Bingle's Comprehensive Car Insurance policy provides low-cost coverage for the bare essentials, including car accidents, nasty hail storm damage, theft, and any damage you cause to someone else's property, plus more. Bingle doesn't have an adjustable excess on their policies and they only offer market value. Do they have the cover you need? Find out with our quickfire article.
Finder's 3 favourite features
- At the time of writing, Bingle have a review score of 4.6 stars out of 5 from real customers on their site.
- If your car can't be driven after an accident, you can choose the 'Keep Mobile' optional extra to get a hire car until your claim is settled.
- Lodge a claim online 24/7
Review by our car insurance expert Alexandra Koster
Key plan features include:
- Coverage for damage in an accident
- Coverage for natural damage (storms and floods)
- Coverage for theft or malicious damage
- Towing and storage costs while your claim is being processed
- Emergency repairs to get you moving
- Emergency accommodation and travel costs
- Liability coverage for damage to people's vehicles and properties caused by the use of your car
Bingle’s comprehensive car insurance policy includes some additional options:
- Windscreen and Window Glass Only cover. If your car’s window glass is damaged but nothing else is, Bingle will allow you to claim damages without charging any excess.
- Keep Mobile. While your car is under repair Bingle will extend insurance coverage to the vehicle you are using in the meantime (for example, your partner’s car) or provide you with a hire car.
There are additional excess payments if the person driving your car at the time of an accident:
- Is under 25 years of age
- Is a household member or regularly drives your car but is not listed on the policy
There are many exclusions and conditions where Bingle will refuse your claim. These include:
- Damage caused by general wear and tear and electrical or mechanical breakdown
- If your car’s windows or windscreen are damaged but nothing else is (you can select Windscreen and Window Glass Only cover for an additional cost)
- Using your car for monetary purposes
- Using your car for illegal purposes
- If the driver was under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
There are a few more things you should know about this policy:
- Cooling-off period. If you haven’t made a claim in the first 21 days you can cancel the policy with a full refund.
- Repayments. You can choose to pay in instalments or as a lump sum (please note that paying an annual lump sum will cost you less in the long run).
- Repairs. If your car needs repair work Bingle will always use its own repairers (these repairs come with a lifetime guarantee).
- Contributions to repairs. If Bingle agrees to pay for your repairs you may still need to pay for repairs to items not covered in the policy (such as pre-existing damage) if the repairs are necessary to get your car working again.
Receive a quote for Bingle Car Insurance