Earn Qantas Points for your everyday spending and enjoy complimentary insurance covers with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard.
The Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard earns 0.6 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. It also offers a range of platinum benefits, including complimentary international travel insurance, and charges an annual fee of $149. Use this review to compare the features, benefits and costs of the Qantas Platinum Mastercard and learn how you can apply.
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$149 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$149 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$10 or 3% per month whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
- Earn 0.6 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- This card comes with 180 days comprehensive travel insurance and extended warranty on purchases.
- This card does not offer any introductory rates on purchases or balance transfers.
- The standard purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. is relatively high.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.6|
Review of the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard
This platinum frequent flyer card offers perks for travellers and shoppers alike, with purchase protection insurance, extended warranty cover and a best price guarantee scheme sitting alongside the complimentary travel insurance and Qantas Points.You can also enjoy exclusive travel, shopping and lifestyle offers through Mastercard’s Priceless Cities program.
In addition to these perks, the Qantas Platinum Mastercard has an annual fee of $149, a standard purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. (variable) and up to 55 days interest free on purchases.
Features and benefits of the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard
Here are the perks you get with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard:
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. With this card you’ll earn 0.6 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to 20,000 points per month. This includes most everyday spending but does not cover transactions such as cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY payments, business expenses or government charges (including payments to the Australian Tax Office).
- Waived Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee. If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member you can save on the $89.90 joining fee when you sign up for this card. Just follow the Qantas Frequent Flyer sign-up link provided by Bendigo Bank and complete your enrolment.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This card offers up to 180 days of comprehensive overseas travel insurance when you use it to pay for your return overseas airfares. Your spouse or children will also be covered when they meet the eligibility requirements. Refer to the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Insurance document on the bank’s website for full details.
- Complimentary purchase insurance covers. This card offers up to 90 days purchase protection insurance against theft, loss or damage for eligible items you buy with this card. You can also enjoy extended warranty cover for up to 12 months on eligible purchases.
- Best price guarantee. This cover allows you to get a refund on the price difference when you purchase an eligible item then see it for less within 30 days. Terms and conditions apply for all insurance covers on this card, so please read the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Insurance document on the bank’s website for full details.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Gain access to exclusive discounts and special offers on a range of entertainment, dining, travel and other lifestyle experiences through the Mastercard Priceless Cities program. Just go to the priceless.com website, sign up and use this card to claim any of the offers available.
Rates and fees for the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard
Keep these costs in mind when you’re comparing the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard to other options:
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $149.
- Purchase rate. The Qantas Platinum Mastercard charges a standard variable rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest free on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to get cash out or for another cash advance transaction, a standard variable interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply from the time of the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. Any cash advance transactions made with this card will attract a fee worth the greater of $3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount.
- International transaction fee. A fee worth 3% will be charged for each transaction made in a currency other than Australian dollars.
Interest charges on Bendigo Bank credit cards
Any interest for purchases you make on the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard will be calculated from the statement date. This interest structure is different to most credit cards, which calculate interest from the date you make a purchase and then charge it monthly. As a result, you can save money on interest charges when you use a Bendigo Bank card and will also have access to up to 55 days interest free, even if you carry a balance.
How to apply for the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for Bendigo’s Qantas Platinum Mastercard online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, go through this eligibility checklist and make sure you have the required details and documents on hand to speed up the process.
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for this card.
- What is your Australian residency status? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia to apply for this card.
- Are you facing bankruptcy? You can only apply for this card if you’re not bankrupt or insolvent.
- Are you an individual or a company? Only individuals can apply for this card. If you want a card for your company, you may want to consider a Bendigo Bank business credit card instead.
Details and documents
Here’s the information you’ll need to provide to complete your application for the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth and relationship status. You’ll also need a valid form of ID such as your driver’s licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Employment and income information. Provide details of your employment status, role, employer’s details and salary. You’ll also be able to provide information on any other sources of income, such as government benefits or superannuation payments.
- Financial details. This includes details of your household expenses, such as bills, grocery spending and any loans or debts. You’ll also need to provide details of whether or not you have dependents.
The Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard offers both frequent flyer rewards and complimentary insurance. But with many other Qantas Frequent Flyer cards offering more points per $1 spent, it’s worth comparing the features of this card to others so you can find the card that works best for you.Back to top