Save on credit card costs with 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 28 months with the BankSA Vertigo card.
If you have card debt you want to pay off, the BankSA Vertigo credit card currently offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 28 months (with no balance transfer fee) when you apply by 28 September 2021 and include details of your balance transfer as part of the application.
Balance transfer rate
for 28 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||BankSA Vertigo|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 28 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 0% p.a. for 28 months on balance transfers with no BT fee
- Competitive purchase interest rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost
- Classic 'no-frills' credit card with no perks or rewards
- Balance transfer reverts to the high 21.49% p.a. cash advance rate
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The BankSA Vertigo credit card gives you a mix of low-cost and everyday features, including an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers. If you want to pay off existing card debt, this balance transfer offer can help you save on interest charges for 28 months. But take note that any balance transfer debt left at the end of the introductory period will attract the variable cash advance interest rate.
How to apply
You can apply for the BankSA Vertigo credit card online in around 10 minutes. To get started, read through the following eligibility requirements and make sure you have all the details and documents you need to complete the application.
- Balance transfer debt. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer promotion, BankSA allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your approved credit limit from up to 3 non-BankSA, Bank of Melbourne or St.George Australian-issued credit, charge or store cards.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- New cardholder. The balance transfer offer is only available when you apply for the BankSA Vertigo credit card as a new cardholder before 28 September 2021.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, contact number, residential address, relationship status and number of dependents. You also need to provide valid ID, such as your driver's licence number, passport number and Medicare card number.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide details such as your job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's contact details. You may also need to provide supporting documents, such as recent payslips, tax assessment notices or bank statements.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments or pensions, as well as your savings and other assets. You also need to share details of your existing cards, loans, debts and estimate your share of regular household expenses such as rent, bills and groceries.
- Balance transfer details. The balance transfer offer on this card is only available if you include your request with the application. This means you need to provide details of the amount of debt you want to transfer, as well as the account name, number and the provider's BSB.
- 0% p.a. for 28 months on balance transfers. Apply for the BankSA Vertigo by 28 September 2021 and request a balance transfer at the time of your application to take advantage of this offer. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance transfer debt will be charged interest at the variable cash advance rate, currently 21.49% p.a.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Visa offers. Get access to exclusive travel, entertainment and shopping offers listed on the Visa and Visa Entertainment websites.
- Contactless payments. Make tap and go payments straight from your phone or other compatible Android, Apple or Samsung device by adding this card to your Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The BankSA Vertigo card charges an annual fee of $55.
- Purchase interest rate. This card offers a competitive variable interest rate of 13.99% on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. A variable interest rate of 21.49% p.a. applies if you make a cash advance transaction or you have debt remaining from a balance transfer at the end of the introductory balance transfer period.
- Cash advance fee. A fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction), applies when you use this card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transactions.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. If you use this card overseas or online with a retailer that's based overseas, you will be charged a fee worth 3% of the transaction value.