You have five options to choose from with HCF Extras cover, giving you confidence in your health insurance.
HCF Extras Only policies cover the parts parts of their hospital and extras policies, in one handy package. With the option of a no-obligation quote, you can easily compare prices based on your budget.
Top 3 features
- Good for long-standing member benefits.
- Good for receiving 100% back on certain services with certain providers.
- Good for various budgets.
Compare more health insurance options
What HCF Extras Only are available?
HCF provides five Extras Only cover options.
- Starter Extras. This entry-level extras cover provides basic protection for dental costs and a range of other general treatments. It's designed for those who want the most affordable cover option available.
- Starter Extras (with optical). With cover for dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic and more, this next level of cover provides a broader range of benefits and higher benefit limits.
- Mid Extras. This mid-level policy option is designed to combine affordability with a decent range of benefits. It includes higher benefit limits and cover for treatments such as oral surgery, osteopathy, remedial massage and emergency ambulance
- Vital Extras. This policy offers quality extras cover for an extensive range of treatments and services, including orthodontics, dietetics, and hearing aids.
- Top Extras. This is the top level of cover from HCF. It provides the highest benefit limits available and covers a huge range of general treatment options.
Read on for the specifics of each policy.
|Starter Extras (with optical)||All of the above plus;|
|Mid Extras||All of the above, plus;|
|Vital Extras||All of the above, plus;|
|Top Extras||All of the above, with highest annual limits|
Other benefits of HCF Extras Cover
HCF members receive a few attractive benefits.
- Travel insurance. HCF members receive a 20% discount on HCF Travel Insurance, issued by QBE.
- Pet insurance. HCF health fund members can also receive 15% off the cost of HCF Pet Insurance, issued by The Hollard Insurance Company.
- My Health Guardian. This online program allows you to improve your health and wellbeing with nutritional advice, exercise programs, health coaching and more.
- More for Teeth program. Members in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and regional NSW can access many diagnostic and preventative dental services for no charge.
- HCF Dental and Eyecare Centres. HCF operates a network of dental and eyecare centres across Sydney.
- Healthy Weight for Life Programs. Lose weight and learn the necessary skills to keep it off for the rest of your life.
HCF also reward long-standing members.
- Diamond members. If you've been with HCF for over 25 years and have a top tier policy, you are rewarded with preferential servicing, a growing range of exclusive offers, VIP experiences and more.
- Ruby. If you've been with HCF for more than 10 years, you get access to special offers and rewards, exclusive access to unique events and more.
- Emerald. For 5 years service or more you can access an increasing range of discounts and privileges from HCF partner brands.
- Opal. Customers who have been with HCF for under 5 years are still rewarded with various exclusive offers and rewards.
How do the costs work?
Each policy has an annual limits on certain services, as well as a maximum amount per claim. Make sure you check these details before signing up.
HCF extras covers also give you access to More for You programs. This means 100% back on selected extras like dental check-ups and an initial consult with a physio, chiro or osteo when you use HCF's network of over 10,000 participating More for You providers.
Waiting periods and limitations
The list of general exclusions on your HCF PDS contains situations when your extras claim will not be paid. These include if:
- Your claim is for services received outside Australia
- Your claim is for services received more than two years prior to the date you lodge your claim
- Your claim is for the treatment of pre-existing conditions or ailments during the first 12 months of your membership
- Your claim is for goods or services from a provider not recognised by HCF
- Your claim is for expenses that could be recoverable from another source
When you join any Australian health fund, if you have not held private health cover before you will need to serve waiting periods. While most extras services are available after two months, others such as major dental and hearing aids require you to serve longer waiting periods.
How to make a claim
- Claim on the spot by swiping your HCF membership card
- Claim online through the HCF website
- Claim from your smartphone using the HCF app
- Claim at any HCF branch
- Claim by post by filling out and submitting a claim form
In order for claims to be approved you will need to provide:
- The name and contact details of the provider
- Details of the service you received
- The date the service was received