If you are looking for a credit card without an annual fee, you may want to investigate the ANZ no annual fee credit card, which is called the ANZ Platinum Credit Card. You should be aware, however, that this offer is not an ongoing offer, but only applies to the first year.
These are the features of the ANZ no annual fee credit card so you can assess whether it is the right card for you.
Features of the ANZ Platinum Credit Card no annual fee credit card:
- $0 annual fee for the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter)
- 0% p.a. for 16 months with 2% balance transfer fee on balance transfers
- Up to 55 days interest-free credit on purchases
- 19.74% p.a. interest on purchases and 21.49% p.a. on cash advances
- Spend $20,000 on eligible purchases and have your next annual fee waived
- Twenty-four hour ANZ Falcon security protection
- Design your own card by uploading your favourite image, or choose from ANZ's library of images
- Visa card acceptance at over 24 million locations worldwide
- Extended Warranty and 90-day Purchase Security Insurance
- Online security guarantee means you won't be liable for unauthorised fraudulent internet purchases
- Three free additional cardholders
- Visa Entertainment, which provides access to special events, exclusive merchandise packages and home entertainment products
This ANZ no annual fee credit card is perfect for easy approval and as a student credit card.
About no annual fee credit cards:
There is sufficient competition within the credit card market at the moment that a no annual fee credit card does not mean a no other feature credit card. Many credit cards now offer many attractive features right across the board. This is great for the consumer as it gives them the choice they need to make the right application.
A no annual fee credit card will not suit everyone. Some high earners will be happy to pay an annual fee because it will open up Gold and Platinum card territory, where they can enjoy a higher credit limit and other associated perks.
Most of us, however, will be happy to avoid paying $50 or so each year, especially if we do not plan to make many transactions on the card because we only really have it for emergencies. Paying for something you rarely use is pretty galling. You will need to assess whether saving on the annual fee is worth the higher price you may have to pay in interest should you not manage to keep a clear balance throughout the year.
Whether you choose the ANZ no annual fee credit card or some other, make sure you do some comparisons first. There are some excellent deals out there, and you may not have to compromise on very much to avoid paying an annual fee.
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($87 p.a. thereafter)|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Over Limit Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of the cash advance amount or minimum $0|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of the cash advance amount or minimum $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Gambling Transactions Interest Rate||Cash Advance Rate|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
- There is $0 annual fee charged in the first year you have this card. It then reverts to a competitive $87 every year afterwards. The annual fee is also waived if you spend more than $20,000 on the card each year.
- Enjoy 0% p.a. for the first 16 months on balance transfers.
- Take advantage of flexible repayment options offering discounted rates of interest for set periods of time. This is a great way to plan, budget and save.
- There is no rewards program that comes with this card.