Save on credit card costs with a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 16 months with the BankSA Vertigo Visa.
If you live in South Australia or the Northern Territory and want a competitive credit card that offers peace of mind when it comes to your repayments, the BankSA Vertigo Visa could work for you. It can let you save money by offering a no fee-balance transfer, low standard annual fee, a competitively low purchase rate and generous interest-free days.
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo Visa|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 16 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Take advantage of an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for up to 16 months, with no balance transfer fee.
- This card charges a low ongoing variable purchase rate of 13.74% p.a. which is among the cards with the lowest rates in the market.
- You can request an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Secure shopping and fraud monitoring
- This is a classic 'no-frills' credit card with no additional features, perks or rewards.
Benefits of BankSA Vertigo Visa
- Balance transfer offer. When you transfer an existing credit card debt from a non-BankSA, Bank of Melbourne or St.George credit card onto the BankSA Vertigo Visa, you get 0% p.a. interest for up to 16 months with no balance transfer fee. This offer will end on 26 September 2018 and after the introductory period expires, any remaining balances will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit and you must still make minimum repayments.
- Low interest rate. This card comes with a low variable interest rate of 13.74% p.a. on purchases.
Features of BankSA Vertigo Visa
The BankSA Vertigo Visa could be the ideal credit card for someone who loves shopping with a low rate on purchases.
- Up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Provided you pay off your balance in full every month including any balance transfer amount, you will become eligible to enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo Visa attracts a competitive annual fee of $55.
- Linked access. The BankSA Vertigo Visa is linked to your other BankSA accounts for the ease of one card banking.
- Additional cardholder. You can request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Cash advance rate. If you make a cash advance transaction or you have debt remaining from your balance transfer at the end of the 16 months, you will accrue interest at the 19.49% p.a. rate.
How to apply for the BankSA Vertigo Visa
If you think BankSA Vertigo Visa suits you, you can apply for it by completing the secure online application. To save time, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- 18 years old and above
- Australian permanent resident
- Drivers license
- Details of your income and employment
- Financial commitments, debts or assets
What happens next?
- The application takes about ten minutes to complete.
- Make a note of your application reference number.
- You should have a response from BankSA within a few minutes of submitting your application.
- Check your email or information about what’s next.