HSBC Corporate Card
Enjoy flexibility and control with individual spend limits, management features and multiple billing and statement options.
The HSBC Corporate Card gives established businesses easy means to manage expenses across their employee base. It comes with detailed information surrounding business expenses, both, at an individual cardholder and consolidated levels. What also helps is the ability to set individual spending limits for employees as per business requirements.
Interest free period
|Product Name||HSBC Corporate Card|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$129 p.a.|
|Interest free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Complimentary travel insurance||Yes|
|Minimum age||18 years of age|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Complimentary insurance covers
- Provides access to detailed reporting through Visa IntelliLink
- 24-hour toll-free telephone support service
- Its cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a. is relatively high
- Charges a late payment fee of $30
|Annual fee||$129 p.a.|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can get in touch with an HSBC Commercial Banking expert over the phone or by completing a simple online form. If you wish to submit your enquiry online, take into account that HSBC Commercial Banking designs its products and services to meet the requirements of established businesses that have a minimum annual turnovers of three million dollars.
- Residency. You are an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident.
- Credit history. You'll need to have a good credit history with no evidence of bankruptcy.
- Age. This card is only available to applicants who are at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, residential status, marital status, number of dependents and contact details.
- Business information. This includes your business name, ABN, tax file number and details of your additional cardholders.
- Proof of identification. Such as your Australian drivers licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Finances. You'll need to include your after tax income, the frequency of your income as well as details regarding any assets or liabilities.
- Spend control. What sets this corporate credit card apart from many others is that while it enables you to set spending limits at individual employee levels, you can also do so as departmental and business unit levels. This gives you greater flexibility when it comes to setting financial control parameters.
- Management of expenses. This corporate Visa card gives you online access to detailed reporting through Visa IntelliLink. Through this, you can look forward to analysing spending based on categories like employees, merchants, and suppliers. You can interface IntelliLink with existing systems and look forward to even more efficiency.
- Complimentary insurance covers. This card offers complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance, international travel insurance, and transit accident insurance.
- Emergency services. Company administrators, as well as cardholders, can turn to a 24-hour toll-free telephone support service for matters like reporting lost or stolen cards, organising emergency replacements, and provisions of cash.
- Detailed statements. You can choose between different options from HSBC’s monthly billing cycle. While you can expect a consolidated statement, you also get statements at the individual cardholder level.
- Liability protection. Complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance provides protection against misuse of cards by employees. Businesses also receive protection when cards are used fraudulently.
- Card security. These Visa cards are microchip enabled, making them safer to use in comparison to cards that rely on magnetic strips. In the online world, Verified by Visa works in providing extra safety.
- Global acceptance. Your employees can use their Corporate Platinum Visa Cards in over 200 countries around the world, both at EFTPOS terminals and ATMs.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $129.
- Purchase rate. Purchases you make with this card attract an interest rate of 19.99%
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transaction, an interest rate of 21.99% will apply from the date of the transaction.