UniBank Credit Card
Get an introductory interest rate of 7.9% p.a. for the first 6 months and no annual fee for life with the UniBank Visa credit card.
The Unibank Credit Card is a low rate account that offers a 6-month introductory rate of 7.9% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers when you apply as a new cardholder. It also offers mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 11.5% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||UniBank Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||7.9% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (11.5%)|
|Purchase rate||7.9% for 6 months, reverts to 11.5% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.5% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$25,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.9%|
- Offers an introductory rate of 7.9% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months
- An annual fee of $0 for the life of the card
- Extra protection with Visa Zero Liability
- Does not offer a rewards program or travel insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.9%|
|Cash advance fee||$4.50|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$4.50|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
This low-cost credit card from UniBank has no annual fee for life and a variable interest rate of 11.5% p.a. after the promotional 6-month period ends. The introductory rate on this card could save you a little bit on purchases or balance transfers you make during the promotional period, but it’s not as competitive as the 0% p.a. introductory rates offered by other cards.
The rest of the features on the UniBank Credit Card are simple. It offers contactless payments through both the Visa card and any mobile devices you have set up with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. It also offers interest-free days on purchases if you pay your full balance by the due date on each statement. Plus you get access to Visa’s zero liability policy for fraudulent transactions, Visa Secure protection when you shop online and exclusive offers for shopping, entertainment, dining and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
How to apply
You can apply for the UniBank credit card online in around 15 minutes by filling in a secure application. If you’re a UniBank member, you can sign into you account to apply. If you're not a member, you can join for a $10 fee at the start of the application.
As part of the process, you’ll need to make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the relevant documents and details on hand to complete your application
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to join UniBank and to apply for a credit card.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details and relationship status. If you're signing up as a member, you also need to provide valid ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment information. This covers your main source of income and includes details of your current role, length of time in the position and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, bank statements or your latest ATO tax assessment notice to verify these details.
- Financial information. As well as your income, you need to share details of your savings, any other assets, as well as existing debts, loans and cards. You also have to give an estimate of your share of regular household expenses, such as rent, mortgage repayments, utility bills and grocery shopping.
- Low introductory rate. This card offers an introductory rate of 7.9% p.a. for the first 6 months, which applies to both purchases and balance transfers.
- $0 annual fee. The UniBank Credit Card charges no annual fee, ever. This could save you money compared to other low rate cards that do charge an annual fee.
- Mobile payments. Make payments straight from your phone or other device by adding this card to your account with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. Then, just tap your phone at the checkout instead of pulling out your card.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Not sure how interest-free days work? We go through the details in this guide.
- Visa benefits. You can use this card to shop in-person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. Plus, get access to seasonal offers through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Security. Get 24-hour support through the lost and stolen card hotline (1800 864 864) and zero liability for fraudulent transactions. When you shop online, Visa Secure gives you an added layer of protection at participating websites.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. Outside of any promotions, the UniBank Credit Card has a variable interest rate of 11.5% p.a. that applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Cash advance transactions. If you use this card to withdraw cash or make any other cash advance transactions at other financial institutions (not UniBank), a fee of $4.50 per transaction applies. Cash advances are also not eligible for interest-free days, so you'll be charged interest from the date of the cash advance.
- Currency conversion fee. If you're shopping online or overseas, be aware that any transactions that are made in another currency and then converted to Australian dollars will attract a fee worth 2.9% of the transaction.