HCF Extras Only policies cover the parts of their hospital and extras policies, in one handy package. With the option of a no-obligation quote, you can easily compare prices based on your budget.
Top 3 features
- Good for long-standing member benefits.
- Good for receiving 100% back on certain services with certain providers.
- Good for various budgets.
Why compare health insurance with Finder?
We don't ask for your phone or email to see prices.
With 1 click, you can open your results to nearly every fund in Australia.
You pay the same price as going direct – we charge no fees.
It looks like we don't have any coupons at the moment. Take a look at our most recent deals
HCF provides five Extras Only cover options.
- Starter Extras. This entry-level extras cover provides basic protection for dental costs and a range of other general treatments. It's designed for those who want the most affordable cover option available.
- Starter Extras (with optical). With cover for dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic and more, this next level of cover provides a broader range of benefits and higher benefit limits.
- Mid Extras. This mid-level policy option is designed to combine affordability with a decent range of benefits. It includes higher benefit limits and cover for treatments such as oral surgery, osteopathy, remedial massage and emergency ambulance
- Vital Extras. This policy offers quality extras cover for an extensive range of treatments and services, including orthodontics, dietetics, and hearing aids.
- Top Extras. This is the top level of cover from HCF. It provides the highest benefit limits available and covers a huge range of general treatment options.
Read on for the specifics of each policy.
- 100% back on one dental check per year at participating providers
- Remedial massage and myotherapy
- Acupuncture and CHinese herbal medicine
|Starter Extras (with optical)||All of the above plus;|
- Optical, including glasses and contact lenses
|Mid Extras||All of the above, plus;|
- 100% back on an extra dental check per year at participating providers (a total of two)
- Prescription glasses (excluding add-ons such as high index material, coatings and tinting) and free digital retinal imaging eye check at participating providers
- Exercise Physiology
- Health Management Programs (HCF approved e.g. exercise classes)
|Vital Extras||All of the above, plus;|
- Speech Pathology
- HCF approved pharmacy (After PBS equivalent co-payment subtracted)
- Artifical aids (eg. low vision aids)
- School Accident Benefit
- Hearing aids
|Top Extras||All of the above, with highest annual limits||
HCF members receive a few attractive benefits.
- Telehealth services. Medicare is limiting who can get bulk-billed GP telehealth sessions. If Medicare doesn't cover you for bulk-billed GP2U consultations, HCF will.
- Member offers. You get access to HCF's Thank You scheme the longer you stay with the health fund. It gives you discounts on retail, groceries and more There are Opal, Emerald, Ruby and Diamond members.
- Pet insurance. HCF members get up to 15% off their pet insurance.
- Manage Your Health. You get access to a number of health management programs, including Health Management Programs, Weight Management and Mental Health support.
- 100% back on popular extras. This includes 1 or 2 dental check ups per year, a physio appointment, chiro or osteo appointment, a podiatrist appointment, prescription glasses and hearing aids with Blamey Saunders hears.
HCF also reward long-standing members.
- Diamond members. If you've been with HCF for over 25 years and have a top tier policy, you are rewarded with preferential servicing, a growing range of exclusive offers, VIP experiences and more.
- Ruby. If you've been with HCF for more than 14 years, you get access to special offers and rewards, exclusive access to unique events and more.
- Emerald. For 5 years service or more you can access an increasing range of discounts and privileges from HCF partner brands.
- Opal. Customers who have been with HCF for under 5 years are still rewarded with various exclusive offers and rewards.
Each policy has an annual limits on certain services, as well as a maximum amount per claim. Make sure you check these details before signing up.
HCF extras covers also give you access to More for You programs. This means 100% back on selected extras like dental check-ups and an initial consult with a physio, chiro or osteo when you use HCF's network of over 10,000 participating More for You providers.
Waiting periods and limitations
The list of general exclusions on your HCF PDS contains situations when your extras claim will not be paid. These include if:
- Your claim is for services received outside Australia
- Your claim is for services received more than two years prior to the date you lodge your claim
- Your claim is for the treatment of pre-existing conditions or ailments during the first 12 months of your membership
- Your claim is for goods or services from a provider not recognised by HCF
- Your claim is for expenses that could be recoverable from another source
When you join any Australian health fund, if you have not held private health cover before you will need to serve waiting periods. While most extras services are available after two months, others such as major dental and hearing aids require you to serve longer waiting periods.
- Claim on the spot by swiping your HCF membership card
- Claim online through the HCF website
- Claim from your smartphone using the HCF app
- Claim at any HCF branch
- Claim by post by filling out and submitting a claim form
In order for claims to be approved you will need to provide:
- The name and contact details of the provider
- Details of the service you received
- The date the service was received
Our health insurance engine is completely free to use. You pay the same as buying directly from the health insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and you can compare nearly every health fund in Australia on the site (and find a better deal).
We're here to help
Since 2014, we've helped 350,000+ people find health insurance by explaining your options simply. We'll never ask for your number or email to see prices. We're here to help you make a decision.