Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card
Save with 0% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months and a $0 annual fee with the Bank First Visa Classic.
The Bank First Visa Classic credit card is designed to help you cut interest costs. You can repay an existing debt or make new purchases and pay no interest for the first 6 months. You’ll also save with $0 annual fee and low standard interest rates.
Balance transfer rate
for the first 6 months (reverts to 12.54% p.a.)
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||12.54% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||0% for 6 months, reverts to 12.54% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||12.54% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Max credit limit||$10,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0% on purchases for 6 months
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- Low variable interest rate of 12.54% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- This card does not offer a rewards program or any premium perks.
|Minimum monthly repayment||5% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Cash advance fee||2.5%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2.5%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bank First Visa Classic credit card online, but you should check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information before you start the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Residency. You must be a current resident of Australia. You may also need to provide details of your citizenship or residency status to complete your application.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, phone number, email address and driver's licence number.
- Employment. This includes your salary, current job title and your employer's contact information. You may also need to supply recent payslips or ATO statements that show your income.
- Finances. You'll need to provide details of any other income, investments or savings accounts. You'll also need to share information about any existing debts or credit accounts such as loans and cards.
- Balance transfer information. The application includes a "Balance Transfer Request" section that you'll need to fill out if you want to enjoy the introductory balance transfer offer. This means you'll need to provide details of the account you want to transfer debt from.
- 0% p.a. interest for 6 months. Enjoy an introductory interest rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers when you apply by 31 December 2020 and make an eligible purchase by 29 January 2021. After this period, the variable interest rate of 12.54% p.a. will apply to any remaining balance.
- No annual fee. The Bank First Visa Classic charges a $0 annual fee.
- Visa benefits. This card can be used at millions of international locations anywhere Visa is accepted. You can also tap-and-go at the checkout for payments under $100 and enjoy exclusive ticket and lifestyle offers through Visa Offer and Perks.
- Mobile wallets. Whether you have an Android or Apple device, you can save time at the cash register and pay with the convenience of your smartphone with Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. Outside of any promotions, the Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card charges a variable interest rate of 12.54% p.a., which applies to standard purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. If you pay your account in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy an interest-free period of up to 55 days for new purchases. Interest-free days do not apply for cash advances and balance transfers.
- Minimum credit limit. This card offers credit limits from $2,000 up to $10,000. Note that your individual credit limit is based on lending criteria and subject to approval.
- Minimum repayment. If you have debt on your card, you must pay at least 5% by the due date on your statement. Please note that you must make at least the minimum payment even if an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate applies to your balance.
- Currency conversion fee. If you use this card to make purchases overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll pay a fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount.