The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Credit Card offers 65,000 bonus Qantas Points and $150 back to your card after your first eligible purchase.
With the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Visa, you can earn up to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. If you’re a new cardholder, you can also boost your points balance with 65,000 bonus Qantas Points when you make an eligible purchase within the first 3 months from account opening. As well as these rewards, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum provides premium extras including complimentary insurance and a 24/7 concierge service.
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Receive 65,000 bonus Qantas Points and $150 back to your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum when you make one eligible purchase within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to 0.75 Qantas Points for every $1 you spend on your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card.
- This card is rich with platinum benefits and other credit card perks including Apple Pay eligibility for convenient payments plus complimentary International travel and medical insurance.
- The standard annual fee of $295 is relatively high.
- This coupled with purchase rate of interest of 19.99% p.a. makes this an expensive card to use and maintain.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||65,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
Benefits of ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Credit Card
- 65,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. Get 65,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card approval.
- Cashback offer. You'll get $150 back to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum when you make one eligible purchase in the first 3 months.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer membership offer. If you're approved for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Credit Card, you'll automatically receive an opportunity to sign up for a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. ANZ will waive the joining fee with this offer.
- Complimentary insurances. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card offers a range of complimentary insurances. You will get purchase protection for items you buy using your card in the case that the item is damaged, stolen, or lost. You can also get price-matching where you’ll get paid back the difference on an item if it goes on sale after you purchase it. There is an extended warranty program for eligible products that already have a manufacturer’s warranty. Plus, you're covered by overseas travel and medical insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident coverage, and rental excess coverage.
- Rewards program. Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $3,000 and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent above $3,000 per statement period.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $295 that includes a $240 annual account fee and a $55 rewards program services fee.
- Rates and fees. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum offers cardholders a 19.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and a 21.49% p.a. interest rate on cash advances.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer details. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply and membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- Interest-free days. ANZ offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. This feature can allow you to save on interest while accruing rewards points.
How to apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card
If you’ve decided that an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card is a good choice for you and your current financial situation, you can apply by completing the online application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency requirements. This card is available for permanent residents and citizens of Australia. Non-permanent residents may still be eligible but must be holding a 457 working visa and have at least 9 months remaining from the date of application.
- Income requirements. You must have a minimum annual income of $35,000 and a good credit rating to apply.
- Proof of identification. You'll be required to provide proof of identification, such as your driver’s license or passport.
- Proof of income. Make sure to organise any payslips, bank statements, or any other relevant financial information before applying.
If you choose to apply for this ANZ platinum credit card, you can enjoy a number of platinum benefits and cost-saving features. As with any credit card offer, you'll need to compare your options to find the right card for you.Back to top