Enjoy no annual fee for the first year, 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 18 months and receive platinum perks including complimentary travel and purchase insurance.
Consolidate your debt with ANZ Platinum and benefit from a low interest rate of 0% p.a. for the first 18 months on balance transfers (reverts to the standard balance transfer rate of 21.49% p.a.). A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies. Featuring a low fee with the additional benefits of overseas travel and medical insurance worth up to $720, as well as extended warranty and purchase security insurance, the ANZ Platinum credit card could be a card for you.
|Product Name||ANZ Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 18 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter)|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter)|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of the cash advance amount or minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of the cash advance amount or minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- There is $0 annual fee charged in the first year you have this card. It then reverts to a competitive $87 every year afterwards. The annual fee is also waived if you spend more than $20,000 on the card each year.
- Enjoy 0% p.a. for the first 18 months on balance transfers.
- Take advantage of flexible repayment options offering discounted rates of interest for set periods of time. This is a great way to plan, budget and save.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
- There is no rewards program that comes with this card.
ANZ Platinum Credit Card review
Pay $0 annual fee in the first year you own the ANZ Platinum credit card. The annual fee is also waived if you spend more than $20,000 on the card each year. This account also features a balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 18 months. Once the promotional balance transfer rate has ended, any balance left remaining will be charged at the standard balance transfer revert rate of 21.49% p.a. Transfer your non-ANZ card debt to the ANZ Platinum credit card and pay down your debt quicker without the cost of interest.
There are benefits for the traveller too. This card offers complimentary international travel and medical insurance, as well as flexible payment options for purchases like flights and holiday bookings. Read on to compare the benefits, features and costs of the card as well as the steps you can follow to apply.
Benefits of the ANZ Platinum credit card
- 0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers. Apply for the ANZ Platinum credit card and get 0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers. The promotional period starts from the date you are approved for the ANZ Platinum credit card. You can use up to 95% of your credit limit towards a balance transfer. Any unpaid balance that was brought over to the card under a balance transfer promotion will be charged at the standard balance transfer rate of interest once the promotional period ends — currently 21.49% p.a. (2% balance transfer fee, eligibility criteria, T&Cs, fees and charges apply).
- $0 annual fee in the first year. All new ANZ Platinum credit cardholders get the annual fee waived in the first year. The annual fee will revert to $87 thereafter. You can also enjoy no annual fee in the following years if your annual spend exceeds $20,000 on the ANZ Platinum credit card. The annual spend is calculated 12 months following your account’s ‘fee date’.
- Complimentary insurance. ANZ Platinum credit cardholders are covered under QBE complimentary overseas medical and travel insurance. There’s comprehensive cover for a range of events, including an unlimited benefit payable for overseas medical and dental. If you already have an ANZ Platinum credit card, you’re eligible for the insurance when you hold a return ticket to Australia and have purchased at least $250 of your prepaid travel expenses using the ANZ Platinum credit card.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Whether you use an Android, a Samsung, or an Apple device, you'll be able to use either Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Apple Pay to make convenient contactless payments with your smartphone at the checkout.
Features of the ANZ Platinum credit card
- Up to 55 days interest-free. Pay your balance in full when your statement comes and you get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with the card. Interest-free days do not apply you’re carrying a balance from month to month (a balance transfer).
- Insurance benefits. Complimentary international travel insurance is a benefit available to ANZ Platinum credit cardholders who meet the policy activation requirements. This account also features car rental excess insurance, extended warranty insurance, 90-day purchase security insurance, best price guarantee insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance.
- Additional cardholders. Up to 9 additional cardholders can be added to the account for $0.
- Anti-fraud protection. ANZ credit cards are protected by ANZ Falcon anti-fraud monitoring system. As this is a Visa card, the Visa no liability guarantee also applies if you’re a victim of fraud.
- Visa card. As a Visa card, you can use this card at millions of ATMs and merchants across the globe wherever Visa is accepted.
How to apply for the ANZ Platinum Credit Card
If you think the ANZ Platinum Credit Card suits you, you can complete a secure online application by clicking the 'Go to Site' button. Before you apply, though, make sure you've met the following eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents on hand:
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- You must be a permanent resident earning over $35,000 p.a.
- Temporary residents can apply for the ANZ Platinum Credit Card. Special Category Visa holders — New Zealand citizens — can apply as well as business, investor or student Visa holders. More than nine months must be remaining on the Visa and you must earn at least $35,000 p.a.
- Your Australian drivers licence (if applicable).
- Details about your finances which include information about your income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- You will need to provide your accountant’s details if you’re self-employed.
You will receive a response to your application within 60 seconds of submission.Back to top