ING Orange One Rewards Platinum
Save with rebated international transaction fees and score up to $360 cashback every month with the ING Orange One Rewards Platinum credit card.
The ING Orange One Rewards Platinum credit card is designed to benefit cardholders who travel and spend in foreign currencies and also want to take advantage of competitive interest rates.
Cardholders can save with cashback offers, locked-in instalment plan rates, complimentary insurance covers and up to 45 interest-free days on purchases.
Interest free period
|Product Name||ING Orange One Rewards Platinum|
|Purchase rate||16.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||45 days|
|Cash advance rate||16.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Up to $360 cashback per month
- Relatively low variable interest rate of 16.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- Offers instalment plans with a 9.99% p.a. interest rate
- Offers 45 days interest-free on purchases, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
- Must hold an Orange Everyday account or request to open one to receive this card
- Several criteria to receive the ATM fee rebate and foreign transaction fee waivers
|Minimum monthly repayment||5% of the closing balance or $100, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$10|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The foreign currency conversion and ATM fee rebate are also unique features. You just have to keep in mind that you need to have an Orange Everyday account, or open one upon application to apply for this card and use these perks.
How to applyYou can apply for the ING Orange One Rewards Platinum credit card online in minutes. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application:
- Income. You must have a minimum income of at least $36,000 to apply.
- Existing accounts. You can only apply if you hold an active Orange Everyday account or request to open one along with your Orange One Rewards Platinum credit card. The Orange Everyday account does not cost anything to open and does not charge a monthly / yearly maintenance fee.
- Residential status. Cardholders must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen with an Australian residential address.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and meet ING’s credit lending guidelines to receive approval.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details and residential address.
- Proof of identity. You will need to provide proof of identity such as your drivers licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Payslips. You must confirm your income and provide PAYG payslips. This card is not currently available for those who are self-employed.
- Cashback. You'll earn 1% cashback on all eligible spend up to $360 each month. This means you'll maximise your cashback earning when you spend $3,000 per month and your total yearly cashback potential is $360.
- Foreign currency conversion fee rebate. You can avoid the 2.5% international transaction fee when you spend in a foreign currency online or overseas with this card. You just need to deposit $1,000 into any personal ING account (excluding Orange One and Living Super), like your Orange Everyday account and make at least five eligible transactions in the previous calendar month to receive a 100% international transaction fee rebate.
- Complimentary travel insurance. When you use your card to spend at least $500 on overseas travel tickets and accommodation, you can save and travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary international travel insurance issued by Allianz Global Assistance. The insurance covers the primary cardholder, their spouse and any dependents travelling with them for up to 40 consecutive days of travel. Eligibility criteria, exclusions and conditions apply.
- Instalment plans. If you have a big ticket purchase coming up and you want to reduce your costs, you can use an instalment plan to pay it off at a lower interest rate of 9.99% p.a. over time.
- Mobile payment. You can tap and pay with your eligible smartphone or watch if you link your card to Apple Pay.
- ATM fee rebate. If you use your credit card to withdraw cash, the $2.50 ATM fee will be rebated both in Australia and overseas when you meet the conditions. You must deposit at least $1,000 from an external bank account, such as your salary, to any personal ING account under your name (excluding Living Super and Orange One) and make at least 5 eligible purchases using your ING debit or credit card in the previous month. The cash advance fee and interest rate will still be applied to these transactions.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $149 annual fee.
- Interest rates. When you use this card for purchases or cash advances, you’ll be charged interest at the 16.99% p.a. variable interest rate.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period, you can get up to 45 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the 16.99% p.a. cash advance interest rate, you’ll also be charged a fee of 3% of transaction amount or $3 (whichever is greater) if you use the card for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals.
- Additional cardholder. If you request a supplementary cardholder, you'll be charged $10 per year per additional card.