Youi vs Budget Direct Car Insurance
Youi and Budget Direct's policies offer several benefits: see which ones are best for you.
There are lots of reasons to sign up to a policy with Youi or Budget Direct car insurance, but we're here to help you find the features that matter most to you.
If you want emergency roadside assistance or a hire car following an accident that wasn't your fault, Youi might be the car insurance provider for you. If savings matter to you, then Budget Direct's driver-age restrictions or low kilometres policy could be the way to go.
What differences are there between Youi and Budget Direct car insurance?
Here are some of the main differences between Youi and Budget Direct car insurance:
- Personal property. Youi will pay up to $750 while Budget Direct will cover you for up to $500 and also up to Yes - $500 for child seats or capsules while in the car. Baby seat replacement is covered under 'additions to the car' with Youi.
- Counselling services. Youi will also pay for the reasonable costs of counselling sessions with an accredited counsellor for a claim made in relation to your legal liability. The most they will pay for each claim is $1,500 per household member.
- Emergency roadside assistance. Youi include emergency roadside assistance with their comprehensive car insurance policy.
How do the brands compare?
Budget Direct Comprehensive
|Underwriter||Youi Pty Ltd||Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd|
|Damage to other people's car|
|Bonuses||No||15% online discount|
|Agreed or market value||
Agreed or Market
Agreed or Market
|Choice of repairer||Optional||Optional|
|Legal liability||Yes - $20,000,000||Yes - $20,000,000|
|Fire and theft|
|Hire car after theft||Yes - Limit not mentioned - Up to 14 days||Yes - Up to $1,000 - Up to 14 days|
|Hire car after no fault accident|
|Hire car after at fault accident||Optional - Limit not mentioned - Up to 14 days||Optional - Up to $75 per day - Up to 14 days|
|Emergency repairs||Yes - $1,000||Yes - $500|
|Emergency travel and accommodation costs||Yes - $1,000||Yes - $1,000|
|New car replacement||2 years||2 year|
|Locks and keys replacement||Yes - $1,000||Yes - $1,000|
|Important||Limits, exclusions and terms and conditions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement.||Limits, exclusions and terms and conditions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement.|
|Get quote||Get quote|
What benefits do they offer?
Both Budget Direct and Youi offer several benefits with their policies. Listed below are some of the main highlights:
- Low kilometres policy. Budget Direct offers a low kilometres comprehensive policy which is available to those who drive less than 10,000kms in a year. Those who drive fewer kilometres are typically offered cheaper premiums.
- Driver-age restriction. Budget Direct also let you restrict your policy to drivers over a certain age to lower your premiums, including drivers aged 21+, 25+, 30+, 40+ or 50+.
- New car replacement. If you purchased a new car and it becomes a total loss in less than 2 years or before you have driven 40,000 km, Budget Direct will replace it with a new car of the same make, model and specification wherever possible. They will also pay the first 12 months registration.
- Tailored cover. With Youi car insurance, you can tailor your cover to suit your needs through a range of additional benefits including theft of tools, hire car replacement and emergency roadside assistance.
- Online Discounts. You'll receive a 15% discount on your first year's premium for a new policy purchased online with Budget Direct.
- Hail alert service. Budget Direct's hail alert service, Hail Hero, is available to all policyholders to help you avoid damaging your car in a storm.
Who is the underwriter for Youi and Budget Direct?Youi Pty Ltd is a registered general insurance company which means that it underwrites its own policies. They are regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and are part of OUTsurance International Holdings Pty Limited and Rand Merchant Insurance Holdings Group (RMIH), an international insurance provider.Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd underwrite Budget Direct's car insurance policies.
Why you can trust Finder's car insurance experts
You pay the same as buying directly from the car insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of car insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
Since 2014, we've helped 300,000+ people find car insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.
We're here to help
More guides on Finder
Not at fault car accident
What you need to know about insurance if you’re involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
Do I need car insurance in Australia?
Yes, you need car insurance to protect you from expensive bills following an accident.
Allianz vs AAMI car insurance
Allianz vs AAMI – compare policies side by side and see who has what matters to you.
How long after a car accident can you claim?
Find out how long you have to file your car insurance claim.
Choice of repairer car insurance
Not sure if you should go with your own repairer or your insurer's favourite? Learn the pros and cons of each here.
Compare Car Insurance NSW
Your guide to getting car insurance in NSW.
Short term car insurance Australia
Find out what short term car insurance options are available in Australia.
Car insurance cover notes explained
Car insurance cover notes are no longer available in Australia. Read on to learn why and what your alternatives are.
Car insurance for P-platers
Find affordable and comprehensive car insurance for P-platers with this handy guide.
How much is car insurance?
How much does car insurance cost and what factors affect your premium? Your comprehensive guide here.