Enjoy competitive rates and fees along with 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 14 months.
With the Macquarie RateSaver Card, you can enjoy 14 months of 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers. Couple that offer with interest rates of 15.95% p.a. and low card fees, and you can stand to save money with this credit card.
You can also enjoy additional features like interest-free days, exclusive Visa services, strong security features, and more.
|Product Name||Macquarie RateSaver Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 14 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (15.95% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||15.95% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$69 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$69 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the total balance or $50, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 3% of the value of the transaction|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
Macquarie RateSaver Card review
The Macquarie RateSaver Card offers competitive rates and fees, promotional rates on balance transfers and additional features like interest-free days. This card comes with an annual fee of $69. You'll also be required to pay 15.95% p.a. interest rate on purchases and a 21.95% p.a. rate on cash advances. There is also a $10 fee for each additional cardholder to your account. Compare some of the features, benefits and costs of the card below to determine whether this is the right card for you.
Benefits of the Macquarie RateSaver Card
- 15.95% p.a. interest rate. This low ongoing rate could help you keep your interest costs to a minimum in comparison to cards with a higher standard interest rate on purchases.
- Promotional balance transfer rate. You could repay an existing debt on another card faster and without the cost of high interest thanks to the 0% p.a. for 14 months balance transfer offer. After 14 months, this reverts back to the standard variable 15.95% p.a. rate.
- Earn up to 55 interest-free days with the RateSaver Card. If you pay off your ending balance by the due date, you will receive up to 55 days of interest-free purchases. This means that you can buy any items you want without having to worry about the standard 15.95% p.a. interest rate on purchases for 55 days.
- Visa Entertainment. Get exclusive offers for concerts, sporting events, and more with this service that includes pre-sale ticket offers. This is only available to Visa cardholders.
- Eligible for Android Pay. Once you register your card to the Android Pay feature, you can start making contactless payments using your Android device by simply tapping it on a contactless terminal whenever you shop at eligible merchants. Learn more here.
Features of the Macquarie RateSaver Card
There are a number of other features that you can get when you apply for the RateSaver Card.
- Annual fee. You'll have to pay $69 each year for the life of the card.
- Cash advance fee. When you withdraw cash using your RateSaver Card, you'll be charged a 21.95% p.a. rate.
- Round-the clock service. Enjoy 24/7 customer service as a RateSaver cardholder. Get your questions answered and your concerns addressed, whether it's day or night.
- Additional cardholders. You can choose to add an additional cardholder to your account for a $10 fee.
- Global access and availability. Use your card anywhere Visa is accepted. This includes 200 countries, over 30-million merchants and over 2 million ATM locations worldwide.
- Strong security features. You'll receive online fraud protection through your card so you can make online purchases with confidence.
- Zero liability policy. As a Visa cardholder, you'll be protected under Visa's Zero Liability policy. This 24/7 service monitors your account to protect you against fraudulent charges.
How to apply for the Macquarie RateSaver Card
Before you apply for this credit card offer, you should make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have prepared the necessary documents:
- You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for this offer.
- You have to be a permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen.
- You must make at least $50,000 (taxable) per year.
- You have to have a good credit history without defaults or bad debt.
To make the application process go smoothly, it's recommended that you have the necessary documents handy:
- To verify your identity, have a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card, and/or an Australian birth certificate.
- To verify your income, you'll need financial records, like payslips, available. If you have other income, like rent from an investment property, have that on hand, too.
- You'll need details of your financial assets and liabilities for the bank to see.
- Have the full name and address of your employer ready along with their telephone number.
If you're self-employed or retired, you can still apply for this offer. You'll just have to provide the bank with your accountant's information. This will allow the bank to verify your financial information.
The Macquarie RateSave Card offers you competitive rates and fees with beneficial additional features, including a promotional 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers. As this isn't the only low fee card on the market, you should compare your options before applying.Back to top