Get third party property damage insurance with Bingle and be covered for up to $20 million in damages.
Bingle’s third party property damage insurance covers you against claims made for damage your car causes to other vehicles and property. This policy is not the same as compulsory third party insurance. This review will outline the features and exclusions of the policy.
Receive a quote for Bingle Third Party Cover
Key policy features include the following:
- Coverage for accidental damage to other people’s cars or property caused by your car (up to $20 million)
- Coverage for anyone you let drive your car (no additional excess if they are listed on your policy)
- Coverage for damage caused by property falling from your car
- Coverage for damage caused while using your car for work
Exclusions to be aware of
There are various exclusions and conditions that limit your coverage in certain situations. It is important to understand exactly what you are covered for. You will not be covered in the following situations:
- You hire out your car to someone else.
- The person driving your car isn’t licensed or is driving illegally.
- The property damaged by your car belongs to you (for example, if you crash into another car that you own).
- The person driving the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- The accident happens outside Australia.
It is important to note that Bingle’s third party property damage insurance will not cover any damage to your vehicle (you need comprehensive insurance for this coverage).
Who is eligible for Bingle’s third party property damage insurance?
Bingle charges additional excess payments for the following drivers:
- Drivers under 25 years of age
- Drivers not listed on your policy at the time of the accident
Other things to know
There are a few more things you should know about Bingle’s third party property damage insurance:
- Theft. If someone steals your car, you won’t be liable for any damage the thief causes.
- Cooling-off period. If you cancel your policy in the first 21 days, Bingle will provide a full refund.
- Payment. You can pay your premium in instalments or as an annual lump sum (the lump sum option is cheaper).