Save on credit card costs with a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 18 months with the BankSA Vertigo Visa Credit Card.
If you live in South Australia or the Northern Territory and want a competitive credit card that offers peace of mind when it comes to your repayments, the BankSA Vertigo Visa could work for you. It can let you save money by offering a low standard annual fee and a competitively low purchase rate and generous interest-free days.
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo Visa|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||26 September 2018|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Take advantage of an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 18 months.
- This card comes with a low ongoing variable purchase rate of 13.74% p.a. which is among the cards with the lowest rates in the market.
- You can request an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Secure shopping and fraud monitoring
- This is a classic 'no-frills' credit card with no additional features, perks or rewards.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies. Fees also apply for requesting a statement copy.
BankSA Vertigo Visa review
Designed as a no-frills, low-cost card, the purchase interest rate is 13.74% p.a. and the interest-free period is up to 55 days. There is also a system of linked access to other BankSA accounts and a discount incentive system with other BankSA products.
Benefits of BankSA Vertigo Visa
- Balance transfer offer. When you transfer an existing credit card debt from a non-BankSA credit card onto the BankSA Vertigo Visa, you get a rate of 0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% balance transfer fee. This offer will end on 26 September 2018 and after the promotional period expires, any remaining balances will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate.
- Up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Provided you pay off your balance in full every month including any balance transfer amount, you will become eligible to enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Low interest rate. This card comes with a low variable interest rate of 13.74% p.a. on purchases.
- Interest-free spending periods. You will be given a 55-day grace period to pay back your purchases when you use the Vertigo Visa offered by BankSA, if you have paid back your balance in full. This gives you some time to pay off the balance and still make the purchases you may need right away.
Features of BankSA Vertigo Visa
The BankSA Vertigo Visa could be the ideal credit card for someone who loves shopping with a low rate on purchases.
- Credit card security. BankSA allows you to shop online with confidence - the Vertigo Visa uses the Verified by Visa system. This gives you peace of mind knowing that any purchases you make on the internet are save and secure. You'll be protected with a zero liability policy. So if you can prove that the transaction was fraudulent, you'll be fully reimbursed. You'll also be protected by a 24/7 fraud monitoring service that will detect any unusual activity on your account.
- Linked access. The BankSA Vertigo Visa is linked to your other BankSA accounts for the ease of one card banking.
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo Visa attracts a competitive annual fee of $55.
- Additional cardholder. You can request for an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Cash advances. If you need to make a cash withdrawal because something unexpected has come up, you can at 19.49% p.a. However, it may be best to save this feature for when you really need to use it.
How to apply for the BankSA Vertigo Visa
If you think BankSA Vertigo Visa suits you, you can apply for it today by completing the secure online application. To save time, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- 18 years old and above
- Australian permanent resident
- Drivers license
- Details of your income and employment
- Financial commitments, debts or assets
What happens next?
- The application takes about ten minutes to complete.
- Make a note of your application reference number.
- You should have a response from BankSA within a few minutes of submitting your application.
- Check your email or information about what’s next.