Real Comprehensive Car Insurance
Get peace of mind with Real Comprehensive Car Insurance and save 10% when you buy online.
Looking for comprehensive car insurance? Multi-award-winning Real Insurance could have a policy to meet all your needs.
Get quotes for Real Car Insurance
What we like about this policy
- Save 10% when you buy online.
- Access 24/7 claims lodgement and emergency assistance.
- Have your car assessed by everyday repairers, not assessment centres.
- Tailor your policy to suit your needs with up to three optional extras.
- Feel confident knowing you’re insured by a multi-award-winning company.
What am I covered for?
- Theft, accidents, fire or weather damage
- Damage to other people’s car or property
- Emergency repairs and towing costs
- Up to 14 days with a hire car if your car is stolen
- A new for old replacement car if your car is a total loss in the first two years
- Up to $1,000 lock and key replacement if your car keys are stolen
- Up to $500 damaged or lost personal property inside your car
- Up to $500 damaged or lost child safety seats and prams inside your car
- Accommodation costs if a claim takes place over 200km from your home
- Damages to your caravan or trailer if either is damaged while being towed
- Loss or damage to your car during transport anywhere in Australia
What additional options should I consider?
- Excess-free windscreen cover. Real Insurance will pay to replace or repair your car windscreen if it’s accidentally broken or damaged.
- Hire car cover. Real Insurance can organise and pay for a rental car if your vehicle is damaged or stolen.
- Hollard roadside assistance. Real Insurance gives you access to this nationwide 24-hour emergency roadside assistance service 365 days a year.
Are there any exclusions I should be aware of?
Real Insurance won’t pay your claim in certain circumstances, including if your car:
- was driven by someone younger than any age restriction on your Certificate of Insurance
- was driven by a learner driver unaccompanied by a fully-licensed driver
- was driven by someone not legally licensed to drive it, or not complying with their licence conditions
- was driven by someone under the influence of any drug or alcohol, and/or whose blood alcohol level was over the legal limit
- was driven by someone who refused to undergo drug or alcohol tests when asked to do so by the police
- was damaged as a result of the wrong fuel being used
- was damaged or stolen when you did not take reasonable steps to protect it
- had pre-existing damage, faulty workmanship or incomplete repairs prior to the claim being made
- suffered mechanical, electrical or computer breakdowns
- had tyres damaged by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts
- was damaged as a result of wear and tear, rust or corrosion
- was modified or fitted with non-standard accessories without Real Insurance’s prior written consent
- was driven while in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- was used to move dangerous goods or substances in greater quantities than those permitted for domestic use
- was being used as a courier or delivery vehicle
- was being used for motor sports
- was being used to carry more passengers or a greater load than it was designed for
- was being driven outside Australia
Why comprehensive cover?
Suffered from a hit-and-run? Accidentally hit a pole that you swear wasn’t there? Comprehensive cover has your back.
It’s also the only policy type that will cover your own car if you get in an accident.
Comprehensive car insurance is the highest level of insurance available. Here’s how it compares with other cover types:
|Benefit||Comprehensive||Fire & Theft||TPPD|
|Theft or attempted theft|
|Damage to other people’s property|
|New for old car replacement (24 months)|
|Hire car after theft (up to $70 per day for up to 14 days)|
|Trailer and caravan cover (up to $1,000)|
|Essential repairs (up to $500)|
|Personal property (up to $500)|
|Child safety seats and prams (up to $500)|
|Emergency travel and accommodation costs (up to $500)|
|Locks and keys (up to $1,000)|
|Towing costs (reasonable costs)|
|Uninsured motorist extension benefit (up to $3,000)|
|Substitute car (legal liability cover)|
|Excess-free windscreen cover|
|Hire car cover|
Other things to know about Real’s Comprehensive policy
- 14-day cooling-off period: If you decide this policy isn’t for you and you haven’t yet made a claim, you can cancel within 14 days.
- Pay As You Drive cover: If you want comprehensive cover but don’t drive that often, the Pay As You Drive option offers you a discounted premium based on the distance you estimate you’ll drive during the insurance period.
- Online discount: Save 10% when you purchase your policy online.
Ask an Expert