ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Credit Card
Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points, $150 back and complimentary insurance with a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum earns up to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible everyday purchases. It also offers complimentary insurance, a personal concierge and mobile payments.
Per $ spent
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and get $150 back to your account when you spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to 1.75 Qantas Points for every $1 you spend on your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card.
- This card is rich with platinum benefits and other credit card perks including complimentary international travel insurance.
- The standard annual fee of $295 is relatively high.
- This coupled with purchase interest rate of 20.24% p.a. makes this an expensive card to use and maintain.
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$65|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum online in around 5 minutes. Get started by checking that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need for the application.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- New cardholder. The bonus points offer is only available for new customers who have not held any ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card products in the last 12 months. This includes the ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum and ANZ Frequent Flyer Black accounts.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit rating to apply for this card. If you're not sure what your credit score is, you can get your credit score and a comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your full name, residential address, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Employment details. This includes your current job title, your salary and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll be asked to provide your accountant's contact details to help confirm these details. You'll also need to provide documents that verify your income, such as recent payslips or tax assessment notices from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments and benefits, pensions or savings. You'll also need to provide details of existing debts and credit cards, as well as an estimate of your regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Frequent flyer details. You need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details to be able to earn Qantas Points through this credit card. If you're not already a member, you can join for free when you apply for this card – saving you $99.50 on the standard joining fee.
- 75,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. You can collect 75,000 bonus points as a new customer when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months from your card approval date. The bonus points will be added to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 3 months of meeting the eligible spend criteria.
- $150 back. Spend $2,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months and you'll also get $150 credited back to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum. The $150 credit will be applied to the purchase balance on your card within 3 months of meeting the spend requirement. Just keep in mind that it does not count as a payment towards your balance – so you'll still need to pay at least the minimum amount listed on your statement once the credit is applied.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $3,000 per statement period and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent beyond $3,000 per statement period. The definition of eligible purchases covers most everyday spending categories, including groceries, dining, travel, petrol and retail shopping. Transactions that don't earn you points include cash advances, balance transfers, fees and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes.
- 1 additional point on selected Qantas spending. This card offers 1 additional point per $1 spent with Qantas when you use it to pay for Qantas flights with a QF flight number, as well as Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club joining and annual fees. You can also earn additional Qantas Points when shopping with any ANZ Bonus Partners. These partners may change at any time, so check the ANZ website or refer to your account for details of current offers.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum offers complimentary international travel insurance when you pay for at least $250 of eligible overseas travel costs – such as airfares, cruise bookings, car hire, tours or accommodation – before the start of your trip. Your spouse and/or eligible dependent children are also covered when they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complimentary shopping insurance. This card offers purchase protection insurance to cover new, eligible items against loss, theft or accidental damage. You can also get extended warranty coverage or make a claim through the guaranteed pricing scheme for any eligible items bought with your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum.
- Visa benefits. Get access to Visa's range of exclusive shopping and travel offers – such as hotel discounts or upgrades – which are listed on the Visa website and on the Visa Premium website. You can also enjoy exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Entertainment.
- Mobile payment technology. Use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with this card by adding it to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay account. The ANZ Frequent Flyer is also compatible with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $295, which is made up of a $240 annual account fee and a $55 rewards program services fee.
- Rates and fees. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum offers cardholders a 20.24% p.a. interest rate on purchases and a 20.24% p.a. interest rate on cash advances.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Note interest-free days do not apply for cash advances or balance transfers..
- International transaction fee. This card charges a fee worth 3% of each transaction made overseas or online with a merchant that's located overseas.
- Security. This card offers 24/7 account monitoring through the ANZ Falcon service, as well as zero liability for fraudulent transactions. You'll also be able to get worldwide emergency card replacement if anything happens to your card.