Join GMHBA health insurance and take advantage of these coupons and offers for new members.
When choosing a health fund, it’s essential to find an insurer that provides value for money. This means that you not only consider the policies and fund offers, but also the additional benefits and special deals it offers to new members.
Geelong Medical and Hospital Benefits Association, better known as GMHBA, is a not-for-profit health fund that provides health insurance cover to more than 280,000 people. If you’re thinking of joining GMHBA, check out its latest offers and deals for new members below.
Current GMHBA deals on offer
What are the advantages of becoming a member?
These limited-time offers aren’t the only reason why you should consider taking out health insurance cover with GMHBA. The insurer also offers a number of other benefits and advantages to its members, including:
- Eye care discounts and special offers. Members can access a range of discounts and special offers on eye care products and services from GMHBA Eye Care. These include 20% off all products and non-Medicare rebatable services, and there are four GMHBA Eye Care practices across Geelong.
- FIT Rewards loyalty program. If you hold a FIT package, you can access FIT Rewards. This program allows you to earn points by being fit and active, and then redeem those points for retail offers, sports tickets and special experiences involving some of Australia’s leading fitness organisations.
- A not-for-profit orientation. As a not-for-profit fund and a member of the Members Own Health Funds alliance, GMHBA is run to benefit its members and not in the best interests of shareholders or overseas owners.
- Backed by experience. Founded in Geelong in 1834, GMHBA has been looking after the health insurance needs of its members for more than 80 years.
- Health programs. GMHBA offers an extensive range of programs and services to help members manage and improve their health. These include Post Hospital Support, Hospital in the Home, Rehabilitation in the Home and the Care Coordination Service.
- Chronic disease management. GMHBA also offers chronic disease management programs to assist those who have a chronic disease with care and support to achieve optimal health. Programs include Bone Health, Healthy Heart, Diabetes Action Program and the New Family Program.
What policies are on offer?
GMHBA offers standalone hospital and extras cover options, as well as a range of combined policy options to suit the cover needs of different life stages.
- Hospital cover. You can choose from the following four cover options: Bronze Hospital, Bronze Hospital Plus, Silver Hospital and Gold Hospital. FIT Entry
- Extras cover. There are several extras cover options to choose from: Bronze Extras Set Benefits, Bronze Extras 55%, Silver Extras Set Benefits, Silver Extras 65%, Gold Extras Set Benefits and Gold Extras 75%.
- Combined hospital and extras cover. You can choose from the following packages: , FIT Standard, FIT Top, FIT Ultra, Starter Family Package, Everyday Family Package and the Premium Family Package.
Check out our full review of GMHBA health insurance for more details of what these policies cover and how you can become a GMHBA member.
What is the claims process for GMHBA?
There are several ways you can lodge a claim for extras services with GMHBA:
- Electronically. You can use your membership card to claim electronically on the spot when you visit a healthcare provider.
- Online. You can log into the Online Member Service area and submit an online claim.
- By post. You also have the option of completing a claim form and posting it to GMHBA along with your itemised receipt and/or account.