The Bankwest Qantas Mastercard lets you earn Qantas Points and enjoy interest-free days with a classic credit card designed for everyday use.
Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases with the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard. With a low promotional balance transfer rate and interest-free days, you can save on standard interest costs with this card. This card also features a lower credit limit of $1,000 to help keep your spending in control
|Product Name||Bankwest Qantas Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||2.99% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (20.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.49% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$100 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.95% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$100 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20.00|
|Late Payment Fee||$25|
|Cash Advance Fee||Greater of 2% or $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||Greater of 2% or $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Enjoy Bankwest's offer of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers.
- Waived fee of $89.50 if you apply for a new membership on Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- There is a relatively a high annual fee of $100.
- You only get 0.5 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points per $1 spent, which is considerably lower than other rewards packages.
- This card comes with a short duration of 44 days interest free on purchases, as opposed to most cards with 55 days.
OverallMaximise your Qantas Points balance and let your spending reward you with 0.5 Qantas Points for every dollar you spend.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||50,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
Bankwest Qantas Mastercard review
The Bankwest Qantas Mastercard offers cardholders with a classic card that earns 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. This card also provides savings on interest costs with a low balance transfer interest rate for the first 9 months and interest-free days on purchases.
Benefits of Bankwest Qantas Mastercard
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. Save $89.50 if you are a new member to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. All you need to do is apply for a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard and your new Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number will be sent instantly to your email upon completing the online application.
- Rewards. Receive Qantas Points on everyday transactions, with an earn rate of 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. Points earned will automatically go into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account, which you can use to redeem flight rewards with Qantas and its partners as well as products from the Qantas store.
- Interest-free days. Enjoy paying no interest on your purchases for up to 44 days when you pay your previous balance in full.
- Balance transfers offer. Consolidate your debts with a low, introductory balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for 9 months. This low rate will revert to 20.49% p.a. after the promotional period has ended.
Bankwest Qantas Mastercard features
Here are some of the other features you should consider when comparing the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard:
- Interest rate. For your purchases made with the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard from Bankwest, you will be charged a 20.49% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advances. The cash withdrawn from an ATM or banking institution using the card will be subjected to a 21.99% p.a. rate.
- Rewards program. You can earn up to Qantas Points annually. In addition, you will need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem your points. If you aren’t already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, new Bankwest Qantas Mastercard holders are eligible to receive a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. You'll need to join the Qantas program through the Bankwest website and send Bankwest your new Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number before you can start earning points.
- Annual fee. Your account will be charged $100 each year to be active.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit afforded with this card is $1,000.
- Foreign transaction fees. If you use this card overseas, you'll be charged a 2.95% foreign transaction fee.
- Eligible for Android Pay. The Android Pay feature allows Bankwest cardholders to tap and go at the checkout with their Android device.
How to apply for the Bankwest Qantas Mastercard
Before considering applying for this credit card, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- You will have to be at least 18 years of age to apply for this credit card.
- Only applications from Australian permanent residents will be reviewed.
- You must read and accept the Bankwest privacy and consent forms. This will allow Bankwest to verify your credit history as well as your identity through electronic means.
- You will also be asked to supply an email address for a Bankwest representative to contact you at.
If you agree to these terms, proceed to the application by clicking ‘Go to site’. Have the following documentation handy for quick reference.
- You will need your Australian driver’s license along with either a passport, Medicare card or Australian birth certificate. If a driver’s license is not available, any combination of two of the other IDs mentioned will be accepted.
- You’ll require the details of your current employment, including contact information.
- You need to provide complete disclosure of your income along with a list of your expenses and assets.
If you like to earn rewards with purchases, then this could be a card to consider. Take note that there are not many extra features when you compare those of this card with others.Back to top