Community First Low Rate Credit Card
Get a low 8.99% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
The Community First Low Rate credit card offers a competitive interest rate for all transactions and a $40 annual fee, as well as up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||Community First Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Interest-free period of up to 55 days
- Low annual fee of $40
- Same rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- There is no rewards program linked to this credit card
- Charges a 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to applyYou can apply for the Community First Low Rate credit card online by filling out a secure application form on the Community First website. Get started by making sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to provide when you apply.
- Income requirement. You must earn a regular income and have been in your current job longer than 6 months to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have a history of outstanding credit defaults.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, contact number and date of birth. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's license or passport.
- Employment details. You need to provide information about your employment status, including your occupation, salary, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for supporting documentation, such as recent payslips or bank statements.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions. You will also need to provide details of your assets and savings, as well as existing loans, debts and your share of regular household expenses.
- 8.99% p.a. interest rate. While most low rate credit cards charge different interest rates for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, the Community First Low Rate credit card applies the same rate to all of these transactions. This can make it easier to keep track of interest charges and your balance.
- Additional cardholder. This account offers a $0 additional cardholder fee if you want to share the account with someone. Note that you will still be responsible for managing the account.
- Internet and mobile banking. Check your balance and manage your account easily via Internet banking or with the Community First mobile banking app. This card is also compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay for contactless payments through your smart device.
- Visa benefits. Make tap-and-go payments at the checkout with Visa payWave, get extra security online through Verified by Visa and enjoy peace of mind with Visa zero liability for fraudulent transactions. Plus, get access to exclusive hotel perks, travel and shopping offers or Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The $40 annual fee on this card is competitive with other low rate credit cards.
- Interest-free days on purchases. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay off your total outstanding balance by the due date on each statement. Note that interest-free days don't apply to cash advances or balance transfers.
- Credit limit. You can apply for a credit limit as low as $500 up to $15,000.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies when you use this card overseas or online with a business that processes the payment in a foreign currency.