Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
The Bankwest Zero Platinum has no annual fee for life and offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 26 months, but with a 2% balance transfer fee.
Winner of the 2020 Finder Award for Best Credit Card for Travellers, the Bankwest Zero Platinum gives you a few ways to save on card costs – including 0% foreign transaction fees and no annual fee for life. Right now, it also offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 26 months with a one-off 2% balance transfer fee. To give you an idea of the potential cost, a $5,000 balance transfer would attract a $100 balance transfer fee with this offer.
Balance transfer rate
for 26 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 26 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (14.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||14.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 0% on balance transfers for 26 months
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance
- 0% foreign transaction fees online and overseas
- 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost
- Even with a $0 annual fee and 14.99% p.a. purchase rate, you must still be approved for a $6,000 minimum credit limit.
- Charges a one-time 2% balance transfer fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
It offers complimentary purchase insurance against faulty and damaged personal goods, extended warranty cover for up to 12 months and a price guarantee scheme. On your purchases, you'll receive up to 55 interest-free days, and if you do carry a balance, will be charged the 14.99% p.a. purchase interest rate, which is competitive for a platinum card.
Bankwest credit cards offer the convenience of both Apple Pay and Google Pay, as well as a free digital card to link up and use through the app before your physical card arrives.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard and complete the online application in around 15 minutes. You should receive a response from Bankwest immediately. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents to include:
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- New customers. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to be a new Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard customer.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you plan to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you can transfer from $500 up to 95% of your credit limit from cards not issued by Bankwest.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number.
- Identification. You're required to submit details of at least two forms of the following identification: driver's licence, Medicare card, or passport.
- Employment details. This includes details of your position, length of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial information. Details of your income, expenses, debts and assets.
- $0 annual fee. Unlike many platinum cards, the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard doesn't charge an annual fee.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 26 months, which starts on the date your card is opened. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee also applies. At the end of the introductory period, the balance transfer rate reverts to 14.99% p.a. While Bankwest does not have a set date when this offer will end, it is only available for a limited time.
- No foreign transaction fees. While most cards charge a fee of 1-4% for international transactions, the Bankwest Zero Platinum charges 0%. This could help you save significantly if you regularly travel overseas or frequently shop online with international merchants.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. The Bankwest Zero Platinum card offers complimentary overseas travel insurance for up to 31 consecutive days through Cover-More. All you have to do to get the insurance is have the card open while you're travelling. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be covered for overseas emergency medical & hospital expenses, baggage & personal goods, personal liability and accidental death with the option to upgrade for additional protection.
- Purchase insurance covers. This card offers you protection against faulty and damaged personal goods bought anywhere in the world with the card, with a maximum cap of $125,000 on claims. You also get extended warranty on purchases for up to 12 months. The purchase price guarantee scheme protects you against price drops on eligible items purchased with the card. It allows you to claim the price difference if you find it available at a lower price within three weeks of purchase; as long as the price difference is greater than $75.
- Mobile wallets and contactless payments. This card can be linked to Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, available on compatible Android, Samsung and Apple devices.
- Digital cards. Once you've been approved, you can access and activate your new credit card through the Bankwest app. This means you can use your card to shop online or make mobile contactless payments before you receive your physical card.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. This card has a standard purchase rate of 14.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full (excluding any balance transfers) by the due date. This can help give you time to reap the benefits of the card before incurring interest.
- Cash advance rate. Cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals and gambling transactions, will immediately attract a 21.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the cash advance interest rate, a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) is charged when you make a cash advance transaction.
- Free worldwide emergency card replacement. If you've lost your card, you can request an emergency card replacement without a cost. This will especially come in handy if you're travelling with the card overseas.