The Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard was a no annual fee credit card that offered complimentary extras including travel insurance and purchase cover. It is no longer available for new customers.
Important InformationThe Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.You can compare the current range of Bankwest credit cards here.
The Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard comes with zero annual fee which helps to minimise the additional cost on the credit card. As well as no annual fee, this card also offers complimentary travel insurance for 3 months, purchase security cover and purchase price guarantee. If you’re looking to travel overseas, you can also benefit from no fees on ATM withdrawals and $0 emergency card replacement.
If you’re a regular jetsetter, you could benefit from the Platinum version of this card. As well as no annual fees, the Platinum card also waives the regular foreign transaction fee of 2.95% and travel insurance for 6 months.
Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard review
This card provides a number of benefits to applicants looking for a $0 annual fee card. While these cards are typically associated with no-frills, this card offers a long list of benefits including complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection cover, free additional cardholders and a low purchase rate. Plus, with the competitive balance transfer offer, cardholders can transfer their balance for a low interest rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. Cardholders looking for a rewards program are out of luck with this card though.
Benefits of Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard
Some of the benefits you can expect from this card include:
- Annual fee. You could stand to save with a card with no annual fees.
- Credit card protection. You can opt for an additional cover called St Andrew’s Credit Card Protection. It protects the cardholder during unforeseen circumstances like accidents, illness and unemployment. If you were to pass away, the card also offers protection for your family if a heavy debt remains. The maximum limit of cover is $50,000. The premium is automatically calculated and deducted from the card.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This card offers comprehensive complimentary travel insurance for 3 months. This includes unlimited medical and hospital cover. Loss/damage/theft cover up to $15,000, delayed baggage cover, and car hire insurance excess.
- Purchase covers. There are a couple of covers which provide additional protection for goods purchased. This includes Purchase Security Cover, Purchase Extended Warranty, and Purchase Price Guarantee.
- Overseas benefits. You can save on ATM withdrawal fees and balance checks when travelling overseas with this card. Plus, you can receive an emergency card replacement for free in the case that your card is lost, damaged or stolen.
Features of the Bankwest Zero Gold Mastercard
Some of the main features of this card are:
- Interest-free days. Pay your balance in full and could take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days.
- Balance transfer offer. This card comes with a balance transfer option which has an introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. After this, the interest rate reverts to standard balance transfer rate.
- Interest rates. The purchase interest rate is 17.99% p.a. and the cash advances rate is 21.99% p.a.
- Foreign transaction fee. The foreign transaction fee is 2.95%. It is waived for platinum cardholders.
Bankwest Zero Gold provides a number of benefits for the cost of no annual fee. While it lacks a rewards program, the complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection cover, and balance transfer offer are all features you could take advantage of. As this isn’t the only no annual fee card on the market though, you’ll need to compare your options to find the right card for you.