HCF health insurance discounts
Thinking of joining HCF? Check out these limited-time discounts and coupon codes for new HCF health insurance members.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Choosing a private health fund is a big decision, so many funds offer special deals and promotions to encourage you to join.
HCF is Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, providing health insurance cover to almost 1.5 million Australians. If you’re considering joining HCF or switching from another fund, check out the limited-time offers and promotions from HCF to see if you can get a better deal for signing up.
Why should I consider HCF?
The deals listed above are just some of the reasons you should consider joining HCF. There are plenty of other benefits and advantages available to HCF members, including:
- Not for profit. HCF is run to provide the best possible health insurance cover to members, not to increase profits for shareholders.
- 100% back on selected extras. HCF members can receive 100% back when they claim for a range of key extras, including preventative dental services, prescription glasses, hearing aids, chiro, podiatry and more. Terms and conditions apply and treatment must be received from a member of HCF’s provider network.
- Increasing benefit limits. Depending on the level of cover you select, the longer you’re an HCF member the more you can claim on selected extras, including dental, physio, chiro, hearing aids and more.
- 20% discount on GP2U services. GP2U is a convenient online service that provides online GP consultations. HCF members can enjoy a 20% discount off GP2U’s standard rates.
- 15% discount on pet insurance. HCF health insurance members can take advantage of a 15% discount on HCF pet insurance.
- Health management programs. HCF members can take control of their health with access to a range of health management programs and services. These include chronic disease management programs, healthy living plans to help you achieve your health and fitness goals, and weight loss programs to help manage type 2 diabetes, heart conditions or osteoarthritis.
What policies can I choose from?
HCF has an extensive range of cover options to suit Australians at all life stages. It offers:
- Hospital cover. There are four levels of hospital cover from HCF: Hospital Bronze Plus, Hospital Standard Silver Plus, Hospital Silver Plus and Hospital Gold.
- Extras cover. You can mix and match hospital cover with the following extras cover options: Starter Extras, Starter Extras (with optical), Mid Extras, Vital Extras or Top Extras.
- Combined hospital and extras cover. HCF offers a range of pre-packaged options that are tailored to your needs. These include Basic Cover, Planning a Family, Family with Kids, Focused on extras and Top Cover. HCF also offer the following packages: My Future Basic Plus 250, 500 or 750, My Family Silver Plus and My Family Advanced Silver Plus
- Ambulance cover. Ambulance-only covers you for emergency and non-emergency ambulance fees. HCF don't offer ambulance-only cover to residents of Tasmania and Queensland.
- Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC). HCF also offers OVHC to suit the cover needs of a wide range of working-visa holders.
Take a look at our HCF health insurance review for more details of the policies this health fund offers and how you can become a member.
How can I make a claim?
There are four simple ways to lodge an extras claim with HCF:
- On the spot at your provider. For the most convenient claims option, simply swipe your HCF membership card at a participating healthcare provider.
- Via an app. You can upload a photo of your receipt to lodge a claim via the HCF My Membership app. This app is available for Apple and Android devices.
- Online. You can submit a claim online through the HCF member section for the following extras services: general dental, dietetics, occupational therapy, podiatry, podiatry, homeopathy, speech pathology, remedial massage, naturopathy and physiotherapy.
- By post. You can download a claim form from the HCF website, request one over the phone or pick up a form from a HCF branch. The completed form and your accompanying receipt can then be submitted by post.
- At a HCF branch. You can make a claim at your nearest HCF branch by presenting your HCF membership card and your receipt.
More guides on Finder
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
1 October price hike: Aussies urged to do a health check on their insurance
Finder research shows that Australians have just under one week to beat the health insurance price increase on 1 October.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Bronze (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Bronze (Hospital).
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Silver (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Silver (Hospital).
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Gold (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Gold (Hospital).
Millions of Aussies will pay more for health insurance from October
Planned price hikes were paused in April due to COVID. Now, they're back on.
What is life insurance?
Not sure what life insurance is? We take you through the basics of life insurance with our easy to understand guide.
Life insurance for medical workers
Find life insurance for medical workers. Insurance that covers the unique risks faced by frontline medical professionals.
How health insurance could save you cash in tax time 2020
There's still time to get your health insurance sorted and prevent an unnecessary fee down the line.
Tax time: One million Australians paying health cover penalty
Thousands of young Australians only have one week left to take out health insurance to avoid the Lifetime Health Cover Loading penalty, according to new research by Finder, Australia's most visited comparison site.
You might like these...
Ask an Expert