The Citi Premier gives you up to 2 points per $1 spent, complimentary Priority Pass lounge membership and passes and a concierge service. This offer gives you $600 cashback when you apply by 30 April 2024 and make $2,000 worth of eligible purchases with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay in the first 90 days from approval. It has an annual fee of $300, which can be reduced to $150 in future years if you spend at least $48,000 for that year.
Citi Premier Card – Cashback Offer
- Purchase rate
- 21.49% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $300 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Citi Premier is a top-level credit card that offers flexible rewards points and has one of the biggest cashback offers currently on the market. The key to getting this $600 back is to meet the spend requirement with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
The Citi Premier is also packed with perks, including Priority Pass airport lounge access, complimentary insurance and a concierge. You can pay a reduced $150 annual fee in each subsequent year if you spend at least $48,000 on purchases or cash advances in a year, which works out to $4,000 a month. If you don't spend that much, a higher $300 annual fee applies – so check how much you usually spend when you're comparing this card to other options.
Annual fee of $150 in each subsequent year when you meet the spend requirement
2 airport lounge visits per year with complimentary Priority Pass membership
Complimentary travel insurance and purchase protection insurance
1 Citi Rewards Point per $1 spent
High standard annual fee of $300
High 21.49% p.a. interest rate for purchases
High 3.4% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Citi Premier Card - Cashback Offer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 6 months, then 22.24%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||22.24%|
|Min credit limit||$10,000|
|Max credit limit||$100,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Citi Rewards Program|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Rewards points cap||200|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||5%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to applyYou can apply for the Citi Premier Credit Card online in 10 minutes and should receive a response within 60 seconds. Before you get started, make sure to check the eligibility requirements and organise the necessary information to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The cashback offer is only available to new Citi customers.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history with no evidence of defaults or bankruptcy to receive approval. You can get a free copy of your comprehensive credit report and score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you plan to take advantage of the balance transfer offer. You can transfer up to 80% of your credit limit from cards and personal loans not issued under the Citi brand.
- Personal information. You'll need to provide your full name, age, address and contact details.
- Proof of identity. You'll need to confirm your identity with your Australian driver's licence, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate.
- Income. You'll be asked to include tax forms or current pay slips to confirm your current income.
- Employment. This will include the name of your employer, your role and your employer's contact details.
- Balance transfer information. If you want to transfer a balance to this card, you will need to provide the details of that account(s).
- $600 cashback offer. You'll get $600 back on your account when you apply by 30 April 2024 and spend $2,000 on eligible purchases through Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay in the first 90 days from approval. The cashback will be credited to your account within 16 weeks of meeting the spend requirement. Note that cashback will reduce your credit card balance but won't count towards your repayments.
- Rewards program. You'll earn 2 points per $1 on eligible purchases made online in Australia or overseas, 2 points per $1 for eligible international spending and 1 point per $1 on all other eligible spending in Australia. This means you'll earn points for most of your purchases, with an annual points cap of 200,000 points. But you won't earn points for transactions including cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY payments, transactions made when you're operating a business and government charges (including payments to the Australian Taxation Office).
- Citi PayAll. You can earn 1 point per $1 spent with no points cap when you use Citi PayAll to pay your bills, including rent, property management fees and taxes. This service lets you use your Citi credit card to transfer funds to an Australian bank account, with the option to set up single or regular payments through the Citi Mobile App or online.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership and 2 airport lounge visits per year. This card offers complimentary Priority Pass standard membership, with 2 airport lounge visits per year. Priority Pass gives you access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide. Within Australia, the Priority Pass is currently available at Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, Brisbane International Airports, Sydney Kingsford Smith, Gold Coast Coolangatta and Melbourne. Learn more about the terms and conditions.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Use your Citi Premier credit card to pay for eligible travel bookings and you can save on insurance costs with complimentary international travel insurance and domestic travel insurance. As with any insurance policy, make sure you read the terms and conditions (available via Citi) for full details so you can decide if it will give you enough cover for your travel plans.
- Luxury Escapes discount. Until 1 March 2024, you can get 10% off (up to $250) on Limited Time LUX Exclusive hotel offers when you pay with your Citi card through the Luxury Escapes website or app and use the promo code CITI10.
- Purchase insurances. Items bought with your Citi Premier credit card are also protected by a complimentary purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Complimentary mobile phone insurance. Use the Citi Premier Card to pay your monthly mobile plan and you'll get cover for accidental damage that affects the way your smartphone is supposed to work. You also get cover for theft when it's unavoidable. This complimentary insurance is underwritten by AIG Insurance and, as with any policy, it's a good idea to check the policy document for full details of what's covered and how to make a claim.
- Mastercard benefits. With Mastercard Priceless Cities, you'll get access to exclusive entertainment, dining, travel and other lifestyle experiences in more than 40 cities around the world.
- Mobile payment technology. With the Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay smartphone apps, you can now easily make payments by tapping your phone or smart device at the contactless terminal.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has a $300 annual fee ($150 in future years if you spend $48,000 on eligible purchases or cash advances within that year).
- Interest rates. The purchase rate on this card is 21.49% p.a. and the cash advance rate is 22.24% p.a. (variable).
- Balance transfer. This card offers 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for 6 months with no balance transfer fee. At the end of the introductory period, the interest rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate, currently at 22.24% p.a. Note that any purchases you make won't be eligible for interest-free days when you have a balance transfer debt.
- Interest-free days. The Citi Premier credit card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, when you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement. Please note that interest-free days do not apply while you are carrying a balance transfer debt.
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use your Citi Premier Card to make a foreign transaction, the standard 3.4% international transaction fee will apply.
- Additional cardholders. You can get up to 4 additional cardholders over the age of 16 for no extra cost. Note that you'll be responsible for managing the account and all charges that are added to it.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
June 25, 2023
Hi what is the minimum time required to apply for this card after already having the exact same one with them last year? Also is the time required to wait from the date you last received the cash back offer or officially closed the card down? Cheers
Amy Bradney-George Finder
June 28, 2023
Citi does not list a minimum time between previously having this card and being eligible for this offer but you can check your eligibility by contacting Citi on 13 24 84. In regards to your second question, credit card providers would typically consider the time between when you closed an account and when you applied for a new one, rather than when you received cashback or other introductory benefits. But it does depend on the provider so it’s good to check the terms and conditions or contact them directly. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
May 03, 2023
The tickets of which airline should I hold to enter the airport lounge? Is it limited to Qantas only?
Amy Bradney-George Finder
May 04, 2023
You can get lounge access with tickets from any airline but it will usually need to be an international flight that leaves on the day you want to visit the lounge. With this card, lounge access is offered through Priority Pass and it has its own network of lounges. Finder’s Priority Pass credit cards guide has more details if you’re interested. I hope that helps.
Show more Show less