$10|
How to applyYou can apply for the ING Orange One Rewards Platinum credit card online in minutes. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application:
- Income. You must have a minimum income of at least $36,000 to apply.
- Existing ING account. You can only apply if you hold an active Orange Everyday account or apply to open one along with your Orange One Rewards Platinum Credit Card. The Orange Everyday account does not cost anything to open and does not charge a monthly or yearly account fee.
- Residential status. You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen with an Australian residential address.
- Credit history. You should have a good credit score and meet ING’s credit lending guidelines.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and residential address.
- Proof of identity. You need to provide proof of identity such as your drivers licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Income details. You must confirm your income by including supporting documentation, which could include PAYG payslips, proof of income from superannuation, bank statements or tax statements.
- Cashback. This card offers earn 1% cashback on all eligible spend up to $30 each month. This means you can get cashback for $3,000 of spending each month, and your total yearly cashback potential is $360. Eligible spending includes card purchases made in-store or online but transactions that won't earn cashback include BPAY payments, refunds and cash advance transactions.
- Foreign currency conversion fee rebate. You can avoid the 3% international transaction fee on this card by depositing $1,000 into your Orange Everyday account or another personal ING account (excluding Orange One and Living Super). You also need to make at least 5 settled card purchases from your ING credit or debit card to receive a 100% international transaction fee rebate.
- Complimentary travel insurance. If you're approved for a credit limit of $6,000 or more, you'll get access to complimentary international travel insurance through your ING Orange One Rewards Platinum Card. This insurance issued by Allianz Global Assistance and covers the primary cardholder, their spouse and any dependents travelling with them for up to 40 consecutive days of travel. As with any travel insurance, make sure you read the policy document for full details of eligibility, cover and claims.
- Instalment plans. If you have a big ticket purchase coming up and you want to reduce your costs, you can use an instalment plan to pay it off at a lower interest rate of 9.99% p.a. over a set period of time.
- Mobile payments. You can add this card to Apple Pay or Google Pay to make payments straight from your mobile devices.
- Australian ATM fee rebate. If you use your credit card to withdraw cash at an Australian ATM, you can get a rebate on the ATM fee when you meet these conditions: You must deposit at least $1,000 from an external bank account to any personal ING account in your name (excluding Living Super and Orange One) and make at least 5 eligible purchases using your ING debit or credit card in the previous month. The cash advance fee and interest rate will still be applied to these transactions.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $149 annual fee.
- Interest rates. When you use this card for purchases or cash advances, you’ll be charged interest at the 16.99% p.a. variable interest rate.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period, you can get up to 45 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the 16.99% p.a. cash advance interest rate, you’ll also be charged a fee of 3% of transaction amount or $3 (whichever is greater) if you use the card for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals.
- Additional cardholder. If you request a supplementary cardholder, you'll be charged $10 per year per additional card.