The Bankwest Qantas Mastercard lets you earn Qantas Points and enjoy interest-free days with a classic credit card designed for everyday use.
No longer offered in the market
The Bankwest Qantas Mastercard isn't available for new applications right now. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of Bankwest credit cards here.
Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases with the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard. With a low promotional balance transfer rate and interest-free days, you can save on standard interest costs with this card. This card also features a lower credit limit of $1,000 to help keep your spending in control.
Benefits of Bankwest Qantas Mastercard
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. Save $99.50 if you are a new member to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. All you need to do is apply for a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard and your new Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number will be sent instantly to your email upon completing the online application.
- Rewards. Receive Qantas Points on everyday transactions, with an earn rate of 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. Points earned will automatically go into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account, which you can use to redeem flight rewards with Qantas and its partners as well as products from the Qantas store.
- Interest-free days. Enjoy paying no interest on your purchases for up to 44 days when you use your Qantas Mastercard. You must pay the closing balance, including any cash advances and balances, to qualify for interest-free days.
- Balance transfers offer. Consolidate your debts with a low, introductory balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. This low rate will revert to 20.49% p.a. after the promotional period has ended.
- Technological Extras. This card can be linked to Google Pay, available on compatible Android devices. You can also purchase a Bankwest Halo payment ring and use it to tap and go at any contactless payment terminal. Available in black or white, the ring costs $39, is secure, waterproof and doesn't require an app or charging.
Bankwest Qantas Mastercard features
Here are some of the other features you should consider when comparing the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard:
- Interest rate. For your purchases made with the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard from Bankwest, you will be charged a 20.49% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advances. The cash withdrawn from an ATM or banking institution using the card will be subjected to a 21.99% p.a. rate.
- Rewards program. You can earn up to Qantas Points annually. In addition, you will need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem your points. If you aren't already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, new Bankwest Qantas Mastercard holders are eligible to receive a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. You'll need to join the Qantas program through the Bankwest website and send Bankwest your new Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number before you can start earning points.
- Annual fee. Your account will be charged $100 each year to be active.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit afforded with this card is $1,000.
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use this card overseas, you'll be charged a 2.95% foreign transaction fee.