Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card
Pay no interest on balance transfers for 6 months and save with a low annual fee.
The Credit Union SA Visa credit card offers cost-saving features with an interest-free balance transfer offer, competitive purchase rate and low annual fee. When you pay your balance in full each statement period, you’ll also access up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Credit Union SA Visa Credit card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (10.49%)|
|Purchase rate||10.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||10.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0% on balance transfers for 6 months
- Same low interest rate of 10.49% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- $0 annual fee when linked to a Home Loan Package
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
- No rewards program
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the Credit Union SA Visa credit card online. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Income. You must be receiving a regular income.
- Age. You can apply if you're at least 18 years old.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Personal information. You must provide your complete name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, marital status and number of dependants.
- Employment. This includes your employer's name and contact details, your occupation and your income.
- Finances. Confirm your income, expenses and list your assets and liabilities.
- Balance transfer offer. Transfer an existing debt to this card and save with 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months. If you don't pay it off in full by the end of the introductory period, any remaining debt will attract the 10.49% p.a. interest rate.
- Additional cardholders. You can get Credit Union SA to issue an additional card to any individual you nominate, as long as the individual is over 18 years of age.
- Security. Your card is protected by microchip technology and a 24/7 fraud monitoring service. You can shop online safely with Verified by Visa and you'll be protected by Visa's Zero Liability Policy if your card is used for fraudulent transactions.
- Visa benefits. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Visa is accepted, including your Visa payWave contactless transactions. You'll also access exclusive entertainment and travel benefits through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Mobile wallets. You can conveniently tap and pay with your eligible smartphone and wearable devices when you link your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. You can also use your fitness tracker to make contactless payments with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $39 annual fee.
- Interest rate. Purchases and cash advances attract a 10.49% p.a. interest rate.
- Interest-free period. You can access up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date. You won't be eligible for interest-free days if you're paying off a balance transfer debt.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card to make a foreign transaction while shopping online or overseas, you'll be charged a 3% currency conversion fee.