The Bank of Melbourne Vertigo is a no-frills credit card that you can use in over 200 countries and regions around the world, with any business that accepts Visa cards. You can also add it to your Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay accounts for mobile payments.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
- Balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee
- 6.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 13.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $55 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Bank of Melbourne Vertigo gives you a mix of low-cost features without the bells and whistles offered by some other cards. Both its 13.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and $55 annual fee are competitive with other low rate and low fee cards. With the introductory cashback offer, you'll get 10% back at participating petrol stations and supermarkets – including ALDI, Coles and Woolworths – in the first 180 days (up to $400 cashback). So think about how much you’ll use this card when you first get it to decide if this offer is worth it.
Up to $400 cashback offer
Relatively low 13.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases
Free additional cardholder
3% international transaction fee
No extra perks like rewards or complimentary insurance
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card - Cashback Offer|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||6.99% for 12 months, then 21.49%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||13.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.49%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of each cash advance amount|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Credit Card online in around 10 minutes. Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- New cardholder. The current Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card cashback offer is only available when you apply as a new cardholder.
- Eligible balance transfer. If you're planning to transfer an existing balance to this card, you can transfer between $200 up to 80% of your credit limit from Australian credit cards not issued by Bank of Melbourne, St.George or BankSA.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, residential address and details of your living arrangements. You will also need to provide valid ID details, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Employment details. The application requires details such as your current job title, salary, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, bank statements or other documents that confirm your income and employment.
- Financial details. This covers any other income – such as government payments or pensions – along with your savings and assets. You also need to share details of existing debts, loans, credit cards and other liabilities, as well as an estimate of your regular household expenses.
- Balance transfer details. To take advantage of the introductory balance transfer offer on this card, you will need to include your balance transfer request when you apply. This includes the amount of debt you want to transfer and the details for your existing account, including the account name, number and the provider's BSB.
- Up to $400 cashback. When you apply by 30 April 2024, you'll get 10% cashback on eligible spending at participating petrol stations and supermarkets (including Coles, Woolworths, IGA, Harris Farm and ALDI) in the first 180 days from card approval – up to a maximum total of $400 cashback. Eligible spending includes most everyday transactions at participating businesses. Transactions that won't count towards the spend requirement include gift card or eGift card purchases at the participating supermarkets, fees, cash, cash-equivalent transactions and third party payments such as AfterPay, BPAY, PayPal or PayPal equivalent. The 10% cashback will be credited to your account within 30 days of meeting the spend requirement.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full by the due date listed on each statement, you will get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Balance transfer offer. The Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card's cashback offer also includes an introductory 6.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months when you apply by 30 April 2024 and request a balance transfer during the application. Any remaining balance after the promotional period is subject to the variable cash advance rate, currently 21.49% p.a. But if your focus is a balance transfer, the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card also has a 0% balance transfer offer.
- Visa benefits. This card gives you access to exclusive offers for travel and hotel bookings, shopping, dining and experiences – with seasonal deals listed on the Visa Australia website. You can also enjoy exclusive event and ticket offers by signing up to the Visa Offers + Perks website.
- Mobile payment technology. You can make tap and go payments using your eligible phone or device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $55 annual fee. To put this in perspective, low rate cards typically have annual fees that range from $0 to $100 or more
- Credit limit. This card has a minimum credit limit of $500.
- Cash advance costs. If you make a cash advance transaction on the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo credit card, you will be charged the variable cash interest rate of 21.49% p.a. This rate will be effective from the date the transaction occurs. Cash advances also attract a fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- International transaction fee. The fee for converting currency and making purchases with merchants overseas or online in a foreign currency is 3% of the transaction value.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked