Commonwealth Bank Corporate charge card
Manage spending across your entire business and simplify accounting tasks.
The Commonwealth Bank Corporate charge card gives you a single account where you can track and manage spending across departments, with additional cards for employees.
As a charge card, you won’t pay interest on your spending. Instead, you can set up direct debit so that the full account balance is paid by the due date.
|Product Name||Commonwealth Bank Corporate Charge Card|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Customised control for different cardholders
- CommBiz access which lets you manage your business account and make payments online 24/7, order new cards or PINs and change card limits
- Comes with complimentary transit accident and unauthorised use insurance covers
- A $300 establishment fee applies
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Cash advance fee||$1.25|
|Overseas cash advance fee||1.25% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Number of additional cardholders||99,999|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Commonwealth Bank Corporate charge card by calling the business banking team on 13 19 98 at any time. Get started by reading through the following eligibility criteria for this product to make sure it is a suitable option for your business.
- Business requirements. You must intend to use this account primarily for business spending.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, contact details and a valid form of ID. These details need to be provided for all business owners and partners that are applying for the account. You also need to provide basic details for each additional cardholder.
- Business details. This includes your business name and address, as well as the ABN (Australian Business Number), ACN (Australian Company Number), ARBN (Australian Registered Body Number) or ARSN (Australian Registered Scheme Number).
- Financial details. This covers the financial details for your business, such as the annual turnover, profit and loss statements and contact details for your accountant. You may also be asked for some personal financial details, such as liabilities and assets, as part of the application.
- Easy account management. With this card, you can set up automatic payments so that the outstanding balance is debited from a nominated account each month.
- No interest charges. As a charge card, there is no interest rate for the account.
- Customisable card features. Set different daily spending limits and monthly credit limits for each cardholder so that your employees have access to the money they need for business expenses.
- CommBiz access. Make payments online 24/7, order new cards or PINs, change card limits, cancel or reissue a card and get access to a range of analytics and expenditure forecast tools with this online banking service.
- Individual card management. All cardholders can manage their PIN or view statements online with NetBank, which means both managers and individual employees can keep track of their charges.
- Complimentary insurance. The Commonwealth Bank Corporate Charge Card comes with complimentary transit accident insurance for up to $250,000 for cardholders and complimentary unauthorised use insurance up to $150,000 per year. (Terms and conditions apply.)
- Personalised card design. Put your corporate logo or artwork on the card for a more customised design (fee applies).
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges annual fees of $40 per cardholder for 1-49 cards, $32 each for 50-499 cards and $24 per card for more than 500 cardholders.
- Establishment fee. A $300 charge is applicable when you accept CommBank's offer for this card or if you request and are approved for a credit limit increase.
- Cash advance charges. The cost of cash advances start from $1.25 for a Commonwealth Bank ATM cash advance and go up to $4 or 1.25%, whichever is greater for overseas cash advances.
- International transaction fee. A 2.5% fee is applied for any purchases made overseas or in an international currency.
- Non-Commonwealth Bank ATM balance enquiry fee. Any balance enquiries made outside the Commonwealth Bank ATM network will attract a $1.25 fee.