The BankSA Vertigo Credit Card offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa network and mobile payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Similar to other credit cards, it offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the full monthly payment balance listed on your statement by the due date. If you want to switch to this card and already have a balance on a different credit card, you may want to consider the BankSA Vertigo's 0% balance transfer offer instead.
BankSA Vertigo – Cashback Offer
- Balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee
- 6.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 13.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $55 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
Up to $400 cashback offer
Competitive 13.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases
No rewards program
3% international transaction fee
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo - Cashback Offer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||6.99% for 12 months, then 21.49%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||13.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to applyYou can apply for the BankSA Vertigo Credit Card online in around 20 minutes. To get started, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the details and documents you need to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The cashback offer is available when you apply for the BankSA Vertigo Credit Card as a new cardholder. This means you can't have held a BankSA, St.George or Bank of Melbourne in the last 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Income. You need to confirm that you've earned regular income in Australia the last 3 months and have at least $100 left each month after paying all your expenses.
- Credit history. You must be able to confirm that you've paid all your bills and loans on time over the past 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, contact number, residential address, relationship status and number of dependents. You also need to provide valid ID, such as your driver's licence number, passport number and Medicare card number.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide details such as your job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documents, such as recent payslips, tax assessment notices or bank statements.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions, as well as your savings and other assets. You also need to share details of your existing cards, loans, debts and estimate your share of regular household expenses such as rent, bills and groceries.
- Up to $400 cashback. Apply for this BankSA Vertigo Credit Card offer by 30 April 2024 as a new cardholder, and you'll get 10% cashback on eligible spending at participating petrol stations and supermarkets and petrol stations in the first 180 days (up to a maximum of $400). This includes shopping at ALDI, Coles, IGA and Woolworths. Transactions that are excluded from this spend requirement include gift card or eGift card purchases at the participating supermarkets, fees, cash, cash-equivalent transactions and third party payments such as AfterPay, BPAY, PayPal or PayPal equivalent. The 10% cashback will be added as a statement credit on your Vertigo account within 30 days of meeting the offer requirements.
- Low rate for purchases. This card offers a 13.99% p.a. variable interest rate on purchases, which is low compared to the average standard credit card interest rate of around 20%.
- Interest-free period. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the total monthly payment balance listed on your statement by the due date.
- Contactless payments. You can add this card to your digital wallet with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay to make payments straight from your mobile phone or device. You can also tap to pay at the checkout with Visa contactless.
- Security. The BankSA Vertigo Credit Card offers 24/7 fraud monitoring, a secure online shopping service and a the BankSA Fraud Money Back Guarantee to help protect you against fraudulent transactions.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo has an annual fee of $55, which is competitive with other similar low rate credt cards.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to withdraw cash or make any other cash advance transactions, a 21.49% p.a. variable interest rate applies from the time of the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. A 3% cash advance fee applies when you use this card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions.
- Balance transfers. If you want to move an existing credit card balance onto this card, you'll get an introductory 6.99% interest rate for the first 12 months. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer amount will attract the card's 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate. Just keep in mind the BankSA Vertigo also has a separate, 0% balance transfer offer that's more suited to repaying debt.
- International transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with a retailer that's based overseas, you will be charged a fee worth 3% of the transaction.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked