Community First Low Rate Blue credit card
Get a low rate on your credit card transactions while supporting a charitable cause.
The Community First Low Rate Blue helps raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) by donating half of the $40 annual fee to the foundation. This card also charges a competitive 8.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||Community First Low Rate Blue credit card|
|Balance transfer rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low annual fee of $40 of which half is donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Same low interest rate of 8.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.
- Request an additional card at no extra cost.
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the Community First Low Rate Blue credit card online, and you should get a response within a few moments of submitting your completed application form. Alternatively, you can visit a Community First retail store or call 1300 13 22 77.
Before you apply, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the required documents and details on hand.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident if you want to apply for this card.
- Income. You must earn a regular income and have been in your current job for more than six months.
- Credit history. To apply for this card, you must have an acceptable credit score (also referred to as a "credit risk profile" by Community First). You also must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have a history of outstanding credit defaults.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact phone number. You also need to provide one of the following forms of ID: your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your occupation, employment status, industry, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips, account statements or your most recent Tax Assessment Notice to help verify these details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you need to include details of any income from other sources (such as government benefits or investments), as well as assets and savings. You also need to share details of existing loans, debts and credit card accounts, along with your share of household expenses.
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia support. For every year that you have this card, $20 of your $40 annual fee will be automatically donated to the PCFA. This means that you'll be supporting the foundation's work with people affected by prostate cancer, simply by paying your annual account fee. This partnership is also highlighted by the card's blue design, which also features the PCFA logo.
- 8.99% p.a. interest rate. This card's low interest rate applies to retail purchases, as well as any cash advances and balance transfers. In comparison, many other credit cards have a different, higher interest rate for cash advances.
- Interest-free days on purchases. You can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the card's balance in full by the due date on each statement. Learn more about how interest-free days work to decide if you can take advantage of this feature.
- Mobile payments. You can use this card to make payments from your mobile device by adding it to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay account.
- Visa benefits. Get access to entertainment, travel and shopping deals through Visa Offers + Perks. Plus, get peace of mind through Visa's Zero Liability Policy and Verified by Visa.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Community First Low Rate Blue has a $40 annual fee, of which half is donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia for each year that you hold the account.
- International transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with a business that processes payments overseas, you'll be charged a fee of 3% per transaction.
- Overseas cash advance fee. A fee of $5 per withdrawal applies if you use this card to withdraw cash overseas. Interest charges will also apply from the date of the transaction.
- Minimum repayment. The minimum repayment for each statement will be the greater of $20 or 3% of your outstanding balance. You must pay at least this amount by the due date listed on each statement to keep the account in good standing.