The ANZ Platinum offers a range of complimentary insurance options for travel and shopping. Right now, you can get $300 back on a new ANZ Platinum Credit Card account when you spend $1,500 in the first 3 months from approval. You’ll also save with a $0 annual fee in the first year, which goes to $87 p.a. after that, which is competitive with other platinum credit cards in Australia.
ANZ Platinum Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate with no balance transfer fee
- 21.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 20.49% p.a.
- Annual fee for the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
$300 credit back on your new card
$0 annual fee in the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter). The annual fee is also waived if you spend more than $20,000 on the card each year.
Complimentary insurance covers, including international travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance
Does not offer a rewards program
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||ANZ Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||20.49%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($87 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
How to applyYou can apply for the ANZ Platinum Credit Card online in around 20 minutes and receive a response within 60 seconds. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- New cardholder. The $300 credit back offer and the first-year annual fee waiver are only available to new ANZ Platinum credit card customers.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. ANZ allows you to transfer from $100 up to 95% of your credit limit from non-ANZ credit and store card accounts.
- Credit history. You'll need to have a good credit score to receive approval. You can get your credit score and comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. Including your full name, date of birth, address and contact details.
- Proof of identification. Such as your Australian driver's licence number.
- Income and finances. You'll need to verify your income with 2 recent payslips and provide details of your expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Employment. List your current employment as well as your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to include your accountant's phone number.
- Balance transfer. Detail the amount you're transferring and provide the account number that you're moving the debt from.
- $300 back. You'll get $300 back to your new card when you apply for a new ANZ Platinum Credit Card and spend $1,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months from card approval.
- $0 annual fee in the first year. The ANZ Platinum offers a waived annual fee in the first year for new cardholders. After the first year, a $87 annual fee applies. This is waived if your annual spending on the ANZ Platinum Credit Card is over $20,000. The annual spend is calculated 12 months following your account's "fee date".
- Complimentary insurance covers. The ANZ Platinum credit card offers a range of complimentary insurances for travel and shopping, including international travel insurance, domestic travel insurance, rental vehicle excess in Australia insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty insurance. The eligibility criteria include making eligible spend with your ANZ Platinum credit card.
- Mobile wallets. Whether you use an Android, Samsung, or Apple device, you can use Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Apple Pay to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone at the checkout. You can also link your ANZ card and make contactless payments with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- Fraud protection. ANZ credit cards are protected by ANZ Falcon anti-fraud monitoring system. If you are a victim of a fraudulent transaction, you'll be protected by ANZ's Fraud Money Back Guarantee.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. Your purchases will collect the 20.49% p.a. interest rate if you carry a balance beyond the interest-free period.
- Interest-free days. When you pay the closing balance in full by the statement due date, you can save with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Note that if you have promotional balances from relevant balance transfer plans, instalment plans and buy now pay later plans, you will need to pay the full Adjusted Closing Balance listed on your statement to be eligible for interest-free days. This is calculated as your closing balance less the sum of any relevant promotional plans.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 9 additional cardholders for $0.
- Cash advances. If you use your ANZ Platinum to make a cash advance transaction in Australia, you will be charged a fee of 3% of the transaction amount and 3% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) for overseas transactions, and the cash advance interest rate of 21.99% p.a.