Repay your debt with 0% p.a. interest for 18 months (reverts to standard balance transfer rate of 21.49% p.a.) with a long-term balance transfer offer from ANZ.
The ANZ First Visa is a straightforward credit card that features a low annual fee of $30 per year and offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. This card also offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. interest for 18 months to help you save money on interest as you pay off your debt.
|Product Name||ANZ First Visa Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 18 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Standard Balance Transfer Revert Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- This card comes with a low annual fee of $30.
- Enjoy an introductory balance transfer of 0% p.a. for the first 18 months.
- This card also offers a low minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- The interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers is high compared to other cards in this price bracket.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
- There are only 44 interest-free days on purchases compared with most other cards that have 55 and there is no interest holiday on purchases when you first get this card.
Benefits of the ANZ First Visa Card
The First Visa from ANZ gives you a number of money-saving benefits to consider when weighing it against other credit cards, including:
- Long-term balance transfer offer. If your application is approved, you can transfer up to 95% of your available balances from your other non-ANZ store and credit cards. Enjoy 0% p.a. interest for 18 months on balance transfers. A 2% balance transfer fee applies for this offer and any balance remaining after the balance transfer promotion has ended will attract interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Complimentary extended warranty. The card offers complimentary extended warranty coverage to eligible items purchased with the card. This can double the manufacturer’s expressed warranty by up to 12 months. This offer is only relevant to products with an Australian warranty, and may not cover purchases made overseas.
- Complimentary purchase protection insurance. This insurance offers cover against loss, theft or accidental damage on most personal items purchased with the card, for three months from the date of purchase.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 44 days interest-free on purchases made with the ANZ First Visa Card.
- Visa Entertainment. This complimentary Visa program gives you access to pre-sales for concert tickets, movie screenings and other special offers.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay and Google Pay let you use your Apple or Android device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ First Visa Card
Make sure you consider the following features when comparing the ANZ First Visa Card to other options:
- Annual fee. You will be charged a $30 annual fee on your first statement, and for each subsequent year you have the card.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a standard variable purchase rate of 19.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card for a cash advance, a 21.49% p.a. interest rate will apply from the time of the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. Cash advance transactions in Australia attract a fee of 2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) the total transaction. 2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) applies for cash advances overseas.
- International transaction fee. A currency conversion rate of 3% applies for foreign currency transactions.
- Security. You are protected 24/7 with Falcon security fraud monitoring, as well as access to worldwide emergency services. The ANZ Fraud Money Back Guarantee also ensures that you won't be liable for fraudulent transactions on your ANZ credit card account.
How to apply for the ANZ First Visa Card
You can apply for the ANZ First Visa Credit Card online in around 5 minutes by clicking on the "Go to site" button. You'll then get a response within 60 seconds of submitting the completed application. Before you do that though, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your supporting documentation and information on hand.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen, or hold a 457 working visa that is valid for at least an additional 9 months. This card is also available for New Zealand citizens.
- You must earn a minimum of $15,000 per year (before taxes). Note that different minimum income requirements may apply for students and non-residents.
- You must have good credit history.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, email address, date of birth and contact number.
- Identification. You will need to provide a valid Australian driver’s licence number or your passport to help verify your identity.
- Income and employment details. You will need to provide details of your employment status and employer. If you are self-employed, ANZ will ask for information about your accountant. You may also be required to submit recent payslips or tax statements.
- Financial details. Provide a list of all of your current financial obligations, including any credit card debts, personal loans or mortgages, as well as ongoing household expenses. If you plan on taking advantage of the balance transfer offer, you will also need specific details regarding those accounts, including the institution name, account number and amount to be transferred.
The ANZ First Visa is a basic credit card product with a low annual fee, complimentary purchase insurance covers and interest-free days if you pay the balance in full on each statement. Compare this card to a range of other options so that you can apply for a product that is right for you.Back to top