The American Express Corporate Gold Card gives you a way to manage spending across all areas of your company, with a choice between combined or full corporate liability for the account. It also offers complimentary travel insurance for domestic and international business trips. If you opt-in to Membership Rewards, you can use the points you earn for rewards including gift cards, travel bookings and point transfers to Velocity Frequent Flyer and other partnered programs.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
- Bonus points
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $105 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 51 days
The American Express Corporate Gold is a charge card account suited to larger businesses with annual turnovers of $10 million or more. Its expense management features include customisable limits on employee cards, real-time transaction data and SAP Concur integration. It also offers 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points when you apply as a new Amex corporate card member and spend $10,000 on eligible purchases in the first 2 months from approval. That's enough points for $375 worth of shopping at David Jones, Webjet or helloworld, as an example.
75,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points offer
1.5 points per $1 on most eligible spending and 1 point per $1 for spending with government bodies
No pre-set spending limit and up to 51 days cash flow
Complimentary travel insurance
$89 annual rewards fee to earn Membership Rewards points
3% foreign currency conversion fee
No online application
|Product Name||American Express Corporate Gold Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||0%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Card type||American Express|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Membership Rewards Ascent|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
How to apply
You can apply for the American Express Corporate Gold Card by selecting the “Speak to a specialist” option on the Amex website. This takes you to a short request form so that an Amex specialist can contact you about your application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the requirements and have all the details you need on hand.
- Business revenue. Your annual business revenue must be at least $10 million.
- Valid ABN. This charge card requires your business to have a valid ABN and be registered for GST.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history and no payment defaults.
- Residency. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a charge credit card.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, contact number and residential address. You also need to provide valid ID, such as your Australian driver's licence, passport or Medicare details.
- Business details. This includes your business name and annual business revenue.
- Financial details. You'll be asked to include your business's ABN as well as proof of personal income and business turnover including recent payslips and bank statements.
- 75,000 bonus points. When you apply as a new Amex corporate card member and spend $10,000 on eligible purchases in the first 2 months of card membership, you'll get 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points. To earn these points, you need to enrol in Membership Rewards, which attracts a yearly $89 fee.
- Membership Rewards. The Amex Corporate Gold Card offers 1.5 points per $1 on most eligible spending, and 1 point per $1 spent with government bodies (including the ATO). You can also choose to let employees with additional cards earn points. The rewards you can redeem with your points include gift cards, statement credit, as well as shopping with David Jones, PayPal and Myer. You can also transfer your points to 9 different frequent flyer and loyalty program partners, including Velocity Frequent Flyer and Air New Zealand Airpoints. Just keep in mind that a $89 Membership Rewards fee applies each year.
- Complimentary travel insurance for business trips. This card offers complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for you and your employees when you use it to book a return business trip. This includes travel accident cover, emergency medical expense cover, baggage and personal possessions cover and travel inconvenience cover for delays and missed connections. As with any insurance policy, the conditions vary and you should read the product disclosure statement for full details.
- Expense and account management tools. Keep track of expenses, check policy compliance and create a range of reports through the Amex app and American Express @ Work online platform. If you use Concur for expense claims, you can also link your account to speed up the process.
- Mobile wallets. You can add the American Express Corporate Gold Card to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay to make payments straight from your mobile phone or device.
Rates and fees
- Annual fee. The American Express Corporate Gold Card has an annual fee of $105. This is separate to the $89 annual fee to enrol in the Membership Rewards program.
- Spending limit. This card has no pre-set spending limit. Instead, purchases will be approved based on different factors including your current spending patterns, payment history and credit record.
- Repayments. This charge card gives you up to 51 days to pay off purchases. The actual number of days you have to settle payments is calculated based on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
- Account liability options. You can set up this account with liability for business charges only or for all charges made on cards that are linked to the account. Note that you'll be protected against unauthorised transactions regardless of which liability option you choose.
- Security features. As well as cover for unauthorised transactions, this card offers online fraud protection and worldwide emergency card replacement within 48 hours.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked