Qantas Premier Titanium credit card
Earn 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirement and get 20% bonus Status Credits on eligible Qantas flights.
Apply for the Qantas Premier Titanium credit card by 28 February 2022 and you’ll earn 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 in the first 90 days from approval. You also earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 on all eligible spending in Australia (capped at $12,500 per statement period) and 2 points per $1 spent overseas.
The Qantas Premier Titanium also offers 20% bonus Status Credits on eligible Qantas flights booked with your card, flight discounts and complimentary Qantas First Lounge invitations. It has an annual fee of $1,200.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Qantas Premier Titanium|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 within 90 days.
- 20% bonus Status Credits on eligible Qantas flights.
- 10% off eligible Qantas flights for up to 2 travellers twice per year.
- Two complimentary single-entry lounge invitations to Qantas First Lounges.
- The $1,200 annual fee is very high.
- The spend cap of $12,500 before the lower 0.5 points/$1 earn rate kicks in is relatively low.
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.25|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$100|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Qantas Premier Titanium is a top-tier credit card designed for big spenders and earners, with a minimum income requirement of $200,000 and a hefty annual fee of $1,200. With 150,000 bonus points, you could get two return business class flights from Brisbane to Adelaide (110,400 points) or $750 worth of Woolworths Group digital gift cards (142,500 points for three $250 gift cards).
The earn rates on this card are generous, giving you the potential to earn up to 3.25 points per $1 spent offered when you’re booking Qantas flights or paying for other Qantas services – although most of your everyday spending in Australia will earn 1.25 points per $1 spent (up to $12,500 per statement period). You can also get 2 points per $1 spent by shopping with overseas retailers, either in-store or online.
This card is packed with other perks, including 20% bonus Status Credits on Qantas flights, flight discounts, Qantas First Lounge invitations and complimentary travel insurance. But you should look at how much value you’re likely to get from these features to see if it justifies the card’s annual fee.
How to apply
You can apply for the Qantas Premier Titanium credit card online by filling in a secure application form. Before you begin your application, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information ready.
- Income. You must earn at least $200,000 per year.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident and have an Australian residential address and mobile phone.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. This offer is only available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members but you can get a complimentary membership when you sign up for this card.
- New customer. This offer isn't available to existing Qantas Premier primary cardholders.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Personal details. You need to include your full name, date of birth, contact details as well as details of your marital status and any dependents. You also need to provide your driver's licence, passport or Medicare details as proof of ID.
- Employment. You'll be asked to confirm your employment and annual income, including payslips that are less than 45 days old or 3 bank statements.
- Finances. This includes your household expenses (such as rent and bills), loan and credit card repayments.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer details. You'll need your Qantas Frequent Flyer number and PIN when you start the application.
- Bonus Status Credits. You'll get 20% bonus Status Credits on eligible Qantas flights paid in full with your card. This will make it easier to climb the Qantas Status tiers to earn more Qantas Points and enjoy exclusive travel perks like Qantas Lounge access, priority boarding and extra checked baggage allowance. This offer excludes the ability to attain or retain Platinum One Status.
- 150,000 bonus Qantas Points. New cardholders will score 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 28 February 2022 and spend $5,000 within 90 days of approval. Your points will be credited to your account within 6 to 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. Not sure what to do with your Qantas Points? Check out this guide for examples of what you can redeem them for – and tips on how to make the most of them.
- Competitive Qantas Points earn rates. You'll earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent capped at $12,500 per statement period. After that, you'll collect 0.5 Qantas Points per $1. You'll earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on foreign transactions and 2 additional points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas spend.
- Qantas flight discounts. Save on travel costs with a 10% discount on Qantas operated flights for up to two bookings per year for two people on all fare classes (including both international and domestic flights).
- Lounge invitations. Each year you'll receive two Qantas First Lounge Invitations and two additional Lounge Invitations. The perks will vary between lounges, but you can usually look forward to high speed Wi-Fi, shower and toilet facilities plus complimentary dining, barista-made coffee and a fully stocked bar.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The complimentary insurance includes medical emergency, travel cancellation and purchase protection. Your additional cardholders are also covered. Please see the complimentary insurance booklet for the eligibility requirements, exclusions and other terms and conditions.
- Metal card design. The premium perks of this card are embodied in its unique metal design.
- 6 months interest-free on first Qantas purchase. When you use your card to pay for your first Qantas transaction (such as flights, Qantas Club fees, Qantas gift vouchers, Qantas Store, Qantas Wine purchases and more) you'll pay no interest for the first 6 months.
- Concierge service. Whether you need help making a restaurant reservation or booking your next holiday, you can get assistance from your Qantas Premier concierge service.
- Balance transfer offer. You can repay an existing debt and save on interest with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months. This offer is available to new customers who sign up by 6 and transfer debts from non-Citi accounts.
- Qantas Money app. You can manage your credit card balance, Qantas Frequent Flyer Points and browse the latest Card Offers through the Qantas Money app.
- Mobile technology. Simply link this Qantas Premier Titanium credit card to Apple Pay and start using your eligible device to make contactless payments when you shop.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $1,200 annual fee.
- Purchase interest rate. You'll collect a 19.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for cash advances (such as ATM withdrawals), you'll attract the 21.99% cash advance interest rate.
- Minimum credit limit. This card has a minimum credit limit of $15,000.