The Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa network and can be added to digital wallets including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the total closing balance listed on each statement by the due date. And if you have a Credit Union SA Home Loan Package, this card's annual fee will be waived.
Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate for 6 months with no balance transfer fee
- 0% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 11.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $59 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months
Same low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
$0 annual fee when linked to a Home Loan Package
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
No rewards program
|Product Name||Credit Union SA Visa Credit card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 6 months, then 11.99%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
How to apply
You can apply for the Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Or, call the bank on (08) 8202 7777. Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the details and documents you need for the application.
- Income. You must receive a regular income.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You can apply if you're at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact details. You also need to submit a valid form of ID, such as your Australian passport or driver's licence.
- Employment. This covers your primary income, occupation, employer's contact details and recent payslips or other supporting documentation to confirm these details.
- Finances. This includes any secondary sources of income, savings and other assets, as well as existing cards, loans or debts. You also need to include details of your regular expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Balance transfer offer. You can transfer an existing debt to this card and save with a 0% balance transfer interest rate for 6 months. Unlike some balance transfer offers, this one does not charge a balance transfer fee and is available at any time from when you open the account. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer amount will attract the 11.99% p.a. variable interest rate.
- Digital wallets. The Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card can be added to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay so you can make payments straight from your mobile phone or device.
- Security. This card offers 24/7 fraud monitoring and cover for fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability Policy. Visa Secure also adds a layer of security when you shop online, with an extra verification step for each payment.
- Visa benefits. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Visa is accepted, including your Visa payWave contactless transactions. You'll also access exclusive entertainment and travel benefits through Visa Offers and Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The $59 annual fee on this card is similar to other basic low rate cards. The annual fee is also waived if you have a Credit Union SA Home Loan Package.
- Interest rate. This card has the same 11.99% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and cash advances. This is competitive with other low rate cards that typically have rates around 8% to 15%.
- Interest-free period for purchases. You'll get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your statement's total closing balance by the due date. But this means you won't be eligible for interest-free days when you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Foreign transaction fee. A 3% foreign transaction fee applies when you use this card overseas or online in a foreign currency.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked