Take advantage of a 0% p.a. introductory rate on balance transfers with a low annual fee on a new ANZ Low Rate Credit Card.
The ANZ Low Rate Credit Card offers you value and savings on credit card costs, with a low ongoing interest rate on purchases plus a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for 15 months with no balance transfer fee.
You can look forward to essential card features including up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your previous balance in full, a low minimum credit limit of $1,000 and the option to add up to 3 additional cardholders at no cost.
|Product Name||ANZ Low Rate|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.49% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$58 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months with no balance transfer fee.
- A low annual fee of $58 applies.
- Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- This is a basic card that offers none of the perks like travel insurance or a rewards program.
Benefits of the ANZ Low Rate Credit Card
Here are some of the features you can expect with the ANZ Low Rate Visa Card.
- Balance transfer offer. New cardholders can enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 15 months with no BT fee. Any unpaid balances at the end of the introductory period will revert to the standard balance transfer rate of 21.74% p.a. You can balance transfer from $100 up to 95% of your available credit limit from non-ANZ, Australian credit, charge or store cards.
- Low purchase rate. A variable rate of 12.49% p.a. on purchases means that you can save money on interest fees each month when compared to cards with higher purchase rates.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay and Google Pay let you use your Apple or Android device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Low Rate Credit Card
- Annual fee. This credit card charges a competitive annual fee of $58.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with the ANZ Low Rate Credit Card when you pay your statement balance in full.
- Additional cardholders. You can request to add up to 3 additional cardholders on the account, with a $0 additional fee.
- ANZ fraud money-back guarantee. ANZ offers a money-back guarantee on all losses that result from unauthorised or fraudulent transactions on the account. ANZ also offers customer service 24 hours a day to further ensure protection.
How to apply for the ANZ Low Rate Credit Card
You can apply for the ANZ Low Rate online in a few minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application form. But before you get started, make sure you meet the application requirements and have all the documents and details you'll need ready.
All ANZ credit card applicants are subject to basic credit screening, and in order to be approved all applicants must also:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating
- Be a permanent Australian resident or a temporary resident provided your visa has at least 9 months remaining
- Earn a minimum annual income of $15,000
Required documents and details
The online portion of the application takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. You will need the following information to complete your application:
- An Australian driver’s licence number (if you have one)
- Two recent payslips for income verification
- Your employer’s address and if you are self-employed, you will need your accountant’s name and contact number
- Details of your income, expenses, assets and liabilities
The ANZ Low Rate credit card offers a number of ways for cardholders to keep their credit card costs to a minimum. However, as it's not the only low rate credit card on the market, it's wise to compare your options before applying.Back to top