Choose from 5 Levels of Extras Only Health Insurance with HCF
HCF has grown to become the largest not-for-profit health fund in Australia with an award winning product range matched by nationally recognised customer service. In addition to its three hospital cover options, HCF provides five levels of extras cover: Bronze Extras, Bronze Plus Extras, Silver Extras, Gold Extras and Platinum Extras.
Looking for a Extras Only Health Insurance that can be tailored with additional cover options to meet your needs? Read on to discover the benefits of HCF Extras Only Health Insurance or submit your details in the form below to receive a no-obligation quote from an insurance consultant.
Complete the form and you'll be contacted by a consultant for an obligation free discussion about your health insurance options.The consultant will work with you to compare a range of health insurance providers which may include:
HCF members can choose from the following five levels of extras cover:
- Bronze Extras. This entry-level extras cover provides basic protection for dental costs and a range of other general treatments. It’s designed for those who want the most affordable cover option available.
- Bronze Plus Extras. With cover for dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic and more, this next level of cover provides a broader range of benefits and higher benefit limits.
- Silver Extras. This mid-level policy option is designed to combine affordability with a decent range of benefits. It includes higher benefit limits and cover for treatments such as oral surgery, osteopathy, remedial massage and emergency ambulance.
- Gold Extras. This policy offers quality extras cover for an extensive range of treatments and services, including orthodontics, dietetics, and hearing aids.
- Platinum Extras. This is the top level of cover from HCF. It provides the highest benefit limits available and covers a huge range of general treatment options.
- Pet Insurance discounts. Members can take advantage of a 10% discount on HCF Pet Insurance.
- Travel insurance discounts. HCF Travel Insurance is available to HCF health fund members at a 10% discount.
- Member benefits. In the 2014 financial year, HCF returned 93.3 cents on the dollar for member benefits. The health fund average across Australia was only 86.4 cents.
- No excess. No hospital excess is payable for dependent children.
- Fully covered extras. HCF provides a wide range of fully covered extras treatments for teeth, eyes, muscles, feet and back through a network of more than 9,500 providers.
- My Health Guardian. This online program gives you the tools you need to improve your overall health and wellbeing.
- Dental and eyecare centres. HCF operates several dental and eyecare centres across metropolitan Sydney.
The list of general exclusions on your HCF PDS contains situations when your extras claim will not be paid. These include if:
- Your claim is for services received outside Australia
- Your claim is for services received more than two years prior to the date you lodge your claim
- Your claim is for the treatment of pre-existing conditions or ailments during the first 12 months of your membership
- Your claim is for goods or services from a provider not recognised by HCF
- Your claim is for expenses that could be recoverable from another source
When you join any Australian health fund, if you have not held private health cover before you will need to serve waiting periods. While most extras services are available after two months, others such as major dental and hearing aids require you to serve longer waiting periods.
There are a range of factors that influence the cost of your HCF extras cover, including:
- The policy you choose. The higher the level of cover the more you have to pay for it.
- Rebates. Whether or not you are eligible for the Government private health insurance rebate.
- Lifetime Health Cover. Sign up for cover before your 31st birthday and you can avoid paying additional premiums.
- Lower your cover. Choose a lower level of cover to enjoy cheaper premiums.
- Combine your cover. Choosing combined hospital and extras cover is cheaper than the combined premiums charged for standalone extras and hospital cover.
- Loyalty benefits. The longer you stay a member of HCF, the more you can claim on certain benefits such as physiotherapy, major dental and natural therapies.
- Claim on the spot by swiping your HCF membership card
- Claim online through the HCF website
- Claim from your smartphone using the HCF app
- Claim at any HCF branch
- Claim by post by filling out and submitting a claim form
In order for claims to be approved you will need to provide:
- The name and contact details of the provider
- Details of the service you received
- The date the service was received
Q. What types of policies are available from HCF?
- A. HCF offers cover for singles, couples, families and single parent families.
Q. Does HCF offer any health management programs for its members?
- A. Yes. These include programs for weight management, childbirth education, lactation consultants, learn to swim classes, stress management and quit smoking, exercise classes and gym membership.
Q. Where can I find the HCF app?
- A. You can download the HCF claim app from the Google Play store for Android devices and from the Apple Appstore for Apple devices.
Q. Can I change my level of cover?
- A. Yes you can, but remember that if you upgrade to a higher level of cover you will need to pay extra premiums and serve additional waiting periods.
Q. How can I find an HCF recognised provider?
- A. Simply login to the member section of the HCF website and use the search feature to find your closest health professional.
Q. Is there a free trial period in which I can sample cover?
- A. A 30-day cooling-off period applies when you sign up for membership. You can cancel your policy during this time and receive a full refund, as long as you haven’t made a claim under your policy.
Is there an option for overseas visitors?
If you’re an overseas visitor working in Australia, HCF Overseas Visitors Health Cover provides comprehensive health protection. It provides cover for hospital accommodation in a HCF approved hospital, theatre fees, special care unit, emergency ambulance cover and more. Optional extras cover is also available to cover dental, physiotherapy, chiropractic, osteo, optical and natural therapies. As the largest not-for-profit health fund in Australia, HCF can offer a range of attractive features to its customers. Just make sure to compare the benefits and advantages of several funds before deciding on the right one for you.
Interested in Applying for HCF Extras Only Health Insurance?
If the cover provided under the HCF Extras Only Health Insurance policy looks like a good fit for you, why not make a secure enquiry with an insurance consultant to find out more and receive a no-obligation quote. A consultant will help you compare this policy against other policies available and assist you with your policy application. Quotes are provided free of charge.