Latitude Gem Visa credit card
Get access to long-term 0% payment plans at stores across Australia, plus 0% interest for 6 months on purchases over $250.
The Latitude Gem Visa gives you access to interest-free payment plans at a range of participating stores, with 0% interest periods typically ranging from 3 to 24 months, depending on the offer.
It also offers 0% interest for 6 months automatically when you make any purchase over $250 and up to 55 days interest-free on your other everyday purchases.
for the first 6 months (reverts to 24.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Latitude Gem Visa|
|Purchase rate||0% for 6 months, reverts to 24.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||24.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- An introductory rate of 0% for 6 months on purchases over $250.
- For purchases under $250, you have up to 55 days interest-free to pay back the amount owing provided you have been paying your card off in full by the statement due date.
- If you choose to shop within the thousands of Gem partner stores, you may be eligible for an extended interest-free period of up to one or two years.
- The 24.99% p.a. purchase rate is high.
- You can't earn rewards on the purchases you make with this card.
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3%|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
This can be a useful option if you need to pay for big expenses – like a new washing machine or holiday – but don’t have enough savings to pay for it in one go. But keep in mind that an interest rate of 24.99% p.a. applies if you don’t pay off the entire purchase by the end of the promotional period.
How to applyYou can apply for the Latitude Gem Visa online or in-store at participating retailers when you're taking out a 0% p.a. interest payment plan. With either option, it's a good idea to check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application.
- Residency. Australian citizens, permanent residents and temporary residents are eligible to apply. Temporary residents need to hold a visa that is valid for at least the next 12 months.
- Credit history. You should only apply for this card if you have clean credit file without any black marks (such as defaults or previous bankruptcy listings). You can check your credit score for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, contact number, residential address and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your employment status, salary, job title and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips to verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers your other financial details, including any other forms of income, assets and savings, along with existing debts, loans, cards or other liabilities. You also need to give an estimate of your share of regular household expenses, such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Interest-free payment plans. These plans vary by store and purchase, with three main options:
- Interest Free Plans. With this option, you need to make minimum monthly repayments and can get a 0% p.a. interest period starting from 6 months.
- Instalment Interest Free. This payment plan gives you a way to pay off purchases interest-free by making equal monthly repayments over a set period of time. These plans are only available at selected retailers during special promotional periods.
- Buy Now, Pay Later. With this plan, you can get the items that you want without any upfront payment or scheduled repayments. Instead, you can make payments at any time and won't be charged interest if you pay it off before the plan's end-date.
- 0% on purchases for 6 months. Any purchases you make that are worth $250 or more will automatically be eligible for a 0% interest rate for 6 months from the date of the purchase. Note that minimum repayments still apply.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on your other purchases, as long as you pay the full closing balance by the due date on each statement. This excludes the balance for any active 0% p.a. payment plans.
- Mobile payments. You can use this card to make payments straight from a mobile device with Apple Pay, FitBit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
- Optional shopper's protection insurance. This insurance package gives you price protection and merchandise protection for your purchases. It also offers a stolen card benefit of $200 if your card is reported to the police as stolen, as well as balance benefits and life benefits to help cover costs associated with your account if you can't make repayments due to unexpected job loss, disability or death. A monthly fee worth 1% of your balance (up to a maximum of $50) applies for this insurance.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99, which is charged on the date of your first purchase and then once every year on that anniversary.
- Interest rate. Outside of any promotions, this card has an interest rate of 24.99% p.a., which is at the high end of the scale for credit cards in Australia.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies for transactions made overseas or online with a merchant that's based overseas.
- Payment handling fee. A fee of $0.95 (online) and $2.50 (in-person) applies when you make payments towards the balance on this card. This includes BPAY payments. You can avoid this fee by paying via direct debit, mail or through the Online Service Centre.