Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
Save with a $0 annual fee, 0% foreign transaction fees and complimentary travel insurance with the Bankwest Zero Platinum.
You can cut costs when spending overseas with the Bankwest Zero Platinum. The card charges $0 annual fee, 0% foreign transaction fees and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Balance transfer rate
for 9 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance Transfer Rate||2.99% for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (17.99%)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available balance|
|Purchase Rate||17.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||55 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||Yes|
- 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers
- 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost
- 0% foreign transaction fees
- Even with a $0 annual fee and 17.99% p.a. purchase rate, you must still be approved for a $6,000 minimum credit limit.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of transaction value or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
Bankwest also offers a free worldwide emergency card replacement service, so you won’t be stranded without funds if your card is lost, stolen or damaged while you’re travelling.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard and complete the online application in around 15 minutes. You should receive a response from Bankwest immediately. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents to include:
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You're required to submit details of at least two forms of the following identification: driver's licence, Medicare card, or passport.
- Employment details. This includes details of your position, length of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. Details of your income, expenses, debts and assets.
- $0 annual fee. Unlike many platinum cards, the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard doesn't charge an annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees. While most cards charge a fee of 1-4% for international transactions, the Bankwest Zero Platinum charges 0%. This could help you save significantly if you regularly travel overseas or frequently shop online with international merchants.
- Complimentary international credit card travel insurance. Purchase your return travel tickets using the Bankwest Zero Platinum and you and your eligible family members can enjoy complimentary international credit card travel insurance. You're also required to use the card to pay for at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs. Cover is automatically provided for a period of up to 6 months, and starts from the date of departure on your return ticket. You're insured for overseas medical and dental expenses as well as a range of other events.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months. After that, any remaining balance will attract interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 17.99%. You can transfer up to 95% of your approved credit limit from non-Bankwest cards.
- Purchase insurance covers. This card offers you protection against faulty and damaged personal goods bought anywhere in the world with the card, with a maximum cap of $125,000 on claims. You also get extended warranty on purchases for up to 12 months.
- Mobile wallets and contactless payments. This card can be linked to Google Pay and Apple Pay, available on compatible Android and Apple devices. You can also purchase a Bankwest Halo payment ring and use it to tap and go at any contactless payment terminal. Available in black or white, the ring costs $39, is secure, waterproof and doesn't require an app or charging.
- Digital cards. Once you've been approved, you can access and activate your new credit card through the Bankwest app. This means you can use your card to shop online or make mobile contactless payments before you receive your physical card.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. This card has a standard purchase rate of 17.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by your closing balance date, including any cash advances and balances. This can help give you time to reap the benefits of the card before incurring interest.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals and gambling transactions, will immediately attract a 21.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the cash advance interest rate, a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) is charged when you make a cash advance transaction.
- Free worldwide emergency card replacement. If you've lost your card, you can request an emergency card replacement without a cost. This will especially come in handy if you're travelling with the card overseas.