Enjoy a low annual fee, mobile payment compatibility and an introductory balance transfer offer with the ANZ First credit card.
The ANZ First offers an annual fee of $30, up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and mobile payments through a range of platforms – including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Balance transfer rate
for 18 months with 2% balance transfer fee
Interest free period
|Product Name||ANZ First|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 18 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (20.24%)|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Low annual fee of $30
- Introductory balance transfer of 0% p.a. for the first 18 months
- Low minimum credit limit of $1,000
- The interest rates on purchases and balance transfers are high compared to other cards in this price bracket.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to applyIf you've compared your options and decided on the ANZ First, you can apply online in around 5 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete your application.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- New cardholder. The balance transfer offer on this card is only available to new cardholders who request a balance transfer from a non-ANZ card(s) at the time of the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Employment details. This includes your current job title, your income from work and your employer's contact details. You will also need to provide documents that verify your income, such as recent payslips. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide details for your accountant, along with your most recent tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments and benefits, savings or pensions. You'll also need to provide a list of all of your current financial obligations, including credit card payments, personal and home loans.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you will need to include details of the debt you want to transfer when you apply. This includes the name of your existing provider, the account number and the amount of debt you want transferred.
- Balance transfer offer. If you want to save money on interest from existing credit or store card debt, this card offers a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for the first 18 months, with a one-time balance transfer fee of 2%. After the introductory period, any remaining balance will be charged at the standard balance transfer rate of 20.24% p.a. Note that you cannot transfer balance from cards issued by ANZ and you must make the request upon application.
- Extended warranty. The ANZ First comes with complimentary extended warranty cover for eligible items you buy with the card. This cover gives you a way to double an Australian manufacturer's warranty by up to 12 months.
- Purchase protection insurance. Pay for your purchases with the ANZ First and you can get insurance against loss, theft or accidental damage for 3 months from the date you bought the item. This cover is available for most personal items.
- Mobile payment technology. You can add your ANZ First to a range of mobile payment platforms, including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, as well as Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- Visa benefits. You receive complimentary access to Visa Entertainment, which gives you access to pre-sale tickets, movie screenings and other special offers. The Visa Australia website also provides a range of shopping and travel offers, such as hotel discounts or upgrades, special offers with online stores and perks with partner restaurants.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The ANZ First charges an annual fee of $30, which is competitive with other entry-level cards.
- Purchase interest rate. If you carry a balance on this card, you'll be charged interest at the rate of 20.24% p.a. for any new purchases you make.
- Interest-free days. If you pay off the required closing balance by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases during your statement period. If you have promotional balances from relevant balance transfer plans, instalment plans and buy now pay later plans, you will need to pay the full Adjusted Closing Balance listed on your statement to be eligible for interest-free days. This is calculated as your closing balance less the sum of any relevant promotional plans.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to get cash out or for any other cash advance transaction, a variable interest rate of 20.24% p.a. applies.
- Cash advance fee. Cash advances made with this card will attract a fee worth 2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- International transaction fee. This card charges a fee of 3% of each transaction made overseas or online with a merchant that's located overseas.
- Additional cards. If you want to share your account with your partner or a family member, you can request up to 3 additional cardholders for your ANZ First account for no extra charge. Note that you will still be responsible for all account management – including repayments.