Save with no annual fee, complimentary international credit card travel insurance and a special low introductory balance transfer rate with the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard.
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard offers cardholders a number of benefits. If you're looking to save on credit card costs, the $0 annual fee and balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months could be valuable features. If you're a frequent traveller, you'll also benefit from complimentary insurance covers and no foreign transaction fees. Compare the features and fees of the card to determine if it is right for you.
|Product Name||Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (17.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||17.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Awarded 'Credit Card Issuer of the Year' in Money Magazine's Awards for 2013
- Consolidate your debt with the 2.99% p.a. for 9 months offer on balance transfers.
- Benefit from 3 free additional cardholders.
- 0% foreign transaction fee make this card an attractive offer for making purchases when travelling overseas, or when purchasing online from overseas websites.
- No rewards program meaning you won't earn rewards points on your purchases.
Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard review
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard is designed for frequent travelling, affordable balance transfers and frequent shopping. This card offers complimentary international credit card travel insurance that covers you against baggage loss and delays, car hire emergencies and medical and hospital cover. It also waives foreign transaction fees for spending both overseas and online with international retailers.
In addition to these benefits, the Bankwest Zero Platinum has a $0 annual fee for life. It has a standard variable purchase rate of 17.99% p.a. and offers up to 55 days interest-free when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Benefits of the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
- No annual fee. Unlike most platinum cards, the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard doesn't charge an annual fee.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 2.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 9 months. After that, any remaining balance will attract interest at the standard variable balance transfer rate of 17.99% p.a. Keep in mind that you can only transfer balances from non-Bankwest cards.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by your closing balance date. This can help give you time to reap the benefits of the card before incurring interest.
- No foreign transaction fees. While most cards charge a fee of 1-4% for international transactions, the Bankwest Zero Platinum charges 0%. This could help you save significantly if you regularly travel overseas or frequently shop online with international merchants.
- Complimentary international credit card travel insurance. Purchase your return travel tickets using the Bankwest Zero Platinum and you and your eligible family members can enjoy complimentary international credit card travel insurance. Cover is automatically provided for a period of up to 6 months, and starts from the date of departure on your return ticket. You’re insured for overseas medical and dental expenses as well as a range of other events. Check the terms and conditions for further information about this complimentary benefit. A minimum spend of $500 on prepaid travel is required and other terms and conditions apply, so make sure you refer to the Complimentary Credit Card Insurance booklet available on the Bankwest website for more information.
- Purchase insurance covers. This card offers you protection against faulty and damaged personal goods bought anywhere in the world with the card, with a maximum cap of $125,000 on claims. You also get extended warranty on purchases for up to 12 months.
- Eligible for Android Pay. The Android Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
Features of the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
- Interest rate. This card has a purchase rate of 17.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals and gambling transactions, will immediately attract a 21.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the cash advance interest rate, a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) is charged when you make a cash advance transaction.
- Optional credit card protection. You have the option of taking out Credit Card Protection with St. Andrew’s that will cover you in case of an accident, illness or unemployment makes you unable to pay off your credit card. Cover is available up to $50,000 and your premium of 55c per $100 that you owe on your statement is deducted from your card each month.
- Free worldwide emergency card replacement. If you've lost your card, you can request an emergency card replacement without a cost. This will especially come in handy if you're travelling with the card overseas.
How to apply for the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
If you've decided that the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard could work for you, click "Go to Site" to complete your secure online application. This should take around 15 minutes, and you'll get a response from Bankwest straight away. Before you apply though, make sure you've met the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
Required documents and information
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You're required to submit details of at least two forms of the following identification: driver's licence, Medicare card, or passport.
- Employment details. This includes details of your position, length of employment and contact numbers.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income, expenses, debts and assets.
If you're looking for a credit card that offers savings on annual fees and balance transfers as well as complimentary extras, the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard might be an option for you to consider. Just make sure you compare it to a range of other no annual fee and platinum cards so that you can find the right option for you.Back to top