HCF members can get loyalty rewards and discounts across Australian stores
Choosing a private health fund is a big decision, so many funds offer special deals and promotions to encourage you to join.
HCF is Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, providing health insurance cover to almost 1.5 million Australians. If you’re considering joining HCF or switching from another fund, check out the limited-time offers and promotions from HCF to see if you can get a better deal for signing up.
Compare more health insurance options
Sign up deals with HCF for September 2021
Why should I consider HCF?
The deals listed above are just some of the reasons you should consider joining HCF. There are plenty of other benefits and advantages available to HCF members, including:
- Not for profit. HCF is run to provide the best possible health insurance cover to members, not to increase profits for shareholders.
- 100% back on selected extras. HCF members can receive 100% back when they claim for a range of key extras, including preventative dental services, prescription glasses, hearing aids, chiro, podiatry and more. Terms and conditions apply and treatment must be received from a member of HCF’s provider network.
- Increasing benefit limits. Depending on the level of cover you select, the longer you’re an HCF member the more you can claim on selected extras, including dental, physio, chiro, hearing aids and more.
- 20% discount on GP2U services. GP2U is a convenient online service that provides online GP consultations. HCF members can enjoy a 20% discount off GP2U’s standard rates.
- 15% discount on pet insurance. HCF health insurance members can take advantage of a 15% discount on HCF pet insurance.
- Health management programs. HCF members can take control of their health with access to a range of health management programs and services. These include chronic disease management programs, healthy living plans to help you achieve your health and fitness goals, and weight loss programs to help manage type 2 diabetes, heart conditions or osteoarthritis.
What policies can I choose from?
HCF has an extensive range of cover options to suit Australians at all life stages. It offers:
- Hospital cover. There are four levels of hospital cover from HCF: Hospital Bronze Plus, Hospital Standard Silver Plus, Hospital Silver Plus and Hospital Gold.
- Extras cover. You can mix and match hospital cover with the following extras cover options: Starter Extras, Starter Extras (with optical), Mid Extras, Vital Extras or Top Extras.
- Combined hospital and extras cover. HCF offers a range of pre-packaged options that are tailored to your needs. These include Basic Cover, Planning a Family, Family with Kids, Focused on extras and Top Cover. HCF also offer the following packages: My Future Basic Plus 250, 500 or 750, My Family Silver Plus and My Family Advanced Silver Plus
- Ambulance cover. Ambulance-only covers you for emergency and non-emergency ambulance fees. HCF don't offer ambulance-only cover to residents of Tasmania and Queensland.
- Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC). HCF also offers OVHC to suit the cover needs of a wide range of working-visa holders.
Take a look at our HCF health insurance review for more details of the policies this health fund offers and how you can become a member.
How can I make a claim?
There are four simple ways to lodge an extras claim with HCF:
- On the spot at your provider. For the most convenient claims option, simply swipe your HCF membership card at a participating healthcare provider.
- Via an app. You can upload a photo of your receipt to lodge a claim via the HCF My Membership app. This app is available for Apple and Android devices.
- Online. You can submit a claim online through the HCF member section for the following extras services: general dental, dietetics, occupational therapy, podiatry, podiatry, homeopathy, speech pathology, remedial massage, naturopathy and physiotherapy.
- By post. You can download a claim form from the HCF website, request one over the phone or pick up a form from a HCF branch. The completed form and your accompanying receipt can then be submitted by post.
- At a HCF branch. You can make a claim at your nearest HCF branch by presenting your HCF membership card and your receipt.
More guides on Finder
Thinking of making a TPD claim? Learn the 5 key steps to take
If you need to make a claim on your TPD insurance, follow these steps to ensure you have the best chance of making a successful claim.
Cancer health insurance in Australia
Health insurance for cancer improves on what Medicare covers by giving you more control and quicker treatment.
Health insurance for sleep apnoea
Think you may have sleep apnoea? Here's what you need to know about public and private healthcare cover.
COVID vaccination rewards from Medibank, Finder, Qantas, Telstra and more
Major names in health insurance and travel have moved fast to offer rewards to people who've received the COVID-19 vaccination.
Health insurance for elective surgery
Australia has a great public healthcare system, but when it comes to elective surgery, there are good reasons to get private health insurance.
Health insurance for chronic pain
See how private health insurance can offer support if you suffer from chronic pain.
Occupational therapy and health insurance
Find out how both Medicare and private health insurance cover occupational therapy to get the assistance you need.
Term Life Insurance in Australia
Find out how term life insurance actually works and receive quotes for cover securely.
Coronavirus: How it’s impacting life insurance
The outbreak of covid-19 has many people wondering about their insurance options. This guide helps answer all you life insurance question during the coronavirus outbreak.
NSW waives COVID ambulance fees: What about the rest of Australia?
What isn't covered by ambulance services, and can insurance help?
Save on your health insurance
Ask an Expert