Manage your business spending, earn Qantas Points for your expenses and enjoy an introductory 100,000 bonus points when you apply before 29 March 2018.
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card offers a suite of benefits for businesses, including up to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent, additional cards for employees, expense tracking features and complimentary travel insurance. It also offers a bonus 100,000 Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first two months after account approval. This introductory offer is only available if you apply and are approved by 29 March 2018.
|Product Name||American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Offer end date||29 March 2018|
|Annual fee||$450 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$450 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||Payment in full required each month|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||99|
- Get 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply, are approved by 29 March 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of card approval.
- Earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights on top of the standard earn rate when you use your card to pay for flights.
- Receive two complimentary domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per card membership year.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $450.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Bonus Points||100,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1.25|
Review of the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
Designed for companies with an annual turnover of up to $10 million, this charge card allows you to make interest-free purchases for up to 51 days each statement period. Unlike a business credit card, it has no interest rate or credit limit but does require you to pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement.
In terms of rewards, most of your everyday spending will earn a competitive 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent. This drops to 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance (excluding policies from Amex) and government agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office. Additionally, you can get 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on all Qantas products and services. The points you earn are pooled in your company’s Qantas Business Rewards account, with complimentary membership available through this card. Points can then be transferred to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member account, so you can reward yourself and your employees.
Features and benefits of the Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card
Highlights of the Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card include:
- Bonus 100,000 Qantas Points. If you’re approved for this card by 29 March 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first two months, you’ll get a bonus 100,000 Qantas Points credited to your Qantas Business Rewards account.
- Triple Qantas Points for business flights. Use this card to book business travel through Qantas Business Rewards and you’ll earn triple Qantas Points on eligible flights through this rewards program.
- Points per $1 spent. This card earns 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on all Qantas products and services, 1.25 points per $1 spent on everyday purchases and 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, non-American Express insurance policies and government bodies.
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership. While a Qantas Business Rewards membership usually costs $89.50, there is no membership fee if your business has the American Express Qantas Business Reward Card.
- Qantas Club lounge invitations. Enjoy two complimentary domestic Qantas Club lounge invitations per card membership year.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for you, your partner, your dependents and any supplementary card members when you use your card to purchase return domestic or international flights. For full terms and conditions, read the insurance policy booklet available on the American Express website.
- Accounting features and services. With this card, you can download your statements and transaction details, view balance sheets and keep track of business expenditures using Quicken, MYOB or Microsoft Excel. You can set up an automatic transaction feed through MYOB by linking this card to your MYOB account.
What if my suppliers don't accept Amex?
With this card, you can use the American Express AccessLine platform to make payments to domestic and international merchants, even if they don’t accept American Express card payments. Just pre-register your suppliers and make payments through the online system using your Amex card. A 2.4% trade service fee applies for this option.
Rates and fees for the Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card
Costs to consider before signing up for the Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card:
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $450.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 99 supplementary cards at no extra cost.
- Repayments. This is a charge card, so the balance must be paid in full by the due date on each statement.
- Interest-free period. This card offers up to 51 days interest-free for each statement period. Note that the number of interest-free days will depend on when in your statement cycle each purchase is made. As an example, a transaction made on the first day of your statement period would be interest-free for the full 51 days, while a transaction on the second day would get 50 days interest-free, and one made on day 50 of your statement cycle would be interest-free for one day only.
How to apply for the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
You can apply for the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card online by clicking the “Go to Site” button on this page. For quicker processing, make sure you meet the following application criteria and have all the relevant details and documents on hand:
- Are you over 18 years of age? You must meet this age requirement to apply for a credit card.
- What is your Australian residency status? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
- What is your credit history? You must have no history of bad debts or payment defaults.
- Do you meet the corporate spending limit? This card is designed for businesses with an annual turnover up to $10 million.
Required documents and details
- Personal details. You will need to provide personal information including your full name, contact number and email address. You’ll also need to provide the details of your personal pre-tax income.
- Business details. This includes your business name, contact details and business financial information.
- Qantas Business Rewards details. You will need to provide the details of your Qantas Business Rewards membership to earn points with this card.
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card gives you up to 51 days to pay off your account, Qantas Points for your spending and tools to help make expense management easier for your business. Make sure you compare this card to other business credit cards and charge cards to help determine which one will best suit your company’s spending habits and needs.Back to top