humm90 Mastercard – Balance Transfer Offer
Offers a long 0% balance transfer offer for 36 months with no balance transfer fee, but watch out for the revert rate.
If you're paying interest on your credit card debt, this offer could give you the breathing room you need to pay it off faster, and for less. Apply by 10 October 2021 and you’ll get a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for up to 36 months with no balance transfer fee. This is one of the longest balance transfer periods on the market right now, but keep in mind that at the end of the introductory period, a high 25.99% p.a. interest rate applies to any balance transfer debt you’re still paying off.
The humm90 Mastercard (formerly Skye Mastercard) has a $99 annual fee and also offers up to 110 days interest-free on everyday purchases, and 9-, 12- or 15-month 0% interest instalment plans for purchases of at least $250 or those made with selected retailers. Plus, other interest-free and cashback offers at selected retail partners.
Balance transfer rate
for 36 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||humm90 Mastercard - Balance Transfer Offer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 36 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (25.99%)|
|Balance transfer limit||90% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||23.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 110 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||25.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$50,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Joint application||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 36 months (with no BT fee)
- Up to 110 days interest-free period on everyday purchases
- Ability to convert large purchases into 9-, 12- or 15-month 0% p.a. instalment plans
- 0% foreign transaction fees on online and overseas purchases
- Very high interest rates on purchases and cash advances when promotional rates expire
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$35|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$10|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The humm90 Mastercard offers 3 years interest-free on balance transfers with no balance transfer fee. As an example, if you had a $5,000 balance currently being charged 20% p.a. interest, you could make monthly payments of about $148 and pay off the entire debt with $0 in interest during the 36-month period. This would ultimately save you about $2,437 in interest costs.
You also get different interest-free options depending on how you use this credit card. For everyday purchases, you can get up to 110 days interest-free. This is much longer than the 55 days offered by many other cards but its 23.99% p.a. purchase rate is also significantly higher than most cards on the market. If you know you'll pay the balance before the due date, this could be a great option. However, if you think you might carry a balance from month to month, you may want to consider a lower rate credit card.
If you're spending more than $250 in one go, the humm90 Mastercard also offers 9-, 12- or 15-month interest-free payment plans that you can request within 30 days of the purchase. Known as humm90WRAPs, these plans are subject to approval and attract an establishment fee of 3% for a 9-month plan, 4% for a 12-month plan and 5% for a 15-month plan. As well as instalment plans, the humm90 Mastercard offers interest-free plans for a range of retail partners including Flight Centre, IKEA and Bing Lee. Just be aware that details can also vary depending on the retail partner and an expired promotional rate of 25.99% p.a. applies if you don't meet the repayments – so make sure you go through all the details before signing up.
How to apply
To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Balance transfer debt. You can transfer up to 90% of your available credit limit from non-humm Group credit cards. You must request the balance transfer within 30 days of account opening.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history.check your credit score for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number.
- Identification. You'll need to provide details of your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card or Australian passport to help verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your current position at work, your salary and your employer's contact details. You'll also be asked to provide a recent bank statement to help verify your income. You can do this by emailing humm after submitting the application or by securely signing into your bank account during the application.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you'll need to share details of any other forms of income and assets such as savings. You'll also need to include details of any existing debts, such as loans or credit cards as well as estimates of everyday expenses such as rent and bills.
- Balance transfer information. If you want to take advantage of the 0% balance transfer offer, you need to request it within 30 days of approval. Once you're approved, you'll receive a Customer ID that you can use to log-in online or through the humm app and make your balance transfer request.
- 0% interest on balance transfers for up to 36 months with no balance transfer fee. You must apply by 10 October 2021 and request the balance transfer within 30 days of account opening. At the end of the introductory period, any unpaid balance will begin to accrue interest at the 25.99% p.a. interest rate. Heads up that you do not request the balance transfer during the application process. Once you're approved, you'll receive a Customer ID that you can use to log-in online or through the humm app and make the request.
- 110 days interest-free on purchases. This card offers an interest-free period of up to 110 days on every purchase you make (excludes cash advances). At the end of the 110-day period, the standard purchase rate will apply to the balance. Note that you will still need to make minimum payments on your account by the due date listed on each statement.
- 0% foreign transaction fees. The humm90 Mastercard charges a 0% foreign transaction fee when you're travelling overseas or shopping online with an international retailer.
- Interest-free instalment plan options. The humm90 Mastercard offers interest-free instalment plans of 9-, 12- and 15-months for purchases of $250 or more – known as humm90WRAP. These instalment plans attract an establishment fee as a percentage of the purchase amount (3% for a 9-month plan, 4% for a 12-month plan and 5% for a 15-month plan). This card also offers interest-free instalment plans of different lengths at partner retailers.
- 10% cashback with Brand Crush. Get the humm90 app and you'll unlock 24-hour Brand Crush offers that give you 10% cashback when you shop through the humm marketplace using your humm90 Mastercard. The cashback will be credited to your account within 7 days of meeting the offer requirements and you can get a maximum of $100 back for each Brand Crush offer. New Brand Crush offers are available on Thursdays up to 11:59pm AEST.
- Mobile payment technology. You can easily make payments upon check out using an eligible device if you register this card to your Apple Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99.
- Purchase rate. The standard purchase rate is 23.99% p.a. This means interest charges will quickly add up if you don't pay off purchases within the 110 interest-free days.
- Cash advance rate. The humm90 Mastercard has a cash advance interest rate of 25.99% p.a.. This rate applies to both cash advance transactions and cash withdrawals from the date they are made.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this credit card for a cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a cash advance fee of 3% or $30 (whichever is greater).
- Promotional rates. Occasionally, humm may offer you a promotional interest rate for certain transactions or for a specific period of time. When that's the case, the promotional rate will apply for spending that meets the terms and conditions of the offer.
- Payment handling fee. A fee of $0.95 applies each time you make a payment to the account via BPAY.
- Additional cardholder fee. Request up to 4 additional cardholders added to your humm90 Mastercard account for $10 per card.
- Instalment payment plan fee. If you request a humm90WRAP instalment payment plan, you'll be charged a fee that's calculated as a percentage of the total amount payable on the card purchase selected (3% for a 9-month plan, 4% for a 12-month plan and 5% for a 15-month plan).