Take advantage of a $0 first year annual fee, 90 interest-free days on purchases and extra security with MOTION CODE technology.
The Skye Mastercard offers 90 days interest-free on everyday purchases, as well as 9-, 12- or 15-month interest-free instalment plans at selected retailers.
It’s also the first Australian credit card to have a dynamic CVV thanks to MOTION CODE technology. This means that the 3-digit security code on the back of your card will refresh every hour, offering you extra protection against fraudulent transactions.
As well as these benefits, you can enjoy a $0 annual fee in the first year ($99 p.a. thereafter) when you apply for the Skye Mastercard through a participating webpage.
for the first year ($99 p.a. thereafter)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Skye Mastercard - Online Offer|
|Purchase Rate||23.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||90 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$1,000|
|Maximum Credit Limit||$50,000|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
- Apply online and save with a $0 first year annual fee ($99 p.a. thereafter).
- This is the first Australian credit card that features MOTION CODE technology which provides your card extra security against fraudulent transactions.
- Enjoy a generous 90 days interest-free period giving you more breathing space to pay off your purchases.
- This card charges 0% foreign transaction fees on online and overseas purchases.
- This card charges high interest rates on purchases and cash advances when promotional rates expire.
- A $20 fee applies for using the MOTION CODE technology feature.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Amy is an editor and writer at finder.com.au with more than 10 years experience covering credit cards, personal finance and various lifestyle topics. When she’s not sharing her knowledge on money matters, Amy spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
You can submit a secure, online application in a few minutes through the Skye Mastercard website. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You should only apply for this card if you have clean credit file without any black marks (such as defaults or previous bankruptcy listings).
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or Australian passport to help verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your current position at work, your salary and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide several recent payslips as supporting documentation for your application.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you'll need to share details of any other forms of income and assets such as savings. You'll also need to include details of any existing debts, such as loans or credit cards as well as estimates of everyday expenses such as rent and bills.
- $0 annual fee offer. Apply online through a participating webpage (such as www.skyecard.com.au/SKY29) and save with a first-year annual fee waiver.
- 0% foreign transaction fees. The Skye Mastercard charges a 0% foreign transaction fee when you're travelling overseas or shopping online with an international retailer.
- 90 days interest-free on purchases. This card offers an interest-free period of 90 days on every purchase you make (excludes cash advances). At the end of the 90-day period, the standard purchase rate will apply to the balance. Note that you will still need to make minimum payments on your account by the due date listed on each statement.
- MOTION CODE security feature. Get another layer of security for online transactions by requesting MOTION CODE technology on your Skye Mastercard. If you're approved, you'll be issued with a card that has a digital CVV security code that changes every hour. Note that this feature comes with a $20 fee.
- Interest-free installment plan options. The Skye Mastercard offers interest-free installment plans of 9-, 12- and 15-months when you use it for purchases of $250 or more at partner retailers. SkyePlan instalment plans are subject to approval and attract an establishment fee that's calculated based on the total balance you want to pay off in installments.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges an annual fee of $99 p.a.
- Purchase rate. The standard purchase rate is 23.99% p.a. This means interest charges will quickly add up if you don't pay off purchases within the 90 interest-free days.
- Cash advance rate. The Skye Mastercard has a cash advance interest rate of 25.99% p.a. This rate applies to both cash advance transactions from the date they are made.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this credit card for a cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a cash advance fee of 3% or $3 (whichever is greater).
- Promotional rates. Occasionally, Skye may offer you a promotional interest rate for certain transactions or for a specific period of time. When that's the case, the promotional rate will apply for spending that meets the terms and conditions of the offer. At the end of the promotional period, an "expired promotional rate" of 25.99% p.a. will apply to any remaining balance you carry from purchases made during the promotional period.
- Payment handling fee. A fee of $0.95 applies each time you make a payment to the account via BPAY.
- Additional cardholder fee. Request up to 4 additional cardholders added to your Skye Mastercard account for 10% p.a. per card.
- MOTION CODE fee. A fee of $20 applies for any Skye Mastercard credit card that includes the MOTION CODE security technology.
- Instalment payment plan fee. If you request a SkyePlan instalment payment plan, you'll be charged a fee that's calculated as a percentage of the total amount payable on the card purchase selected.