Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate Credit Card
Save with a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for 12 months and pay no annual fee ever with the Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate credit card.
When you apply and get approved for the Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate card, you will get 0% p.a. for the first 12 months on balance transfers that you request as part of your application. You can also save on credit card costs with a $0 annual fee for life.
This Visa credit card also offers the same interest rate for purchases and cash advances. You can also make mobile payments by adding the Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate card to your Google Pay or Samsung Pay account.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
|Product Name||Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (10.8% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||10.8% p.a.|
|Cash advance rate||10.8% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers
- $0 annual fee
- Low interest rate of 10.8% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- Access to Visa Offers and Perks
- No interest-free days on purchases
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$7.50|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate credit card online by filling in a secure application form. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the details you'll be asked for when you apply.
- Balance transfer debt. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer promotion, Heritage allows you to transfer from $200 up to 95% of your approved credit limit from up to 4 non-Heritage issued credit cards.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address, marital status and number of dependents. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Employment details. As well as your income, this covers your job title, length of employment and employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements as supporting documentation.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, such as government payments, as well as assets including savings and shares. You also need to provide details of existing loans, cards and debts, along with estimates of your monthly living expenses.
- Balance transfer details. The balance transfer offer on this card is only available if you include your request with the application. This means you need to provide details of the amount of debt you want to transfer, as well as the account name, number and the provider's BSB.
- No annual fee. The Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate credit card has a $0 annual fee for life, which is very competitive when compared to other low rate cards.
- 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers. Apply for the Heritage Bank Gold Low Rate and request a balance transfer at the time of your application to take advantage of this offer. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer debt will be charged interest at the variable cash advance rate, currently 10.8% p.a.
- Same interest rate for all transactions. The low 10.8% interest rate on this card applies to both purchases and cash advance transactions, which could make it easier for you to calculate interest and budget for repayments.
- Visa benefits. Get access to exclusive travel, shopping, dining and entertainment promotions through Visa Offers + Perks. When you shop online, you can also get an added layer of security through the Verified by Visa service.
- Mobile payments. Heritage Bank credit cards are compatible with Google Pay and Samsung Pay, as well as Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay. This means you can make on-the-go payments from your mobile phone or other eligible device.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. The 10.8% interest rate on this card is competitive with those offered on other low rate cards.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash, a fee worth 2% of the withdrawal amount (minimum fee of $2.50) applies.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee of 3% applies to transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.