Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum – Qantas
Score 70,000 bonus Qantas Points and get a 0% balance transfer offer with the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum - Qantas card.
You’ll be rewarded with 70,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply, are approved by 09 February 2021 and spend $1,500 each month for the first 3 months.
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum also offers complimentary insurance covers, free membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 15 months, with a 1% balance transfer fee.
Balance transfer rate
for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum - Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 70,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $1,500 each month for the first 3 months
- Balance transfer rate of 0% for the first 15 months
- Uncapped rewards points on eligible purchases
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances
- Charges a 1% balance transfer fee
- The earn rate of 0.5 Qantas points per $1 spent is lower than some other platinum cards
- Does not offer airport lounge passes
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
This card also has a competitive annual fee, and you’re likely to pay a much higher fee if you opt for a card with a bigger bonus points promotion or more premium perks like airport lounge passes.
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Qantas also offers a 0% balance transfer offer, which could help you repay existing debt with no interest. If you’re determined to clear your debt before interest applies, keep in mind that you won’t earn points on balance transfers and the promise of frequent flyer points may tempt you to spend.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum - Qantas card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- New customer. The bonus points offer is only available to new Bank of Melbourne customers. This exclusion applies to people who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA or who have held one in the last 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit history with no defaults or bad debt to receive approval.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or charge card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact information, marital status and number of financial identification.
- Proof of identification. To verify your identity, you'll need a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card, birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income. You'll need to confirm your annual income with payslips, bank statements or similar financial documents on hand to verify your income.
- Finances. Have a detailed list of your financial assets and liabilities on hand.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact information. If you're self-employed, you'll need to have your tax information on hand. You may also need your accountant's contact information.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer number. To ensure your Qantas Points are credited to your account, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and BSB number of the cards you're transferring from.
- Bonus Qantas Points offer. Apply for a Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card by 09 February 2021 and spend $1,500 each month for the first 3 months to receive 70,000 bonus Qantas Points. Your bonus points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 12 weeks of meeting the spend criteria.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 09 February 2021 can take advantage of a 0% interest rate for the first 15 months on balance transfers, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balances remaining will collect the variable cash advance rate.
- Uncapped Qantas Points. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible transactions in Australia and with overseas merchants. Eligible transactions cover most of your everyday spending categories, including groceries, petrol and dining or take-away. Transactions that don’t earn points include balance transfers, cash advances, account fees and government charges.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Travel with peace of mind and save on necessary costs with complimentary international travel insurance. The policy covers you, your spouse and dependent children travelling with you for up to 3 months of travel. The cover includes emergency and medical services, loss or damage of personal property, travel cancellation or delay and more.
- Extended warranty. When you purchase certain items that come with a manufacturer's warranty with your Amplify Platinum card, you will get an extended warranty that will come into effect when the manufacturer's warranty ends. This is helpful with larger purchases that can be costly to fix or replace.
- Purchase protection. If a newly-purchased item gets damaged or stolen, purchase protection through your Amplify card can help you get a reimbursement or pay for repairs on the item as long as the claim falls within a certain time frame after the original purchase date.
- Mobile payment technology. You can easily make contactless payments with your eligible device if you add this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum charges a $99 p.a. annual fee.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a 19.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases (variable).
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to make a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll immediately collect the variable 21.49% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction).
- Credit limits. This card offers credit limits ranging from $6,000 to $80,000.
- Additional cardholders. You can choose to add an additional cardholder to your account for $0. Eligible purchases on the additional card will also earn points, so it could help you boost your points balance.