HSBC Platinum Credit Card
No longer offered in the market
The HSBC Platinum credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Balance transfer rate
for 12 months
for the first 12 months (reverts to 19.99% p.a.)
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
- 0% for the first 12 months on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers with no balance transfer fee
- The $129 annual fee is refunded when you spend $6,000 on eligible purchases each year
- Includes complimentary travel and purchase protection insurances as well as a rewards program
- After the promotional balance transfer period, any balances remaining will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a.)
How to applyIf you've compared your options and decided the HSBC Platinum Credit Card is right for you, you can complete a secure application online. It will take around 10 minutes and you can receive a response within a few minutes. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents and information on hand.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $40,000 to apply for this card.
- Balance transfer debt. If you plan to take advantage of the balance transfer offer, you can transfer up to 90% of your available credit limit from Australian credit cards not issued by HSBC and you must request the balance transfer during the application.
- Residency. You must be an Australian resident. If you are a non-permanent resident, you must hold a current and valid visa.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history. You can check your credit score and get your comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, residential address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you'll need to provide details of the debt you want to transfer. This includes your account name, number and the BSB for your current provider.
- Employment details. This includes your job title, salary, length of employment, your employer’s contact details and recent payslips.
- Financial details. This covers any other assets, such as shares or savings, as well as existing debts, loans and liabilities. You'll also need to share details of your household expenses such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Pay 0% interest on purchases for 12 months. Apply by 31 December 2019 and you'll save with a 0% interest rate on purchases for the first 12 months. Any remaining balance after the introductory period will be charged a standard purchase rate, currently at 19.99% p.a.
- Pay off non-HSBC credit card debt. Apply for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card before 31 December 2019 to get a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any unpaid balance at the end of the promotional period will attract interest at the cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Ongoing annual fee refund. This card charges a standard $129 annual fee on the anniversary of the account opening date each year. If you spend $6,000 on eligible purchases within the following 12 months, the annual fee will be refunded.
- Airport lounge passes. Travel comfortably with a LoungeKey membership that gives you two, single-use airport lounge passes each year.
- Earn reward points. Earn 1 reward point per dollar spent on eligible domestic purchases with your HSBC Platinum Credit Card, capped at 10,000 per statement period. If you're spending overseas, you can look forward to 2 HSBC Reward Points per $1 spent. Points can be redeemed for cashback on your card, merchandise and travel and accommodation through HSBC Travel Rewards. Alternatively, you can convert your reward points to Velocity frequent flyer points and 2 Reward Points equals 1 Velocity frequent flyer point.
- Complimentary insurance package. Enjoy complimentary international travel insurance when you pay for at least 90% of your overseas return travel ticket with your HSBC Platinum credit card. You can also make use of complimentary transit accident insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty cover and guaranteed pricing insurance.
- Mobile payment compatibility. HSBC credit cards are compatible with the Apple Pay and Google Pay wallets, meaning you can use your eligible smart device to make contactless payments.
- Instant Savings. This card includes free membership to Frequent Values by Entertainment Publications. Get access to over 4,500 offers from participating restaurants, supermarkets, hotels and more across Australia and New Zealand.
Rates & fees
- Purchase interest rate. Outside of any promotions, the HSBC Platinum charges a on purchases. You will also get up to 55 days interest-free when you make a purchase on the card and you pay your account in full each month (excluding any balance transfer or instalment plan amounts).
- Additional cardholders. Add an additional cardholder to your account for $0. When additional cardholders make an eligible purchase on their supplementary card, the primary cardholder earns points and is liable for these transactions.
- Fraud protection. You'll carry no liability if you're the victim of card fraud. The Visa Zero Liability Policy gives you a money back guarantee if your account is compromised.
- Visa cardholder benefits. You can take advantage of Visa benefits including Visa Platinum concierge service and Visa Entertainment.