bcu Rewards credit card
Get cashback as you spend and save with a low interest rate on purchases with the bcu Rewards credit card.
This credit card combines rewards with low rates, offering 0.66% cashback per $1 spent on eligible purchases and a standard variable purchase rate of 12.8% p.a. It also gives you access to Visa contactless payment technology and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statements.
Interest free period
|Product Name||bcu Rewards credit card|
|Purchase rate||12.8% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||14.8% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.65%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Get 0.66% cashback per $1 spent on eligible transactions.
- Enjoy a low standard variable interest rate of 12.8% p.a. on purchases.
- Receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- This card comes with 24-hour fraud monitoring.
- Charges a 3.65% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.65%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$1|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The bcu Rewards credit card features a relatively competitive cashback offer with the bonus of a low interest rate. The cap on the maximum cashback you can get is higher than some others on the market. It does a higher annual fee than some of the other cashback credit cards on the market though, so it’s worth comparing the costs with the rewards before you want to apply. Although the low purchase interest rate could help you save, you should aim to pay your balance in full each month and take advantage of the interest-free days on purchases.
How to apply
You can apply for the bcu Rewards credit card in-store at a bcu branch. Check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the information to complete the application before you get started.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents or citizens.
- Credit history. You must have a healthy credit history with no outstanding defaults, judgments or bankruptcies.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, street address, email address, phone number and a driver's licence number. You'll also need to confirm your marital status and details of any dependants.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your current job, salary, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You also need to provide recent employment history.
- Finances. You'll be asked to list any other forms of income or assets (such as savings or shares). You'll also need to confirm any liabilities such as existing loans and debts, as well as an estimate of your monthly personal expenses.
- Cashback rewards. Enjoy a cashback rate of 0.66% per $1 spent on eligible purchases (capped at $500 cashback per year). Eligible purchases include most personal, household and consumer purchases but exclude transactions such as cash advances, BPAY, fees and charges, balance transfers or transactions for business purposes.
- Purchase rate. The bcu Rewards card charges a low standard variable purchase rate of 12.8% p.a.
- Visa benefits. This Visa credit card offers contactless payments through Visa payWave and gives you access to exclusive entertainment, lifestyle and travel discounts and deals through Visa Offers & Perks.
- Security. Your account is protected by 24-hour fraud monitoring, so you'll be notified of any suspicious activity in your account as soon as possible.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free days. Save with up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases when you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $89.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to get cash out or for any other cash advance transaction, an interest rate of 14.8% p.a. will apply from the date of the transaction.
- Minimum repayments. You'll need to pay at least 3% of the outstanding balance or $10 by the due date on your statement.
- Currency conversion. A fee worth 3.65% of the total transaction cost applies when you use this card for payments in a currency other than Australian dollars.