Health Professionals Bank Credit Card
Save money with an ongoing $0 annual fee and low interest rate on purchases.
The Health Professionals Bank Credit Card gives you a way to cut your credit card costs with a $0 annual fee for the life of the card. It also offers an introductory interest rate of 7.9% p.a. for the first 6 months on purchases and balance transfers.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 11.5% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Health Professional Bank Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||7.9% p.a. for 6 months|
|Purchase rate||7.9% p.a. for 6 months, reverts to 11.5% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.5% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$25,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.9%|
- 7.9% p.a. for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No rewards program and insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.9%|
|Cash advance fee||$4.50|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4.50|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Health Professionals Bank Credit Card is no-frills credit card that is suited to people who want to keep their account costs down. As well as an ongoing $0 annual fee, you'll also get a 7.9% interest rate for the first 6 months.
This card also gives you 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay off your total account balance by the due date on each statement.
How to apply
You can apply for the Health Professionals Bank Credit Card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Membership. You'll need to pay for a one-time membership fee of $10 in order to become a shareholder of the Health Professionals Bank.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt. If you don't know your credit score or what's on your file, you can get a free copy of your credit report through Finder.
- Residency. You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number, and marital status.
- Proof of identification. You also need to provide a valid form of IDs, such as your Australian driver's licence or passport.
- Employment information. You will be asked to provide details of your income, monthly expenses and any assets and liabilities. You may also be asked for recent payslips or a tax assessment notice from the ATO (Australian Taxation Office).
- Financial information. This covers any other forms of income, assets such as savings and existing credit cards, loans or other debts. You also need to share details of your household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
- $0 annual fee. The Health Professionals Bank Credit Card does not charge an annual fee for the life of the card.
- Low introductory rate. Save with a 7.9% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months. Any remaining balance at the end of the introductory period will revert to the variable interest rate of 11.5% p.a.
- Visa benefits. Receive extra protection against fraudulent transactions when you shop online with Visa Zero Liability. Plus, get access to exclusive shopping, dining, travel, and entertainment deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Interest rates. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a variable interest rate of 11.5% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the closing balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Credit limits. You can request a credit limit ranging from $1,000 to $25,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee of 2.9% applies when you use this card overseas or shop online in a foreign currency